The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC upgrade

Hello there

I am running FSX on two W7 computers.

I have FSUIPC and wideFS which l purchased last year before the upgrade. I am thinking of buying the lastest versions.

1. Is it just a matter of going into add/remove programs to un-install FSUIPC/Widefs.

2. After installing the new versions, will l have to reinstall my go-flight stuff or will it pick them up automatically?

Regards

Carl Vokes(bigcav)

I am running FSX on two W7 computers.

I have FSUIPC and wideFS which l purchased last year before the upgrade.

What upgrade? From FS9 to FSX, or some computer upgrade?

I am thinking of buying the lastest versions.

There are "latest versions" for both FS9 and before ("FSUIPC3" and "WiodeFS6") and for FSX and later ("FSUIPC4" and "WideFS7").

1. Is it just a matter of going into add/remove programs to un-install FSUIPC/Widefs.

No. If you changed from FS9 or before to FSX there's nothing to uninstall for FSX. And there's no uninstall process apart from removing the FSUIPC files as described in the User Guide in the (obscurely named?) section about uninstalling FSUIPC.

2. After installing the new versions, will l have to reinstall my go-flight stuff or will it pick them up automatically?

I think you need to explain what this "upgrade" is. If you already purchased FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 you NEVER have to purchase them again!

GoFlight "stuff" is nothing to do with FSUIPC but is to do with GoFlight. Just install their software. I don't control that company, it is separate and unrelated.

Pete

Hello Pete

thank you for the speedy reply

Sorry didnt explain myself very well.

I am running FSX gold on two computers. FSX on one and FSC on the other, linked by your very good program.

Last August 2009, l bought FSUIPC 4.53 and wideFS.

I am having a couple of minor problems with TrafficX and FSC.

I have been told that having the latest FSUIPC and wideFS might make a difference.

I was just wondering if l would have to re-install some of my add-ons and my Go-flight instruments?

And do l just un-install the old FSUIPC using add/remove programs in W7

Regards

Carl Vokes

I am running FSX gold on two computers. FSX on one and FSC on the other, linked by your very good program.

So FSX is only running on one PC, and you are using WideFS to link the two. Okay.

Last August 2009, l bought FSUIPC 4.53 and wideFS.

You don't "buy" 4.53, but FSUIPC4. Version 4.53 is now too old and unsupported. You need to update to 4.60, or go without support.

I was just wondering if l would have to re-install some of my add-ons and my Go-flight instruments?

Just to update to the currently supported version of FSUIPC? Of course not. FSUIPC doesn't touch any other products.

And do l just un-install the old FSUIPC using add/remove programs in W7

No. You cannot uninstall it that way in any case. If you don't want to use FSUIPC any more, just delete it from the Modules folder, as described in the User Guide. You are really thinking things are complex when they are really very simple!

To update FSUIPC just download the latest FSUIPC ZIP, for 4.60, and run the installer. It's a few seconds work, no more. If you like you can then copy on the very latest update from the Download Links subforum. We're up to version 4.628 there at present -- 4.633 or later next week!

There's also a more recent copy of WideClient available in the same subforum.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete

Followed yout instructions to the letter and everything ALMOST worked out fine.

Couldn't get WideFS to work. Instead of saying "wide server 1 connected" it was showing me a list of AI aircraft.

AI traffic is supplied by TrafficX.

I un-installed TrafficX and tried again and it connected up first time.

Re installed Traffic X and used their Traffic control centre and WideFS stopped working again.

Un-installed and re-installed TrafficX and used it without running traffic control centre and WideFs worked fine.

Did this several times, with the same results.

I am going to send a copy of this e-mail to Just Flight, who make TrafficX and see what they say.

Thought you might like to know, just incase sombody else has a simular problem.

Regards

Carl Vokes

Couldn't get WideFS to work. Instead of saying "wide server 1 connected" it was showing me a list of AI aircraft.

What was "showing a list of AI aircraft"? WideServer doesn't show anything at all, it runs in the background. At most, if you are running FS in Windowed mode, it would amend the FS Title bar to show "with WideServer: waiting for clients" or ""with WideServer: n connected". But if something else also amends the title bar, then it may not be able to. However, that doesn't stop it working, it is cosmetic.

I un-installed TrafficX and tried again and it connected up first time.

Re installed Traffic X and used their Traffic control centre and WideFS stopped working again.

TrafficX is in no way related to WideFS. How exactly are you detecting whether WideFS is "working" or not?

Why not paste here the WideServer and WideClient log files, which would be the first place to look to determine if there's a problem? I can't do anything for you with no information.

