The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC upgrade

Hello Pete

Glad you sorted the FAQ out. Thought it was me being thicker than l usually am.

Sent you the simconnect0 file to your e-mail. Hope you got it?

Have sorted out where the simconnect logging files are kept so l can get at them when ever you want. Will save a copy of each if need be.

Regards

Carl

Sent you the simconnect0 file to your e-mail. Hope you got it?

Got it, analysed it, replied -- see previous message to the one you just posted.

I just don't understand why any of this is anything to do with this "TCC". Whendo you run it and why, except after adding new scenery?

Pete

Hello Pete

Bet your thinking "Oh no not him again"

I just don't understand why any of this is anything to do with this "TCC". Whendo you run it and why, except after adding new scenery?

I do only ever run it if l add an aircraft or airfield, but when l first had trouble with WideFS not starting, l had those aircraft i.d. across the tool bar, so l un-installed TrafficX to see if it would clear the Widefs connection problem up. IT DID.

I then re-installed it and ran the TCC to set it up again. Problem returned. Un-installed it and then re-installed it, but without running TCC. No problem.

I dont runTCC evrytime. No point.

Are you sure there was no EXE.XML file?

Dont know if it the same one, but found exe.xml(not EXE.XML) in the same folder as the FSX.cfg file. It say that it was last modified on the 13/11/2010.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>Real Environment Xtreme - Weather Engine 2</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme 2.0\rexwxengine2.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe</Path>

<CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>GoFlight Hardware Interface</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe</Path>

<CommandLine />

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanelsFS9.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>Saitek DirectOutput RadioStack</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

That last is from a scenery designer, isn't it? Airport Facilities Designer?

Dont know how that was installed but it has been un-installed now!

Was this SimConnect log one taken during a session where WideServer didn't start?

Yes

If its a toss up between TrafficX going out the window and WideFS, then its good-bye TrafficX and hello some other AI traffic program. Any suggestions?

Regards

Carl

Bet your thinking "Oh no not him again"

No, not at all. This is an intriguing problem and I'd like to get it resolved. You don't want me having sleepless nights, now, do you? :-)

I do only ever run it if l add an aircraft or airfield, but when l first had trouble with WideFS not starting, l had those aircraft i.d. across the tool bar, so l un-installed TrafficX to see if it would clear the Widefs connection problem up. IT DID.

I then re-installed it and ran the TCC to set it up again. Problem returned. Un-installed it and then re-installed it, but without running TCC. No problem.

I dont runTCC evrytime. No point.

Right. So does the "WideFS problem" only occur after you've run tCC, but then not when you reload FSX, or does it occur every time after you've run TCC until you re-install TrafficX?

If the latter, then I think I know what is happening. Your start-up flight is in an area which is dense in terms of busy airports, or has some large airport add-on, for which TCC is generating a HUGE amount of traffic -- well over 500 aircraft, right off the bat! I suspect if your start-up location was elsewhere it wouldn't be a problem.

Dont know if it the same one, but found exe.xml(not EXE.XML) in the same folder as the FSX.cfg file. It say that it was last modified on the 13/11/2010.

Yes. That's loading REX weather engine -- which didn't seem to get a lookin in the period logged -- plus others. Here's the list:

Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX

GoFlight Hardware Interface

Saitek Panel(s) Plugin for FSX

Saitek DirectOutput RadioStack

Seems to want to load the Saitek panel plugin twice.

Dont know how that was installed but it has been un-installed now!

That'll stop those things above running automatically. Is that what you want?

You'd needn't make any changes to either DLL or EXE XML files -- now I've discovered what is going on, neither of them are the problem.

I'm putting together a test build of FSUIPC4 for you to try for me. I've modified it to, hopefully, allow up to 1000 AI aircraft.

Later ...

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete

Two things

1. Dont know why its trying to start REX2. It was un-installed last August!

2. l think you might have cracked it..... I set up a flight from SAWB, thats in the Antartic, so, no traffic. Didnt touch any of the traffic sliders.

Pressed 'fly now' and WHAM.. WideFS kicked in within 10 seconds.

How about that!!

Regards

Carl

1. Dont know why its trying to start REX2. It was un-installed last August!

Its un-installer obviously forgot about the EXE.XML entry!

