The simFlight Network Forums

FSXPilot and FSC9

eupilot

Hello,

I have got FSX under Vista and FSXPilot. I just installed FSC9. Since then, even if FSC9 is inactive, FSXPilot stops working erratically, FSX freezes and Vista displays a window about WIndows Explorer that can't be closed. I fear the only way around is to uninstall FSC9 and to lose the functionalities of this wonderful flight planner. But I like to do full autoflights so as to appreciate the scenery. Did it happen to anybody? Any idea of a compromise?

Looking forward to a compatibility fix.

eupilot

1. FSX Acceleration

2. FSUIPC version 4.4.60 used

3. FS Commander 9 build 051110 (+fix) and Database Manager version 9 and build 261010

4. download version from FSC website

5. Vista32

Edited by eupilot

Hello,

I have got FSX under Vista and FSXPilot. I just installed FSC9. Since then, even if FSC9 is inactive, FSXPilot stops working erratically, FSX freezes and Vista displays a window about WIndows Explorer that can't be closed. I fear the only way around is to uninstall FSC9 and to lose the functionalities of this wonderful flight planner. But I like to do full autoflights so as to appreciate the scenery. Did it happen to anybody? Any idea of a compromise?

Looking forward to a compatibility fix.

eupilot

1. FSX Acceleration

2. FSUIPC version 4.4.60 used

3. FS Commander 9 build 051110 (+fix) and Database Manager version 9 and build 261010

4. download version from FSC website

5. Vista32

Hello,

Anybody?

It seems that FSXPilot ins't installed on any FSC user's computer.

As far as I know from a previous post, there was already an incompatibility with 8.6.

Everybody has a priority. Mine is FSXPilot. If nobody has a suggestion - an FSC file to rename so as to deactivate FSC when I use FSXPilot or some tweak like that - I shall uninstall FSC, which is a powerful app but an intrusive and exclusive one.

In this case, I would obviously regret my money, and I shall have to switch to old FSBuild, which has SIDs and STARs but is said to work with FSXPilot.

If there is a way around, I shall welcome it.

It may require some cooperation between the developers of both apps: FSC and FSXPilot. Is that asking for something impossible?

Regards to the FSC community.

Bernard

Hi again,

I am very much disappointed. I launched both apps: FSC and FSX. FSC can't connect to FSX (msg#) when I check Connect to FSX. Then, I can't open the GPS window and look at HDG.

Without some other idea, I am bound to uninstall FS Commander. I discover a new (still) beta free flight planner : Virtual Dispatch.

If only my config was atypical, I would understand better, but as far as I know it's rather standard.

I spent 40€ for planning only one flight with SID and STAR, a job I could have done for free with this new utility.

Thank you for your suggestion. I hope you have the one to connect first FSC on FSX. I saw in the forum several posts about such issues. It's really a pity that so many Windows versions, and as many FS ones, result in such a mess. Add-on developers can't deliver any more.

Yours sincerely

Bernard