The simFlight Network Forums
BobP

Can't save Flight Plan..

Hi,

I just purchased and installed FSC9. I'm unable to save a flight plan from PAKT to PAJN. I get the message "No flight plan can be filed for airports without runways (PAKT)". I don't understand as 11/28 show on the airport map, so the data is in the data base. Thanks.

Bob

Hi,

I just purchased and installed FSC9. I'm unable to save a flight plan from PAKT to PAJN. I get the message "No flight plan can be filed for airports without runways (PAKT)". I don't understand as 11/28 show on the airport map, so the data is in the data base. Thanks.

Bob

Hello Bob,

I tried to make a flight plan PAKT to PAJN and to save it. It is working fine, see the attachement. Please give more details and read this first.

Regards

Eric

PAKTPAJN.zip

Hello Bob,

I tried to make a flight plan PAKT to PAJN and to save it. It is working fine, see the attachement. Please give more details and read this first.

Regards

Eric

It's not a flight plan issue, but FSC 9 appears to be incorrectly reading multiple bgl's for the same airport.

Using FSC's Search airport feature for ICAO PAKT results in two bgls (two PAKTs) are found.

First bgl ADE-FTX-PFJ-PAK (no runway infor - scenery)

Second bgl APC12120.bgl (has airport info)

It attempts to construct the origin leg off the bgl that does not contain airport info. It will do the same thing with PASI as the origin. If during the flight plan process I pick the second bgl it WILL save the flight plan. However, any attempt to add SID or STAR results in it defaulting to the firt bgl and unable to save. Please pick any airport where more than one bgl exists as your origin, then let me know. This is not an issue with FSC 8.6 using the same airports. Thanks.

Bob.. :)

FSC 9 Build 051110

FSC running via wideclient (current version)

Vista 64

Ran update dbmanager (version 261010)

registered version

It's not a flight plan issue, but FSC 9 appears to be incorrectly reading multiple bgl's for the same airport.

Using FSC's Search airport feature for ICAO PAKT results in two bgls (two PAKTs) are found.

It attempts to construct the origin leg off the bgl that does not contain airport info. It will do the same thing with PASI as the origin. If during the flight plan process I pick the second bgl it WILL save the flight plan. However, any attempt to add SID or STAR results in it defaulting to the firt bgl and unable to save. Please pick any airport where more than one bgl exists as your origin, then let me know. This is not an issue with FSC 8.6 using the same airports. Thanks.

Could someone else try this please. I do have UTX Alaska and the new Orbx Pacific NW installed. Thanks.

FSC 9 Build 051110

FSC running via wideclient (current version)

Vista 64

Ran update dbmanager (version 261010)

registered version

I'm having exactly the same issue. Is this being addressed or is there a workaround or fix for it?

Waco

Same issue here. When creating a pln i got 3 PAKT offered when selecting the departure and 4 PAJN when selecting arrival.

I have also UTX Alaska and Orbx PNW (shouldn't be a problem as PNW doesn't cover Alaska) ORBX was not active when building the database!

post-12756-006117900 1289477900_thumb.jp post-12756-078082700 1289477919_thumb.jp

It points to the following files:

PAKT:

- APX12120.bgl

- UTX_PAKT_AP.bgl (showing no aiport data, no runways etc. but 1 gate)

- PAKT_AP.bgl same data as apx12120.bgl, except that the graphic shows the gates at diffent positions

APX121290.bgl

post-12756-005067900 1289479601_thumb.jp

UTX_PAKT_AP.bgl

post-12756-055826400 1289479635_thumb.jp

PAKT_AP.bgl

post-12756-084608200 1289479664_thumb.jp

The same applies to PAJN, there are 4 files: UTX_PAJN_ALK.bgl, UTX_PAJN_AP.bgl, APX12110.bgl, PAJN-AP.bgl

BTW: the same issue appears under FSC8.6, so not a FSC9 problem.

Hi,

the problem reported here is due to the fact that the sceneries in question do not follow the standard specifications for FS scenery files. More specifically, as far as we can see runways are not specified in the corresponding *.bgl files as runways (as they should be), but rather are pure bitmaps or whatever graphic format is being used.

Since runways are purely graphic and not specified as runways, the corresponding airport figures as an airport without runway which cannot be saved in FS Commander.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do.

Regards

Sascha & Volker

I don't understand as I can create a flight plan using the same airports in 8.6 and NOT get the 'Can't save a flight without runways'. If it is un-fixable then most of the airports I fly out of are useless for flight planning relative to saving them. This is most disappointing as I have NEVER seen the error before with any version of FSC and I have had them all.

