The simFlight Network Forums

Remove airlines, and add airlines to an airport.

wallnerfe

I'm trying to eliminate certain airlines that do not fly into a particular airport, Kahului (PHOG, and have airlines that do service this airport frequent it. Reading the My Traffic X 5.3 Editor Manual under section 12, it appears that this is a very simple operation. However, following the instructions under Airline, Preferences, add preference entry, selecting the airport and airline, and then checking "forbidden", no changes appear in FSX. When I try and add an airline to frequent this airport, using the same method, also, no changes take place in FSX. I have reread the manual and searched for similar issues in this forum, but have come up short. I'm sure I'm doing or missing something in the process to get these changes to take effect. I'm wondering if I have to do some sort of saving or compiling of the database. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm trying to eliminate certain airlines that do not fly into a particular airport, Kahului (PHOG, and have airlines that do service this airport frequent it. Reading the My Traffic X 5.3 Editor Manual under section 12, it appears that this is a very simple operation. However, following the instructions under Airline, Preferences, add preference entry, selecting the airport and airline, and then checking "forbidden", no changes appear in FSX. When I try and add an airline to frequent this airport, using the same method, also, no changes take place in FSX. I have reread the manual and searched for similar issues in this forum, but have come up short. I'm sure I'm doing or missing something in the process to get these changes to take effect. I'm wondering if I have to do some sort of saving or compiling of the database. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Do you run a complete "Create schedules, files and traffic" after these changes? Also, these settings only work for any autoscheduling, not for the real world data based flights in MyTraffic.

This said, if you share what should not be and what should be with us, it would help to make the product still better.

Thanks for your reply Burkhard, and please do not consider my first message to be a complaint or criticism or anything like that. Your product is an outstanding addition to my FSX flight simulation experience!

No, I did not run complete "Create schedules, and files and traffic". Much of my flying is done out of, Kahului, Hawaii (PHOG). I noticed that small US commuter aircraft from US Airways, Continental Express, Midwest Connection are flying into this airport. Since these limited range commuter planes do not fly to Kahului, I would like to eliminate these airlines from this airport. Also, Hawaiian Airlines does not seem to be making any stops at Kahului and actually are scheduled to make stops there in real life. I have tried various times of the day and week to see if any Hawaiian flights are landing, but so far none. It certainly would be great to be able to include Hawaiian Airlines flights to this airport. As a further observation, I noticed when flying into Honolulu International Airport, several large US military aircraft, C5s, are parked interspersed with the commercial flights and are using the boarding ramps. It would be nice to be able to remove these aircraft, at least from the commercial area.

To be honest, I have just started reading the comprehensive My Traffic X Editor Manual and must admit, I have only scratched the surface. I am sure with more reading and experimentation, I will begin to master the features in My Traffic X and understand many of the capabilities within the product.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Thanks for your reply Burkhard, and please do not consider my first message to be a complaint or criticism or anything like that. Your product is an outstanding addition to my FSX flight simulation experience!

No, I did not run complete "Create schedules, and files and traffic". Much of my flying is done out of, Kahului, Hawaii (PHOG). I noticed that small US commuter aircraft from US Airways, Continental Express, Midwest Connection are flying into this airport. Since these limited range commuter planes do not fly to Kahului, I would like to eliminate these airlines from this airport. Also, Hawaiian Airlines does not seem to be making any stops at Kahului and actually are scheduled to make stops there in real life. I have tried various times of the day and week to see if any Hawaiian flights are landing, but so far none. It certainly would be great to be able to include Hawaiian Airlines flights to this airport. As a further observation, I noticed when flying into Honolulu International Airport, several large US military aircraft, C5s, are parked interspersed with the commercial flights and are using the boarding ramps. It would be nice to be able to remove these aircraft, at least from the commercial area.