2. l think you might have cracked it..... I set up a flight from SAWB, thats in the Antartic, so, no traffic. Didnt touch any of the traffic sliders.

Pressed 'fly now' and WHAM.. WideFS kicked in within 10 seconds.

How about that!!

Glad I worked it out right -- though you shouldn't have gone to that extreme. Now, even if you fly back to the place you originally started out at it should be okay, because the traffic will be added more gradually and SimConnect should cope with the requests FSUIPC is making. Where was that, by the way, and were there large add-on airports there?

Meanwhile, however, as a test, could you revert to the original start-up place, after installing this test version of FSUIPC4:

FSUIPC 4635. This should be okay up to twice as many aircraft. It only asks SimConnect for one (larger) batch of data for each instead of two smaller. If it still fails then SimConnect just isn't going to cope and all I can do is put a stop to reading AI traffic when I get the first few error responses.

Now, there was a reason it was implemented as two separate chunks -- because SimConnect gave errors if asked for AI only values with the ID referring to the user aircraft. Now normally that wouldn't happen but I think when changing to mission mode -- or maybe it's multiplayer, I don't recall -- and/or back again, the User Aircraft ID changes and it gets notified in the same way as an AI aircraft. Very annoying.

With this version, if that's still a problem with the later versions of SimConnect, there could be errors logged when that data is requested. Hopefully not, but I don't know how to repro the condition at present. More research might be needed to see if I can let this change go live for all.

Let's see if it fixes the original problem, first.

BTW you might want to keep the TrafficX crew updated as to our findings, to let them know it isn't anything specific to TrafficX, just to do with airport and traffic density settings.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete

"Oh no its him again"

Now, even if you fly back to the place you originally started out at it should be okay, because the traffic will be added more gradually and SimConnect should cope with the requests FSUIPC is making. Where was that, by the way, and were there large add-on airports there?

Have installed the update and have tried flying from various airfields with various levels of traffic. WideFs kicks in every time. The airfield l use as adefault is KEDW Edwards Airfield. Middle of the desert, but the airfield itself is quite detailed and l do have most things turned up.

Its un-installer obviously forgot about the EXE.XML entry!

Is there anything l can do to get rid of it or am l thinking above my brain level?

BTW you might want to keep the TrafficX crew updated as to our findings, to let them know it isn't anything specific to TrafficX, just to do with airport and traffic density settings.

Pointed them to your forum and had the following two replies:

Hi Carl

Thank you for the information on the forum, I have forwarded your last email onto developer who should be able to provide more insight into the compatibility between WideFS and Traffic X. I will get back to you shortly.

Hi Carl

I had received the following from the developer of Traffic X;

‘Hi Sam,

‘If l just install TrafficX, without running TCC everything works fine. ‘

so the only solution it seems would be to not use the TCC, Where I still don't understand how the TCC should cause a problem. It's compiling a traffic database - that's all... it doesn't interfere with FS in any way.

I must admit I'm a bit lost here...

Cheers

Wolfgang’

So thats it really. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I know somtimes you must have thought you were dealing with a complete idiot. Well lm not complete yet, but l'm working on it.

Thanks again

Regards

Carl

Have installed the update and have tried flying from various airfields with various levels of traffic. WideFs kicks in every time. The airfield l use as adefault is KEDW Edwards Airfield. Middle of the desert, but the airfield itself is quite detailed and l do have most things turned up.

Hmmm. Over 500 aircraft being generated for such a location? Sounds a bit odd. But I'm glad the fix works.

Is there anything l can do to get rid of it or am l thinking above my brain level?

EXE's or DLL's being loaded automatically that you don't want can be stopped by removing the relevant section from the EXE.XML or DLL.XML files. In this case, your EXE.XML file was as shown below. Just remove the RED section to stop REX2 weather engine loading, or trying to (it probably fails if you uninstalled it):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>Real Environment Xtreme - Weather Engine 2</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Environment Xtreme 2.0\rexwxengine2.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>GoFlight Hardware Interface</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDevFSX.exe</Path>

<CommandLine />

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanelsFS9.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

- <Launch.Addon>

<Name>Saitek DirectOutput RadioStack</Name>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\DirectOutput\SaiFlightSimX.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Be sure to use a plain text editor, like NotePad to do this. Do NOT use WordPad or any word processor.

Regards

Pete