Pete

Hello Pete

Thanks for coming back to me so soon.

I do not think for one minute that WideFS is the problem. I am as sure as l can be that TrafficX control centre is the cause.

In answer to your questions.

What was "showing a list of AI aircraft"? .............On the bar next to where it says "add-ons"

See attached pete dowson 1

TrafficX is in no way related to WideFS. How exactly are you detecting whether WideFS is "working" or not?..............Because it has always displayed somthing either "with WideServer: waiting for clients" or ""with WideServer: n connected". And on the other computer wideclient is displaying "Waiting for connection" plus the fact that nothing starts to display on FSC.

Why not paste here the WideServer and WideClient log files, which would be the first place to look to determine if there's a problem? I can't do anything for you with no information....... Hopefully the two files are attached aswell.

Hope all this helps

Regards

Carl Vokes

P.S. Have tried to upload the two files WideServer and Wide client to this page but it says that "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file." Here is my e-mail address, perhaps l can send them to you from there.

carl-dee@platts65.freeserve.co.uk

post-11203-089896500 1290092677_thumb.pn

I am as sure as l can be that TrafficX control centre is the cause.

It may well be the cause off odd messages on screen, but I am at a loss to think how it could be preventing the WideServer part of FSUIPC4 from starting. That should start up a few seconds after you are ready to fly --- not straightway, but after not too many seconds.

In answer to your questions.

What was "showing a list of AI aircraft"? .............On the bar next to where it says "add-ons"

In the Menu bar! So, Traffic X is adding things to the Menu? Again I don't see any way that relates to WideServer.

Why not paste here the WideServer and WideClient log files, which would be the first place to look to determine if there's a problem? I can't do anything for you with no information....... Hopefully the two files are attached aswell.

No. Best to paste their contents into your message. You can enclose them with "code" parentheses to keep their format intact and make longer files scrollable. The "code" button is the one like <>.

P.S. Have tried to upload the two files WideServer and Wide client to this page but it says that "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file."

Not sure what the file attachment rules are here, but be sure you ARE talking about the WideServer.log and WideClient.log files.

They are simple text files in any case, so just use Notepad or similar to view them, select all and paste. It might be a good idea to include the FSUIPC4.log file too, please.

Could you possibly use a darker colour for your quoted test -- pale pink is difficult to read? Or, better, use the quotation parentheses (select the text and use the button which looks like a comic's speech bubble).

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete

Dont know how much of a help these will be.

WideFS.log and Wideclient log were took this morning and FSUIPC.log was taken tonight.

I have been running FSX most of the day with TrafficX t/c/c not active and everything has been ok.

If these are of no use,l can reinstate Traffic t/c/c again and run FSx for abit and re-copy the logs.

I can do this over the weekend and send them again on Monday.

anyway here goes

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.60a by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name="carl vokes"

User Addr="carl-dee@platts65.freeserve.co.uk"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=255

438 System time = 18/11/2010 14:12:56

453 FLT UNC path = "\\OWNER-PC\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

453 FS UNC path = "\\OWNER-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

922 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

922 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

4922 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

4922 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

4922 FSUIPC Menu entry added

4953 \\OWNER-PC\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\test set up 2 default.FLT

4953 \\OWNER-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Beech_King_Air_350\Beech_King_Air_350.AIR

130969 \\OWNER-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\ALPHA MV-22 Osprey\Osprey.AIR

130969 Weather Mode now = Real World

130984 \\OWNER-PC\Documents\flight simulator x files\v22vat ayres.FLT

171234 System time = 18/11/2010 14:15:47, Simulator time = 06:00:19 (22:00Z)

171250 Aircraft="ALPHA V-22 Osprey JASDF 50th anniversary"

175078 GoFlight GF166 detected: 1 device

175078 GoFlight GFMCP detected: 1 device

175078 GoFlight GF46 detected: 1 device

177047 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

215125 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 39 secs = 29.5 fps

15984891 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 15759 secs = 29.5 fps

15997594 \\OWNER-PC\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Previous flight.FLT

16018531 System time = 18/11/2010 18:39:54, Simulator time = 06:00:19 (22:00Z)

16018531 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 15799 secs = 29.5 fps

Memory managed: 7736 Allocs, 7735 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.60a] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 17/11/10, Time 17:53:26.547: Server name is OWNER-PC

16031 Initialising TCP/IP server

16031 Initialising IPX/SPX server

16031 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10044] Socket type not supported

