The simFlight Network Forums

Hello All,

Here are the steps to follow to allow GE to automatically follow your plane positions:

1. In FSC9 ensure you have the "Show Position in Google Earth" selected. This will start GE automatically and show your initial position.

2. Switch to GE and look on the "Left" pane under "Places" and right click "FSCommander" under "Temporary Places" and select "Properties"... screen shot below:

3. Go to the "Refresh" tab and select "Fly to View on Refresh"... screen shot below:

That's it!!! Now when you start flying you'll be able to see that GE follows you.

FYI... don't bother about changing the "Style, color" tab and "Altitude" tab as they are defaults set by FSC9 when the KML file is updated to show the updated Aircraft position and therefore it will get set back to the "default" values.

Volker & Sascha... don't mind if you guys do a bit of tweaking and pin the post if needed to help others.

Enjoy!!!

UPDATE 01-30-11:

I've been able to "force" GE to give me a higher altitude (10miles to 15 miles) by sizing the GE window to encompass a lesser real state on my monitor. I size my GE window to be 7 inches by 7 inches. Hopefully this little temporary work around works for you... but I've seen that it sometimes switches back to the 3K foot view and then eventually back, but better than nothing. Just in case I use GE v6.

GE1.png

GE2.png

• Upvote 1

Hello All,

Here are the steps to follow to allow GE to automatically follow your plane positions:

1. In FSC9 ensure you have the "Show Position in Google Earth" selected. This will start GE automatically and show your initial position.

2. Switch to GE and look on the "Left" pane under "Places" and right click "FSCommander" under "Temporary Places" and select "Properties"... screen shot below:

3. Go to the "Refresh" tab and select "Fly to View on Refresh"... screen shot below:

That's it!!! Now when you start flying you'll be able to see that GE follows you.

FYI... don't bother about changing the "Style, color" tab and "Altitude" tab as they are defaults set by FSC9 when the KML file is updated to show the updated Aircraft position and therefore it will get set back to the "default" values.

Volker & Sascha... don't mind if you guys do a bit of tweaking and pin the post if needed to help others.

Enjoy!!!

Hi Kelvyn,

Thanks for the hint. There are so many interesting settings in GE, especially when playing the recorded flight.

Regards,

Volker

That's great Kelvyn - thanks for that. Now all I need is to find how to keep at a reasonable altitude as it is panning too close to the ground for my liking. So if anyone can help me with that it would be appreciated.

I also appreciate your fix to allow GE to follow. My preference would be to have it follow at a higher altitude.

I have tried various settings including Altitude but as was suggested it did not work.

My problem is that I can not get back to the previous version even if I untick the follow option.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rolf

I also appreciate your fix to allow GE to follow. My preference would be to have it follow at a higher altitude.

I have tried various settings including Altitude but as was suggested it did not work.

My problem is that I can not get back to the previous version even if I untick the follow option.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rolf

Rolf,

Not sure what you mean by "can not get back to the previous version...". I would say, why not close GE and reopen it through FSCommander to restore any previous views!!!.

Sweeeeet! It works. Thanks.

I just need to play with the altitude. It would be nice if we could automate it with "+" and "-" buttons (GPS style...)

so to change the altitude while flying without going inside the GE settings.

Hello All.

I am having a few teething problems at the mo with GE. I am using v6.0.1.2032 (Beta)is this the correct version? also I cannot get 'Show position in GE' to highlight so I'm unable to click on it. I have gone into FSC9 Window, options, online and given the path to google but notice the 'dot' disappears back to Teamspeak when I close it down.

Any help really appreciated.

Jim.

Hello All.

I am having a few teething problems at the mo with GE. I am using v6.0.1.2032 (Beta)is this the correct version? also I cannot get 'Show position in GE' to highlight so I'm unable to click on it. I have gone into FSC9 Window, options, online and given the path to google but notice the 'dot' disappears back to Teamspeak when I close it down.

Any help really appreciated.

Jim.

Hi Jim,

would you post a screenshot of your problem here?

Volker

btw. you can use v6.0.1.2032 (Beta)

Hi Jim,

would you post a screenshot of your problem here?

Volker

btw. you can use v6.0.1.2032 (Beta)

Hello Volker. Thanks for the prompt reply. Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a real oldie and know nothing about computers and even less about software!! Could you please explain to me how to take a screenshot ( I've always wanted to know that) and could you tell me just one more answer, when I fill in the F/Plan with aircraft in FSC should that take me to that aircraft and directly to the named airport or do you still do that in FSX?

Many thanks and sorry to be a bother,

Jim.

Hello Volker. Thanks for the prompt reply. Please excuse my ignorance as I'm a real oldie and know nothing about computers and even less about software!! Could you please explain to me how to take a screenshot ( I've always wanted to know that) and could you tell me just one more answer, when I fill in the F/Plan with aircraft in FSC should that take me to that aircraft and directly to the named airport or do you still do that in FSX?

Many thanks and sorry to be a bother,

Jim.

Hi Jim,

please contact me via e-mail. My e-mail address you'll find at the bottom of our homepage. http://fscommander.com/

The answer to your questions here would be too difficult because the sense of this review here deals exclusively with GoogleEarth.

Regards,

Volker