The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rikito55

Duplicate data in FSC database

Hello,

When creating the FSC database with FSCDbManager, is there a way to avoid duplicate data. More precisely, I am using TrafficX and DbManager records the Afcad scenery files of TrafficX on top of the regular FSX bgl files, creating herefore double airport entries (ILS for instance). One way out is to simply disable the TrafficX scenery folder in FScenery.cfg, but it then disable part of the advantage of TrafficX which provide for many airports more recent data than FSX. Would there be a better way to avoid this problem ?

Thaks for your help.

Eric L.

There is a way and it comes at a price (unless anyone knows a freeware utility that will sort it out). Amongst many other things this will find all duplicate afcads and list them. The problem with an automated system would be which one to delete.

Scruffyduck's Airport Design Editor (ADE) will also identify duplicate AFDs, I believe, and identify them as either additional or default.

That's freeware, so it doesn't cost anything to try, even if it doesn't work as I remember?

Ian P.

I thought that if you searched for an ICAO, it brought up bgl names that contained that ICAO identifier?

As I say, I'm not 100% sure, so it may be another package that I'm thinking of. It was definitely a freeware package, though.

Ian P.

I thought that if you searched for an ICAO, it brought up bgl names that contained that ICAO identifier?

As I say, I'm not 100% sure, so it may be another package that I'm thinking of. It was definitely a freeware package, though.

Ian P.

Thanks to all for your suggestion. However I am afraid that using airport editors and deleting AFD could mess up the sceneries. I was more wondering if without deleting there was a way to exclude some BGL or AFD files. If there is not, not a big deal. I can certainly live with duplicates as long as they provide the same data (ILS frequencies for instance...)

Eric L.

Hi Eric,

double airports can only occur if the relevant add-on airports (in your case Traffic X AFCAD files) have been installed under the FSX default scenery folder /Scenery. As we pointed out various times before, add-on sceneries should be installed either under /Add-on Scenery/ or anywhere else except under /Scenery. To find out exactly what is happening in your case we would appreciate if you could send your FSCDBM_FS10.log file to Volker whose address you find at the bottom of our website.

Regards

Sascha & Volker

Hi Eric,

double airports can only occur if the relevant add-on airports (in your case Traffic X AFCAD files) have been installed under the FSX default scenery folder /Scenery. As we pointed out various times before, add-on sceneries should be installed either under /Add-on Scenery/ or anywhere else except under /Scenery. To find out exactly what is happening in your case we would appreciate if you could send your FSCDBM_FS10.log file to Volker whose address you find at the bottom of our website.

Regards

Sascha & Volker

Hi, Sascha

Sorry for late reply. I totally uninstalled Traffic X and replaced it by the more updated MyTraffic. My duplicate problem seems to have disappeared. In any events, thanks for your help;

Regards

Eric