16031 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

16031 Initialising UDP/IP server

18015 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

20625 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9628) TCP

20718 Connected to computer "FLIGHTSIM2" running WideClient version 6.780 (skt=9628) TCP

12011343 Error 10053: client socket disconnected at Client: removing (skt=9628) TCP

12050500 Close signalled to clients

12051609 Closing down now ...

Memory managed: Offset records: 5839 alloc, 5837 free

Read buffer usage: 14464 alloc, 14464 free, max in session: 1

Write buffer usage: 353725 alloc, 353725 free, max in session: 1

Throughput maximum achieved: 31 frames/sec, 3473 bytes/sec

Throughput average achieved for complete session: 14 frames/sec, 1099 bytes/sec

Average receive rate from "FLIGHTSIM2": 1 frames/sec, 37 bytes/sec

********* Log file closed *********

********* WideClient Log [version 6.78] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 17/11/10, Time 13:17:49.563: Client name is FLIGHTSIM2

219 Attempting to connect now

1233 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

1233 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

3276 Attempting to connect now

68500 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

984195 New Client Application: "FSC" (Id=620)

1322062 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

Hope these are the right ones

Regards

Carl Vokes

Dont know how much of a help these will be.

Not a lot, because the WideServer one was from a run where it was working. Obviously I'd need to see the log when it didn't, else there's little point.

I have been running FSX most of the day with TrafficX t/c/c not active and everything has been ok.

This is why there's no useful information in the logs.

Incidentally, the WideClient log is incomplete and shows no connection. it seems to be for a completely different time to the WideServer log.

If these are of no use,l can reinstate Traffic t/c/c again and run FSx for abit and re-copy the logs.

I can do this over the weekend and send them again on Monday.

anyway here goes

Okay. Thanks.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete

Here are the three files you wanted.

I can confirm that Wide client was not working.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.60a by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...

User Name="carl vokes"

User Addr="carl-dee@platts65.freeserve.co.uk"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WideFS7 Key is provided

Running inside FSX on Windows 7 (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=255

610 System time = 20/11/2010 16:23:05

625 FLT UNC path = "\\OWNER-PC\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

625 FS UNC path = "\\OWNER-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1125 LogOptions=00000000 00000001

1125 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

8422 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

8422 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

8422 FSUIPC Menu entry added

8485 \\OWNER-PC\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\test set up 2 default.FLT

8485 \\OWNER-PC\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Beech_King_Air_350\Beech_King_Air_350.AIR

323453 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 115 secs = 29.8 fps

331438 System time = 20/11/2010 16:28:36

331438 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Average frame rate for running time of 115 secs = 29.8 fps

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

219 Attempting to connect now

1233 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

1233 Failed to connect: waiting to try again

3276 Attempting to connect now

68500 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

984195 New Client Application: "FSC" (Id=620)

1322062 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

Date (dmy): 20/11/10, Time 15:50:11.668: Server name is OWNER-PC

15438 Initialising TCP/IP server

15453 Initialising IPX/SPX server

15453 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10044] Socket type not supported

15453 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

15453 Initialising UDP/IP server

16063 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

16657 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9092) TCP

17032 Connected to computer "FLIGHTSIM2" running WideClient version 6.780 (skt=9092) TCP

63750 Close signalled to clients

64860 Closing down now ...

Memory managed: Offset records: 40 alloc, 38 free

Read buffer usage: 21 alloc, 21 free, max in session: 1

Write buffer usage: 1057 alloc, 1057 free, max in session: 1

Throughput maximum achieved: 30 frames/sec, 754 bytes/sec

Throughput average achieved for complete session: 8 frames/sec, 202 bytes/sec

Average receive rate from "FLIGHTSIM2": 0 frames/sec, 16 bytes/sec

********* Log file closed *********

Hope these are more help than the last lot l sent you

Regards

Carl

I can confirm that Wide client was not working.

I thought the problem was that the Server didn't appear to start? It's the log of that I really need to see.

In this batch of files you have a WideClient session running on the 17th which, as you say, did not connect -- at least in the time before you grabbed the log. Unfortunately you didn't close WideClient beforehand, so it isn't complete.

But, and here's the problem and why I'm not getting anything useful, the WideServer log is from the 20th, not the 17th like the WideClient log, and most certainly does show a successful connection:

Date (dmy): 20/11/10, Time 15:50:11.668: Server name is OWNER-PC

17032 Connected to computer "FLIGHTSIM2" running WideClient version 6.780 (skt=9092) TCP

Throughput maximum achieved: 30 frames/sec, 754 bytes/sec

Throughput average achieved for complete session: 8 frames/sec, 202 bytes/sec

So, still no progress I'm afraid. :-(

Regards

Pete

Well thats odd. All three logs were taken within a couple of minutes of each other.

