The simFlight Network Forums

Dual Use of FSUIPC

Hi Pete

I have a favour to ask. This forum does not seem to be the right medium to do this, but I could find no way of e-mailing you or private messaging.

I run a FlightSim Club at the West Vancouver Seniors Centre - we have about 15 members (mostly grey-hairs), many of whom are ex-pilots, including some WW2, and we meet monthly.

I would like your permission to install my purchased copy of your FSUIPC4 for FSX, onto the Instructors machine at the Centre. The Instructor's machine is on a trolley and comes with a projector. We use this machine for teaching and demonstration purposes, and this is what I use for the FlightSim Club.

I should also point out that the Instructor's machine is used for presentations at the West Vancouver Seniors Centre Computer Club (http://www.wvsc.cc/). This has about 60 members, and 20 to 30 turn out for each meeting, twice a month! My executable file and registration code would not be left on this machine. The machine is Administrator protected with very few people knowledgeable of the password.

I seek your permission to have my software loaded on two machines, viz: mine at home (as at present) and the Instructor's machine at the Centre. There is no justification for the Centre to purchase this software since we can operate without it. But it would be a lot nicer having this flexibility and it would also provide promotional exposure.

sincerely

Nigel Grant

I seek your permission to have my software loaded on two machines, viz: mine at home (as at present) and the Instructor's machine at the Centre. There is no justification for the Centre to purchase this software since we can operate without it. But it would be a lot nicer having this flexibility and it would also provide promotional exposure.

Providing it isn't used in any money-earning role, and it is your own good self using it for demonstrations and explanations, that's fine. It would be like anyone have people round to their house to see things and have them explained.

The FSUIPC registration scheme is intended to allow you, the purchaser, to user it as you like, on your PCs, or on any PC's, but for your use only. In other words, it is associated with you, not the machine. This is different from many licenses.

Regards

Pete