Bob..

I don't understand as I can create a flight plan using the same airports in 8.6 and NOT get the 'Can't save a flight without runways'. If it is un-fixable then most of the airports I fly out of are useless for flight planning relative to saving them. This is most disappointing as I have NEVER seen the error before with any version of FSC and I have had them all.

Bob..

I can reproduce this error also in FSC 8.6. But it only seems to occur when you have UTX installed. And I never came across this problem until following this thread and I'm flying a lot around Europe and North America (Northwest and Alaska) all installed with UTX. So I think it is a problem occuring at those airports "corrected" through UTX. I think I will open a ticket there as this is definitely not a FSC problem!

I can reproduce this error also in FSC 8.6. But it only seems to occur when you have UTX installed. And I never came across this problem until following this thread and I'm flying a lot around Europe and North America (Northwest and Alaska) all installed with UTX. So I think it is a problem occuring at those airports "corrected" through UTX. I think I will open a ticket there as this is definitely not a FSC problem!

I do have UTX installed. I don't why, but I do NOT have the issue with 8.6, which I will continue to use. Version 9.0 has some nice improvements, however, the UTX? issue is very frustrating. Thanks.

I do have UTX installed. I don't why, but I do NOT have the issue with 8.6, which I will continue to use. Version 9.0 has some nice improvements, however, the UTX? issue is very frustrating. Thanks.

Are you sure that you ran the dbManager after installing UTX? Most people run the DBMAnager only after installing airport addons and miss this for UTX as it is more a landclass/texture addon. But especially for UTX Alaska ScenerySolutions reworked 200 airports and this might be the culprit.

If it is un-fixable then most of the airports I fly out of are useless for flight planning relative to saving them.

Well the workaround can be: open the airport information window, look at which position the "correct" aiport is and choose thi airport as your departure/arrival. See my screenshots above to know what I mean. In case of PAKT it would be the 3rd.

Hi Sascha, hi Volker,

regarding this issue I opened a new post at the UTX forum and this is what I have been asked and maybe you can answer this:

Does FSCommander provide a method to pick between airport information it finds? When it finds multiple entries for the same airport how does it determine which of the files to use e.g. is it done alphabetically with first/last one 'winning', or by last modified? If it is something simple such as the name then you can rename the UTX entries so that the default files are found first.

Jeff

Thanks,

Otto

Hi Mopperle,

in response to the previous post, here is how we proceed. Obviously the problem arises only if the object for a single airport are distributed over more than one *.bgl file.

Whenever the Database Manager finds an airport file (determined by the header), a new record is openend and the relevant information is written into this record. As a consequence, when all data have been read, there may be more than one record for a given airport, more precisely as many records as there are files for that record. Before things are written to your hard drive, the DB Manager check all records for doubles (or triples, etc) and all records with the same ICAO code are then merged.

There is only one case which is not handled by the DB Manager, namely if an add-on scenery file appears in the standard default scenery folder (/Scenery). You can install add-on sceneries whereever you want, but never in that folder where also the default sceneries are saved.

Regards

Sascha

P.S.

Da uns die Sache interessiert, könntest Du bitte mit Volker Kontakt aufnehmen. Seine E-mail Adresse findest Du unten auf unserer Homepage.

OK, so I got an answer from ScenerySolutions (the UTX developers) and the problem got something to do with the fact, that UTX is installed within the default scenery folder. For UTX this is the first time that such a problem occured. They will check if there is a chance for a short-term solution, but will keep an eye on it for future releases/products. To read the complete answer look here.

Otto

Hallo an alle!

Ich habe heute endlich die Box vom FSC 9 erhalten und wollte sie sofort installieren. Beim Auto Setup erhielt ich die Meldung, dass ich zuerst die Vorgängerversion deinstallieren müsse. Wollte ich zwar nicht unbedingt, aber ich tat es dann doch. Die Installation verlief ansonsten reibungslos, auch das Update vom 23.11. von der Aerosoft HP. Das Problem welches ich jedoch jetzt habe ist, daß der Speicherpfad der Flugpläne (egal wie ich es in den "WINDOW->OPTIONS->Flightplan->Folder Flight Simulator einstelle) immer im Ordner Aerosoft/FSC9/Flightplan/FSC abgespeichert wird. Dies passiert bei beiden FS 9/X Versionen, obwohl im Folder Flight Simulator (flight Plans) der richtige Pfad aufscheint.

Ich hoffe es aknn mir jemand helfen.

Betriebsystem ist WIN7, und ich bin Admin.

Michael

Hallo an alle!

