The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic X 5.2a Communicator application error

MicahTheAviator

Hello,

I am trying to install MTX 5.2a so that I can install 5.3 which i just purchased as an upgrade. So i just recently installed FSX, now i am trying to install 5.2a and when it gets to the end of the cmd part of the installation i get an Application Error MyTraffic_Communicator.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application.

So I have tried this twice (uninstalled and rebooted inbetween) but it is still not working! I am running this on windows xp pro. I have service packs 1+2 installed on fsx.

Any suggestions on how to get this installed properly??

Thanks,

Micah

What operation system do you have installed? MyTraffic communicator needs .net 2.0 to be installed minimum, if you run XP maybe you do not have .net 2.0 installed?

Nevertheless, you can also use MyTraffic without the communicator, that just gives you more comfort.

You have to add a MyTraffic entry to your FSX.cfg file, the one you find under

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg . Edit this using Notepad ("Editor") Do never use Wordpad or any other more advanced editor for config files!

In there you will find a block

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

Add the line

SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft

behind these, unless you have another entry already that uses the .6 from another addon, then the line reads

SimObjectPaths.7=MyTraffic\Aircraft

and save the file. This is all the communicator is needed for in this moment. If you look into the operation manual, you will see that all other functions can also be invoked by a double click to a command procedure´, case your .net problems stay or you cannot update .net due to requirements of other programs.