The simFlight Network Forums
Dougal

Google Earth Help Needed AGAIN

Hi Guys

I know I'm fixed, but that link just gives me error: "[#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in. "

Hi Dougal,

you could find that download and also the message at the homepage of FSC here

Wonderful!

It works! I am absolutely amazed!

Thank you for the support, now I can enjoy FSC9 to the fullest!

Just one more question:

Is there any chance of letting GE follow the a/c position?

Greets,

Michael

Is there any chance of letting GE follow the a/c position?

Would be nice, but GE doesn't allow this. I know there is a freeware around, where the Google map follows the position, but this is not done with the GE client but with Google Maps. This kind of solution is not really satisfying, due to huge performance problems: to see all the navaids like NDBs, VORs, waypoints..... you have to work with layers and these layers have to be redrawn every time you move the aircraft. So it is really slow, :unsure: and btw. this software doesn't use actual navdata. ;)

Otto

Ok!

It was just out of curiosity. There is a freeware called Gmap from FSWidgets for FSX which uses GoogleMap as a moving map. And I thought that I might have miss a function or feature within GE which does something similiar. But as I finished my first flight yesterday with the updated FSC9 and working GE, I have to say that I am really amazed, I love it!

Thanks again for the support and a great product!

Greets,

Michael

Hi all,

I am one of the FSC9 owners who had problems with GE. This situation has been corrected and I for one appreciate the actions of Dougal and Michael among others to highlight the problems. My hat is off to Sascha & Volker and Kelvyn to find a solution to this problem in such a timely fashion.

Thanks again.

Rolf