Ich habe heute endlich die Box vom FSC 9 erhalten und wollte sie sofort installieren. Beim Auto Setup erhielt ich die Meldung, dass ich zuerst die Vorgängerversion deinstallieren müsse. Wollte ich zwar nicht unbedingt, aber ich tat es dann doch. Die Installation verlief ansonsten reibungslos, auch das Update vom 23.11. von der Aerosoft HP. Das Problem welches ich jedoch jetzt habe ist, daß der Speicherpfad der Flugpläne (egal wie ich es in den "WINDOW->OPTIONS->Flightplan->Folder Flight Simulator einstelle) immer im Ordner Aerosoft/FSC9/Flightplan/FSC abgespeichert wird. Dies passiert bei beiden FS 9/X Versionen, obwohl im Folder Flight Simulator (flight Plans) der richtige Pfad aufscheint.

Ich hoffe es aknn mir jemand helfen.

Betriebsystem ist WIN7, und ich bin Admin.

Michael

Hi Michael,

starte den FSCommander erneut für den FSX -> setze die richtigen Pfade für die Flugpläne -> verlasse das Programm

und sichere folgende Datei FSC.INI extern als FSX.INI.FSX sowie FSC_Protocol.log extern als FSC_Protocol.log.FSX

Danach die ganze Prozedure noch einmal für Deinen FS9 -> -> setze die richtigen Pfade für die Flugpläne -> verlasse das Programm

und sichere folgende Datei FSC.INI extern als FSX.INI.FS9 sowie FSC_Protocol.log extern als FSC_Protocol.log.FS9

Diese 4 Dateien sendest Du mir in einem e-mail an meine Adresse die Du auf unserer Webseite ganz unten findest.

Gruss

Volker

Recht herzliche Dank für deine Antwort.

Habe inzwischen den FSC de- und neuinstalliert; und siehe da es funktioniert. Das Update habe ich beim 2.mal nicht installiert.

Werde das ganze jatzt einmal testen.

Mike

OK, so I got an answer from ScenerySolutions (the UTX developers) and the problem got something to do with the fact, that UTX is installed within the default scenery folder. For UTX this is the first time that such a problem occured. They will check if there is a chance for a short-term solution, but will keep an eye on it for future releases/products. To read the complete answer look here.

Otto

Otto, thank you for your effort, however, that is NOT my problem. I'm still puzzled as to why I can save flight plans in 8.6 (both 8.6 and 9.0 installed on same client) using using the exact same data as 9.0. However, 9.0 will not save because it cannot find any runways for UTX airports. For me, FSC IS the problem. I might as well request a refund for 9.0 as I'm not removing UTX and the inability to save any flight plans is a show stopper for me. Thanks.

Bob..

Hi Bob,

the problem is that UTX installs their files into a folder where they don't belong, namely under /Scenery. Mopperle(Otto) has decribed a solution to this problem, namely move your UTX scenerey files/folder out of /Scenery into a different folder. If you refuse to adopt this solution, I'm afraid there is relatively little we can do.

Regards

Sascha

I don't have UTX installed, but I do have "FTX" and "Tongass Fjords" installed and it's the same problem, moving the scenery out of the scenery folders, isn't an option as their scenery is the best I've seen out there, more and more people are going to be using their scenery.

FSC uses a database created from the files it reads on our scenery config file, so where ever we put the scenery it should still find it and create a record in the data base. seems to me getting rid of the record is what needs to happen. What about having the option to delete the offending record from the data base after it's been created? with my problem, there is 2 records of airport PASI #1 Based on File "APX1110.bgl" which has rwy info and #2

Based on file "AF2_FTX_TF_PASI.bgl" which has no rwy info. Now I have renamed the #2 file to "AF2_FTX_TF_PASI_bgl.BAK" and ran the data base creator, and the problem goes away. so being able to get rid of the data entry would work.

"all records with the same ICAO code are then merged"

I can see 2 files and 2 airports in the Airport info window. ???

UTX installs their files into a folder where they don't belong

I have created a couple BGL Files using the SDK and I haven't ever seen this rule.

Well your program didn't have a problem before, but it does now, I can do without FSCommander, but I can't do without FTX (Orbx) scenerys.

I hope you get this resolved soon. Other flight plan programs don't have this issue.

Thanks,

cjordan

Hi CJordan,

First,

moving the scenery out of the scenery folders, isn't an option as their scenery is the best I've seen out there, more and more people are going to be using their scenery.

I never suggested you should delete the scenery, but simply move it to a different folder. It does not make any difference to FX, but it does to FS Commander.

