The simFlight Network Forums

MT 5.1a Update ?

raeuberle

Hello,

I had a computer crash. On this crashed computer FSX Acc.pac + MyTraffic 5.1a (bought via simmarket, zip file and invoice available) was installed. Now I've bought a new computer and I am re-installing my FSX + Accpac and all my Scenery Add-On's (mainly Aerosoft German Airports and Airfields) and some planes in the latest / updated versions.

Now I am thinking about not installing this old MT Version and buy an upgraded version of MyTraffic.

Therefore my questions:

Which product (simmarket link ?) would be the successor of V5.1a ? And would a rebate price possible ?

Is this new version a "full version" or do I need to install my old V5.1. first (which I would like to avoid

if possible).

Thanks a lot

Greetings

Timo

Some Backround Info:

FSX + Accpac DX9(not in default folder installed)

Aerosoft FSX Airports like Leipzig, Dortmund, Hannover, Muenster, Luebeck, etc

Aerosoft FSX German Airfields 1,2 installed

German Airfields 9 (Northern Bavaria) installed

Thanks Glenm but this does not answer my question. I have V5.1a and not 5.3 and I would like to know the (simmarket purchase) link to the upgrade (if this is applicable). Not sure if I need to pay the full price for 5.3 or just the price with rebate. And if the download then is a full version or just an update of 5.1a (which I don't have installed due to change of my system and re-installation of my FSX from scratch)

Forget my last post...I think I got it....when selecting this: http://secure.simmarket.com/b.-renk-mytraffic-x-pro-%28de_2072%29.phtml

I need to pay automatically the rebate price. And as far as I understood it's a full download version (already 5.3a) and does not require

a pre-installation of 5.1a

Thanks

Thanks, räuberle.

MyTraffic X Professional comes with a new version every half year. The sequence is that one major update is followed by two minot updates. The minors are available as free incremental update to the majors, as example from 5.3 to 5.3a. The majors always only are available as full installers only, this allows for major changes in the structure that are necessary from time to time. These full versions are available with a strong rebate from Simmarket for all existing costumors, basically you paid 12€ for 18 months of work with 5.3. Now, 5.3a is free for all 5.3 costumors, and earliers are charged 14€ since they get the result of 24 months of work. When 5.3b comes in may, update price will be 16€, since they get the result of 30 months of work.

If you get the full installer, you have three options, all are working:

a) rename the existing MyTrafficv folder to as example MyTraffic51a. Now install the new product. You have both on disk now - this option is the best for users who did changes themselves.

B) delete the existing MyTraffic folder and install - coming from 5.1 that is software from medievial times.

c) install over the existing setup - this works too, you only are left with lost of empty folders and some unused files.

Hi - the master himself :-) Thanks a lot for your explanations - that helps a lot.

I have the V5.1a zip file on my disc but I didn't install it so far on the new PC -

as I wanted to have a completely new clean installation. So - when downloading the http://secure.simmar...e_2072%29.phtml

(V5.3) out of simmarket i need to install it (V5.3) and then download and install the update to V5.3a ?!

Greetings

Timo

Hi - the master himself :-) Thanks a lot for your explanations - that helps a lot.

I have the V5.1a zip file on my disc but I didn't install it so far on the new PC -

as I wanted to have a completely new clean installation. So - when downloading the http://secure.simmar...e_2072%29.phtml

(V5.3) out of simmarket i need to install it (V5.3) and then download and install the update to V5.3a ?!

Greetings

Timo

No, today already 5.3a is available and delivered, just install and be happy.