The simFlight Network Forums
Alige

FSC9 Price

Allways welcome new versions of existing software,like FSC8.xxx.What I dont like is the price for existing users of previous versions!!!!

We alllready paid a good price for the software and must again pay a good price to upgrade the proggy???

Allmost 25 Euro for a upgrade seems to me a bit too much?

15 Euro seems to me a very reasonble price for existing users Sascha!!!!

Think it over there are users for who 26 Euro a lot of money is!!!!

I am adding my agreement to this.

I only purchased FSC in August and I am still getting to grips with it. I was interested to see the new version but was disappointed to see that it would cost me 25 Euros on top of the 35 I've already paid. I appreciate that you are a business and are in it to make money but this seems a little unfair. If I waited three months it would have cost me 35 but now to have version 9 it s effectively costing me 60 Euros.

Furthermore, to then further add insult you state that you will no longer support version 8 customers? That to me seems a foolish policy in that I instantly feel alienated.

So sorry I will not, at this time, be downloading the evaluation copy of version 9.

I feel exactly the same. I purchased version 8.6 in July and have been using it for barely four months. Now to upgrade the "discount" still means at

least another $30 US after I already paid $41.95 for it.. Frankly $72 US seems a bit rich for my wallet.

On top of that, I bought mine from the Flight Sim Pilot Shop and they don't (as yet) have Version 9. So, If I decide to upgrade will I even get a discount??

All in all, rather shabby treatment Sir.

OK guys,

We have to make a statement here.Look mr.Felix,to all the developers that allso make a new version of their product!!!99% offers it for NOTHING for existing users or against a fair price like 10/15 Euro as far as I am willing.

So thinkit over mr.FELIX your proggy is nice but want come near the usefullnes of FSNavigator except the use for the two sims{FS9/FSX}.

Specially for those users who bought the proggy within the last 2/3 months.

You let them buy the proggy althoug you did know you will bring a new version on the market.Thats smells bad in my opinion.

You cannot fly in 2 planes at the same time not even being very rich!!

So whatsup mr.Felix???????????

Hi everyone,

we announced the release of a new version July/August this year indicating that the new version (after 4 years of free updates) would cost money and that there would be a discount for registered users. At that time we did not receive any negative voices about the fact that the new version costs money, in fact many of those who responded show a certain degree of sympathy and understanding.

Of course, you can't make everyone happy. That's the way it is and we have to live with it. There are always people who want to get everything for free.

And especially to Alige, if you feel that FS Commander is so much worse than FS Navigator, simply don't buy it.

Regards

Sascha

There are always people who want to get everything for free.

Regards

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

I don't know if you will read this or not but I wanted to say that I was reluctant to post before as I didn't want to be involved in what potentially could turn into a negative forum article and seriously thought about emailing instead. However I felt that the tone of the first post was ok.

I want to make it clear that I don't expect things for free, my two points where:

1) I don't think the discount is big enough (the original point of between 15 - 20 seems better.)

2) To discontinue support for FSC 8.0 just encourages me not to bother using the programme.

Being honest, it's a weird one really because if I had bought FSC some years ago on its first release I know I would have no issue with upgrading to FSC9 at it's current pricing. It's only because I bought it in August that makes me feel aggrieved. I had bought it through simmarket so wasn't even aware there was a new version on the horizon, I would have probably sat and waited had I known. However that's not the fault of your company maybe I'll just have to admit I've lost out on this occasion.

Edited by someone else

Mr.Felix:

we announced the release of a new version July/August this year indicating that the new version (after 4 years of free updates) would cost money and that there would be a discount for registered users[/Quote]

How is a first time customer going to know that there will be a new version coming out soon? I didn't even know about this forum before I bought it.

As for your "Something for Nothing" comment that is somewhat tasteless considering that those who are posting here are not among the

There are always people who want to get everything for free.[/Quote] and have not been getting
4 years of free updates[/Quote]. Some of us haven't gotten ANYTHING free.

As far as I am concerned you have shown no real interest in dealing fairly with recent buyers of this software. Regrettably, even though I like FSCommander, I will not purchase the new version under the current offer.

Hi everyone,

we announced the release of a new version July/August this year indicating that the new version (after 4 years of free updates) would cost money and that there would be a discount for registered users. At that time we did not receive any negative voices about the fact that the new version costs money, in fact many of those who responded show a certain degree of sympathy and understanding.

Of course, you can't make everyone happy. That's the way it is and we have to live with it. There are always people who want to get everything for free.

And especially to Alige, if you feel that FS Commander is so much worse than FS Navigator, simply don't buy it.

Regards

Sascha

Well Mr.Felix,thats excactly the respons I expected.Childnes and not adult behavior."if you dont like dont buy"

I can tell you that I dont need a FREE copy and if I would I buy your whole company,but I am be a part of this community for allmost 20 years now and I am aware that this community are not only be filled with adult pipel who can pay adult prices.More then 40% are members under the 16 years who are fully depending on the rayroll of their parents!

I did NOT ask you to give away a proggy but only ask you to consider a reasonble price for existing users.Nothing less nothing more.Allso I did NOT say the FSC is WORSE then FSnavigator,NO mr.Felix dont twist my words!!!I said it gives me more then FSC!!!

Have a nice day.

Geert Burgstra

Edited by Ian P:

You were right, Gary.

Your comments have been deleted, but not for reasons you suggest. No matter how aggrieved you feel and no matter how right you feel you are, personal attacks and threats will not be tolerated on this forum. That comes from simFlight, not any developer, and you signed up to rules of conduct when you joined this forum. They're not there for the fun of it. Please abide by them in the future.

You can't blame everyone else when you acknowledge in the other post you knew there was a new version coming. Caveat emptor.

Hi,

this topic has been pinned for the following reason:

trivially, we welcome criticism. And, in fact, we are currently preparing a new fsc.exe in which we respond to these criticisms and fix some of the things that users didn't like or that they objected to.

If you don't like FS Commander, if you find it is too expensive, or if you feel that features are missing that should be there, etc. then voicing such criticism is perfectly OK.

But there are obviously limits to what is tolerable. If someone like garyhall2530 uses insulting language and launches an open call for the boycott of our program because he doesn't get what he wants, then this is way beyond what a support forum is for; namely to provide a platform for criticism and suggestions which will help users to solve problems and to answer question.

I have reported this to Miguel and the general forum moderators and his posts along these lines will be deleted and, if he continues this way, he will be banned altogether. There are simply rules of conduct in forums which everyone needs to follow.

Although I have stated this previously, I will take up the material issue again. For hundreds, if not thousands of users of 8.x we simply don't know where a copy of 8.x was bought when. The program is on sale in many, many stores around the world. Therefore, whether some one is a "recent" (whatever this is) buyer or not cannot be determined for all users alike.

Regards

Sascha