FSC uses a database created from the files it reads on our scenery config file, so where ever we put the scenery it should still find it and create a record in the data base. seems to me getting rid of the record is what needs to happen.

Correct, the database manager reads the file whereever you put it, except if it is placed in the main scenery folder. For the rest, I'm always delighted when people talk about things they apparently don't understand.

I have created a couple BGL Files using the SDK and I haven't ever seen this rule.

Guess why MS created a folder "Addon Scenery"

Well your program didn't have a problem before, but it does now, I can do without FSCommander,..

Well, if you can do without FS Commander, then the problem disappears altogether.

Regards

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

Well all I was trying to do was help and offer a solution to problems encountered with the Orbx FTX scenerys.

As I`m pretty sure they are not going to change how they do things, the scenery works great with how they set it up

with low frame rates. As this scenery catches on, and more people download and use these scenerys, more people are

going to have problems trying to make flight plans using FSCommander.

I never said to delete the scenerys themselves, but to have an option to delete the record for the offending

airport in the FSCommanders data. These scenery files are elevation data for runways, and contain no runway data other than elevation.

I'm always delighted when people talk about things they apparently don't understand.

I understand I have a problem using the "Save Flight Plan" part of your program, and understand you don't seem to care.

I do know that if I rename all the offending files, "Orbx_FTX_rwys.BGL" to "Orbx_FTX_rwys.BAK" then create the FSCommander Airport

data, then rename them back to "Orbx_FTX_rwys.BGL" I have the scenery and there is no problem making the Flight plans

(real file names were not used as there are too many)

Browsing thru many posts, I have noticed that you don't seem to friendly to people that have paid good money for your program, the mouse focus problem

was one I remember off hand, but you didn't take what they had to say as having any credibility, and stated

I emphasize again and again that this is NOT an FS Commander problem

after many posts it was found to be a mouse focus problem. We aren't asking for miracle fixes overnight, it would be nice to at least know that you are looking into

the issues.

Well, if you can do without FS Commander, then the problem disappears altogether

Way to sell a product, but completely uncalled for.

I know that not everyone is all that savy about networking and other computer issues, same problems on different posts, people not reading or searching

posts, nobody reads the "README" files I'm sure it must get to you, and there is always bugs and issues that will come up over time, but a little respect for the person

that paid money to use your program isn't all that much to ask. You say Orbx FTX scenery isn`t installed properly, well things change and we try to adapt.

It won`t be long and all software will be 64bit, as my MS Windows is now, If your program fails to work in the future are you just going to say it Mircosofts problem,

not FSCommanders? No, it will probably be the one who has paid the money who will have the problem.

Thank-you,

C Jordan

Hi cjordan,

came across your problem and it seems a bit strange to me:

1. I guess you meant the "AF2_FSX_TF_PASI_bgl.BAK" and not "AF2_FTX_TF_PASI_bgl.BAK"

2. I have UTX, all of FTX NA and TF installed and have only one file, "AF2_FSX_TF_PASI_bgl.BAK", for PASI:

post-12756-0-89633300-1308048579_thumb.j

FTX NA was active when building FSCs database.

So may be something is wrong with your installation. As in my case FSC works like Volker mentioned: Duplicates will be eliminated, as long as the files are in any other folder then \scenery.

Can you give me an example of a flightplan, you couldn't save?

Duplicates will be eliminated, as long as the files are in any other folder then \scenery.

The files in question are in the "\World\Scenery\" directory "ADE_FTX_PNW_KORS_elevation_adjustment.bgl" is one of 176 files.

I have changed the extensions to .BAK, then did the data for FSC again, then changed the extensions back to .BGL and I don't have a problem.

but it is a lot of work. Since the last post I have found out that I have only problems with the airports that have the extra scenerys.

for example you can buy the FTXs PNW which comes with KORS then you can also purchase FTXs KORS (Orcas Island) which installs on top of PNW.

These are the airports that I have noticed problems and FSC won't give me a choice to get rid of the data that I know doesn't have rwy data in it.

Now I also run "PlanG" on my system and and had no problems saving and using the flightplans made by it. I guess it just ignores files with out

runway data in them. But try and make a flight plan from "KCMW to 1S2" or any of the other extra airports you have purchased other than just PNW

I did have a problem with PASI also but I don't know if I did anything or not. I run FSC over a network and it will not remember the path for the Flightpan, It will remember the FSX path

windows remembers and I dont have a problem seeing the files thru explorer. but if want to save a Flightplan, I have to Map the drive everytime I boot either machine.

FSC 8.6 didn't have that problem.

Just tried this one and it didnt work PASI to PAPG