The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
baw19

Problem with FlightPlan 'Save As'

Hi guys,

It seems when you use "Save As" with FSC9 flight plans you can no longer select an existing filename in the file dialog, you have to manually re-type it. This is new behaviour - in v8 the file dialog was enabled and you could simply click a filename and save it as that.

saveas.jpg

Can you patch the program to enable the file dialog so we can select a previously saved file as our filename?

I'm not sure how other people use FSC but I really don't like clutter so I prefer to name my flight plans 'flightplan.pln' regardless of where I'm flying. FSC's habit of naming the plans as DEPTDEST makes for an excellent option, but as a mandatory naming convention it quickly becomes irritating.

I'm fairly sure I've asked this before but can't you just add a simple setting to the INI file to let us set a default filename? We don't need anything in the program to maintain it, we can open the INI file and type it in there. It would be such a relief!

Thanks

Ian

Ian,

Another person I agree with... I work the same way you do. In order to minimize typing, I always selected a previous plan and made some minor updates to its name and save (easy and fast). Now I have to retype the whole thing as we can see this can get time consuming if you have a lot flight plans (like me).

Sure hope the list box displaying the saved plans can be "enabled" and with some minor code updates get the selected file to display in the File Name field. I know that this can't be controlled via an INI and would actually need actual coding to get it work the way we're hoping to... at least from what I can see.

I noticed something else that changed with V9.0, when you save the plan locally you can only save the FSC plan in the FSC folder.

As I fly routes for a few airlines, I used to have the flightplans in each individual airline folder.

Any chance of reintroducing the ability to save these like this ?

I have the same problem, exactly there are 2 problems:

1.) it is not possible to use an existing filename for "SAVE AS" and it is not possible to scroll down the filelist

2.) I save a new flightplan for the first time with "SAVE AS", if I save that flightplan after some changes a second or third time with "SAVE", only the FSC9 flightplan is changed but none of the other formats (radar contact, FSX).

Hi everybody,

the first observation (select name from existing list) is correct and is due to the fact that the list box is inactive. We might change this in an upgrade, but first we have to check the consequence. Thank for pointing it out.

The second observation is,of course, also correct. Quite frankly, we haven't thought of this, but will again consider this for the next upgrade.

Regards

Sascha

As with others, above, I can't select a previous filename and modify it in the manner I'm accustomed to in earlier versions of FSC. But equally troublesome, I can't use lower case, and I cannot use a dash. This severely limits my ability to enter meaningful names for my saved flights.

For me, a single flight plan is almost inevitably just one part of a series of flight plans as I work my way through a "Charter", possibly consisting of a hundred or more flight plans (to be archived, later). Hence, it's essential for me to edit the plan when saving, so that it's broken into it's meaningful components. So "EGLLLLFP" becomes "MacRobertson-02-EGLL-LLFP", or something equally elaborate. And selecting such a filename in earlier versions made this very easy, of course.

So may I respectfully request that while we're about re-making filename selection a possibility, can we please also revert to allowing lower-case letters and dashes?!?

Cheers,

Thanks Sascha,

Thank for pointing it out.

No probs!

The second observation is,of course, also correct. Quite frankly, we haven't thought of this, but will again consider this for the next upgrade.

Excellent! Would be grateful :)

All the best

Ian

I have FSC 9 and like most of it, but i can not save a PMDG flight plan.

I have: FSX

FSUIPC 4.6 registered

FSC 9.0; Database 9.0; Build 291010/091010; Aerosoft; Windows 7/64.

I have the PATH correct for both FSX plans and PMDG and the PMDG box is checked.

However, when I select "SAVE AS" I get a message that: "Flight plan for Add-On aircraft can not be saved because the FSX folder is unknown.

I have FSX, and thus the PMDG folder on Drive E:, and FSX flight plans are on C: in "My Documents" as normal.

If anyone can help me please make it simple. I am an airplane guy, not a computer person.

Thanks,

Jerry

I have FSX, and thus the PMDG folder on Drive E:, and FSX flight plans are on C: in "My Documents" as normal.

If anyone can help me please make it simple. I am an airplane guy, not a computer person.

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

while reading the manual, chapter 19, Options Window, you will find on page 107 the item Flight Plan.

The text and the screenshot shows any information about settings. You must set the Folder Flight Simulator X installation.

Thats the folder where your Flight Simulator is installed. In this case the FSCommander knows, where the program has to

save the flight plan for the PMDG.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Jerry,

while reading the manual, chapter 19, Options Window, you will find on page 107 the item Flight Plan.

The text and the screenshot shows any information about settings. You must set the Folder Flight Simulator X installation.

Thats the folder where your Flight Simulator is installed. In this case the FSCommander knows, where the program has to

save the flight plan for the PMDG.

Regards,

Volker

Volker:

Thank you Sir.

I , as you know, was mis-reading the line for saving the path to "Add-Ons".

All is working as it should now...THANKS!

I like FSC9. Much more intuitive than 8. The SID; STAR & TRANSITION saves on printed paper too.

Jerry