The simFlight Network Forums
pilottj

Can't enter numbers into airport info search

Hey folks,

I have a small issue with the Airport Info search. I would like to find the runway length of some small airfields, ie O69 (Petaluma Municipal) but I am unable to type in numbers in the ICAO search box. Is this a known bug? I have the Aerosoft version if that makes a difference or not.

Cheers

TJ

Hey folks,

I have a small issue with the Airport Info search. I would like to find the runway length of some small airfields, ie O69 (Petaluma Municipal) but I am unable to type in numbers in the ICAO search box. Is this a known bug? I have the Aerosoft version if that makes a difference or not.

Cheers

TJ

Hi TJ,

it's aknown bug and will be fixed within the next version.

Meanwhile use the button "GO TO AIRPORT".

Regards,

Volker

I believe the other user might have been referring to the Airport - Information which is selected by choosing the left-most

menu icon.

Any attempt to search for an airport that is other than one starting with the standard full ICAO letters seems to stop;

for example, ID, MI, O, S all stop allowing entry once entered.

The only option I have now is to select the exact City to get what I want and that is a bit of a step backwards from the previous version.

There is a workaround you can use. It involves the first two icons on the toolbar.

Click the second icon - Airport Selection box opens

Using the example of O69 (that's the letter O) enter it into the top box on the right and hit enter on the keyboard

Two airports will appear in the box below - hightlight one of them and click select

The box will go

Now click the first icon on the toolbar and the airports will now be there.