The simFlight Network Forums

new to FSUIPC

Hi forum,

I just installed FSUIPC, version 4, and registered it. I carefully went through the guide pages, and tried to choose an assignment for a button of my Saitek Quadrant. I tried under the "Buttons and Switches" tab; I clicked a button from the quadrant, but nothing happened. Is it normal? I am afraid the guide is not that clear to me, so maybe I am doing it the wrong way. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks in advance

Enrico

I just installed FSUIPC, version 4

Version 4.60? If earlier, please update it with the currently supported version.

... and registered it. I carefully went through the guide pages, and tried to choose an assignment for a button of my Saitek Quadrant. I tried under the "Buttons and Switches" tab; I clicked a button from the quadrant, but nothing happened. Is it normal?

Not normal unless the Saitek software is diverting the use of the button to other things. If FSX sees the button, so will FSUIPC.

I am afraid the guide is not that clear to me

Why? What's the problem? Just because it is English? I can't improve it unless you can be more specific.

Pete

Version 4.60? If earlier, please update it with the currently supported version.

That was the problem, I had downloaded FSUIPC from Simmarket, so I had an earlier version; once updated, it is finally working as expected, I'll post back if I have further questions, thanks Pete, I appreciate your help.

Enrico

That was the problem, I had downloaded FSUIPC from Simmarket, so I had an earlier version

Whereabouts in Simmarket are you getting this earlier version? There's only one proper location for the main releases, over on the "Dowson" page on www.schiratti.com. I'll have to tackle Simmarket it they're publishing someplace else now.

Regards

Pete