The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with Vertical Speed control

Hello, I'm using FS2002

I'm building my onw hardware, interfacing it with FSUIPC. Everything is working as planned except the Vertical Speed control. I'm writing the value to the DLL but the FS2002 is trying to write it down with a different value when the altitud is on hold on the Auto Pilot. Is there any trick to detect when the airplane got to the desired altitud and reset the Vertical Speed value in my hardware?

Thanks

I'm building my onw hardware, interfacing it with FSUIPC. Everything is working as planned except the Vertical Speed control. I'm writing the value to the DLL but the FS2002 is trying to write it down with a different value when the altitud is on hold on the Auto Pilot. Is there any trick to detect when the airplane got to the desired altitud and reset the Vertical Speed value in my hardware?

I don't think FS actually has a V/S mode which operates on its own. You have to set altitude hold mode and then the target altitude value. FS will automatically then set the V/S to its default for the particular aircraft (e.g. 1800 fpm for the 737). You can alter the V/S then to control the rate, in order to control the speed for instance.

When the aircraft gets near to the target altitude FS automatically reduces the V/S and zeroes it to settle at the target.

Whilst there is a switch called "V/S Hold" in the interface I don't recall it ever actually working without Alt hold and a target altitude also being set.

Regards,

Pete