Perhaps you are picking up the wrong file, or in the wrong folder? Check the date/time on the file, in Explorer, before picking them. There may also be older copies of the log with a "0" appended, like "wideclient0.log". But those would be properly finished, not like the WideClient log you showed.

Maybe, if WideServer isn't getting started, it isn't creating a log either, and so you are never finding one which is applicable. If so this is a clue in itself. WideServer only starts when FSUIPC knows for sure that FSX is "ready to fly". For that to happen SimConnect has to have sent certain events to FSUIPC.

Could you please set FSUIPC to do some extra logging. This should show me what is happening, assuming it is never "ready to fly". In the FSUIPC4.INI file add the follwing to the [General] section:

Debug=Please

LogExtras=1025

This will Log a huge amount of stuff, so just run FSX long enough to be sure WideServer isn't going to start. Then Zip the FSUIPC4 log (only -- don't bother with the others) and send to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Thanks!

Don't forget to remove those lines afterwards or you'll get really huge log files being produced!

Regards

Pete

Could you please set FSUIPC to do some extra logging. This should show me what is happening, assuming it is never "ready to fly".

Okay. I don't know what TrafficX is doing, but it seems top clobber SimConnect good and proper. Maybe it is just a clash of two heavy Simconnect users trying to do things at the same time. But it's horrible, whatever.

The problem is much more than the simple thing of WideFS not getting started. FSUIPC is not getting wads of data that it needs. It could affect all sorts of FSUIPC client applications.

I think I need a little more information. Remove those lines in the FSUIPC4.INI file, but please get me a SimConnect log. See the FAQ subforum here -- there's a thread which shows you how to do that. Again, just run things up to the point you are sure WideServer won't start, then Zip the resulting SimConnect log file and email it to me, please.

One more thing. Do you think you could find the DLL.XML file and paste it here, please? It's in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file.

Thanks,

Pete

Me again

Sorry Pete

Must have my stupid head on. Tried to follow the instructions in FAG but

dont understand most of them.

Whats

where you need to replace the "" by your particular path for the main FSX folder,
mean. And have tried to create a file called Simconnect.ini, but it appears l already have one.

Regards

Carl

Have typed in the search box DLL.XML and FSX.CFG

You've probably got the options to to avoid system and hidden files and folders.

No luck. Can you give me a path to them please?

Not directly. It depends on your operating system, your logged in name and the way you installed FSX. But if you can locate the FSUIPC4 Install log in the FSX Modules folder, look in there. It tells you where it found FSX.CFG.

Whatswhere you need to replace the "" by your particular path for the main FSX folder mean.

You know the path to your FSX folder? If not take a look to see where it was installed. If you know it, put it into the file where it says -- that's what "replace" means -- change one thing for another. I don't know how else to express it. Like changing the t in "Pete" to an 'r'' making "Pere". See -- replace?

And have tried to create a file called Simconnect.ini, but it appears l already have one.

In that case just check that it does the same as the one I ask for and if not replace it or edit it to do so.

Pete

Hello Pete

Here is the XML.DLL log you asked for. It say that the last time is was modified was 17/11/10. Dont know if it is of any help. Am trying to work out the simconnect thing. Will post it asap.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>AFXModule</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\AFX Demo\AFXModuleFSX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Regards

Carl

Here is the XML.DLL log you asked for.

It isn't a log. It's the file which tells SimConnect what modules to load.

Apart from FSUIPC4 the only thing it's loading is VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll, which is okay. How is your TrafficX thing loaded? Is it an external program, and EXE? I thought the only Traffic program which injected FSX traffic "on the fly" was Ultimate Traffic. Most traffic programs produce compiled BGL files and don't run anything when FSX is running. Isn't TrafficX like that?

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete

I probably wont explain this very well, but here goes.

TrafficX sits inside the FSX program. Once you have installed it, it fires up automatically when you open FSX.

There is a program within TrafficX called "Traffic control centre" , which you are supposed to run after first installing TrafficX so it can pick up the airfield and aircraft cfgs and create the flight plans. But it seems to do that anyway without running TCC.

However..

During the course of running TCC there is a section called "Traffic movements" where you get it to "compile trafficx flight plans" It asks you were you want them stored. In the instrctions that come with it, it says to put them in and over-write the trafficX.bgl file.

Once you have done everything its asks, unless you want to add/remove somthing, i.e. aircraft, airfield, flight plan etc, you dont need to run it again.

The problem l am having only occures after l run the TCC.

Thinking back, TrafficX hasn't run quite right since l moved on to Windows 7. It ran ok in Vista.