To be honest, I have just started reading the comprehensive My Traffic X Editor Manual and must admit, I have only scratched the surface. I am sure with more reading and experimentation, I will begin to master the features in My Traffic X and understand many of the capabilities within the product.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Without experimenting myself, just a reduction of traffic density should remove the military cargo from the civil side. Which aircraft is HAL using into PHOG?

Also, Hawaiian Airlines does not seem to be making any stops at Kahului and actually are scheduled to make stops there in real life. I have tried various times of the day and week to see if any Hawaiian flights are landing, but so far none.

It's easy to use the editor to check flights at an airport. With the editor and .myt data file loaded click the next to last button on the right (Departure Time Table). In the box that opens click once in the left panel and type the airport ICAO your interested in, eg. PHOG, then click the Time Table button to get a list of all departure flights.

BTW, Hawaiian Airlines is programmed daily from PHOG.

Mike

It's easy to use the editor to check flights at an airport. With the editor and .myt data file loaded click the next to last button on the right (Departure Time Table). In the box that opens click once in the left panel and type the airport ICAO your interested in, eg. PHOG, then click the Time Table button to get a list of all departure flights.

BTW, Hawaiian Airlines is programmed daily from PHOG.

Mike

At least in 5.3a, Hawain flies twice daily to Portland, Seattle and Las Vegas using B763. Can it be it is a very quiet airport, with about 30 VFR movements daily only + some GA activity?

Thanks mgbmike for your help. After checking out the Departure Time Table, I was amazed to see the huge amount of daily departures from PHOG. I noticed the "forbidden" and "delete" button that is available. If I use either button, will I remove or forbid that particular flight from PHOG? If that is the case, it would be easy to eliminate those flights using the smaller commuter aircraft. What about flights arriving? Just don't know if is that easy! Also, I plan on adding Hawaiian Airlines as a hub for that airport. Hopefully that will bring more daily flights into PHOG. Any other suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks mgbmike for your help. After checking out the Departure Time Table, I was amazed to see the huge amount of daily departures from PHOG. I noticed the "forbidden" and "delete" button that is available. If I use either button, will I remove or forbid that particular flight from PHOG? If that is the case, it would be easy to eliminate those flights using the smaller commuter aircraft. What about flights arriving? Just don't know if is that easy! Also, I plan on adding Hawaiian Airlines as a hub for that airport. Hopefully that will bring more daily flights into PHOG. Any other suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

The vast majority of aircraft in MT53 at PHOG are autmatically created, only few real world data. If you press "forbidden", this will forbid the airline to come to that airport after the next autoschedule, which is what you want I assume. Pressing "delete" will remove a single flight plan, which can mean several flight, since a flightplan typically is a 24 hour operation of several landings and departures.

Yes Burkhard, there are a number of airlines that I would like "forbidden" from coming into PHOG. I am assuming that if I go down the departure time table and check "forbidden" or "delete", and then run an auto schedule, those flights will no longer arrive from that airline, or at least, that particular aircraft connected to that flight number. I'm not so sure I want to delete anything yet. I did make a backup copy of the original MTX_V53.myt file for safe keeping. That way if I make some changes and mess things up, I can always revert back to the original and start over. One thing I do know is that I have to read, read, and read more MyTraffic X and MyTraffic X Editor Manual. There is tons to learn and play with. Thanks again for your help.

Yes Burkhard, there are a number of airlines that I would like "forbidden" from coming into PHOG. I am assuming that if I go down the departure time table and check "forbidden" or "delete", and then run an auto schedule, those flights will no longer arrive from that airline, or at least, that particular aircraft connected to that flight number. I'm not so sure I want to delete anything yet. I did make a backup copy of the original MTX_V53.myt file for safe keeping. That way if I make some changes and mess things up, I can always revert back to the original and start over. One thing I do know is that I have to read, read, and read more MyTraffic X and MyTraffic X Editor Manual. There is tons to learn and play with. Thanks again for your help.

Yes, there are tons of experiments possible...