Dont know if any of this helps

Regards

Carl

TrafficX sits inside the FSX program. Once you have installed it, it fires up automatically when you open FSX.

Right. That's the normal way -- it'll have replaced the FSX Traffic BGL files with its own. There;ll be no program involved in its running, only the normal FSX mechanisms.

There is a program within TrafficX called "Traffic control centre" , which you are supposed to run after first installing TrafficX so it can pick up the airfield and aircraft cfgs and create the flight plans. But it seems to do that anyway without running TCC.

Right. That's the program which generates those BGLs so that the traffic matches the scenery you actually have installed.

However..

During the course of running TCC there is a section called "Traffic movements" where you get it to "compile trafficx flight plans" It asks you were you want them stored. In the instrctions that come with it, it says to put them in and over-write the trafficX.bgl file.

Once you have done everything its asks, unless you want to add/remove somthing, i.e. aircraft, airfield, flight plan etc, you dont need to run it again.

Yes, part of the same process really.

Everything you say so far is similar to the other traffic packages -- I use 'MyTrafficX' which is similar.

The problem l am having only occures after l run the TCC.

But TCC isn't running when you are running FSX, right? So how is the problem so persistent? Surely you are re-running TCC every time you run FSX?

Thinking back, TrafficX hasn't run quite right since l moved on to Windows 7. It ran ok in Vista.

There's really not enough difference between the two operating systems to affect any of this. Maybe something else in the way the system is set up, but not the operating system itself.

Dont know if any of this helps

It really doesn't explain what is going on in SimConnect which causes all those problems shown in the FSUIPC log file. This is why I realy do need a SimConnect log.

Have got the simconnect. log sort of working.

It comes up and scrolls on the desktop next to fsx in window mode but is not sending the data to a file anywhere. Not even the modules one.

You've got the SimConnect INI file completely wrong then. Why not simply use the one from the FAQ I pointed you to, and change the path to point to wherever you want the log to go to? It doesn't have to go to the Modules folder if that's too complicated for you to work out. If it said C:\SimConnect%01u.log then it would just go to the root of the C: drive. Put it where you like.

To produce a console log (which is no use to you) you must have the Console parameter wrong. Here's a typical SimConnect INI file:

[SimConnect]
level=Verbose
console=No
OutputDebugString=No
file=D:\FSX\Modules\SimConnect%01u.Log
file_max_index=9

See where it says "Console=No"? DON'T CHANGE THAT TO A YES!

Where it says File=.... just set that to any piace you want. It doesn't matter as long as YOU can find it afterwards! I just happen to like keeping Logs together, so mine goes to the FSX Modules folder -- my FSX is in the folder D:\FSX., so it's easy.

There's nothing complicated about that file. It's just a list of parameters telling SimConnect what to do! Just use the parameters as listed for you!

Pete

There's nothing complicated about that file. It's just a list of parameters telling SimConnect what to do! Just use the parameters as listed for you!

Ouch! I've just had a look at the FAQ post about SimConnect logging and I think I see what was confusing you. This damned new Forum software has messed up the file, making, in particular, the "File=" line in the example INI file all wrong. That makes the sentence about "" also all wrong. Sorry. These threads and posts were transferred by SimFlight en bulk to this new software and it seems much of the erstwhile intelligent formatting has gone completely belly-up.

I've adjusted that particular post to read better, after some trial and error. Please, if you see anything else thast no longer makes sense, do just ask me to look at it and check if there's another formatting foul-up!

Regards

Pete

Have got the simconnect. log sort of working.

Got it via email. Thanks.

I see now why you got in a mess with the SimConnect.INI, and how you ended up with an odd name like "moduleSimconnect ... for the filename -- the Forum left characters out of the FAQ post!

The log shows a lot more Simconnect stuff running than shown in the DL.XML file you found. Are you sure there was no EXE.XML file? These are the SimConnect clients running (in the order they start up):

Saitek FSX Plugin

VimaCoreX

Saitek DirectOutput Radiostack

FSUIPC

AFXModuleFSX

That last is from a scenery designer, isn't it? Airport Facilities Designer?

There's no sign of your traffic thing here. Was this SimConnect log one taken during a session where WideServer didn't start?

It looks like there's simply too much AI Traffic data being requested for SimConnect to supply information on them all, then things get messy. I think Simconnect has a limit of 1000 requests. I currently need 2 per AI aircraft, and there are about 540 AI aircraft being generated by your Trafficx in the first 4 seconds!

I don't know what I can do about that. I'm thinking. I've not met it before -- none of the other traffic programs generate over 500 aircraft withing the current "reality bubble".

Regards

Pete