The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dejavu1953

"Please Uninstall Previous Version First"

Goodevening,

I am trying to instal the new version FSC 9 in the same machine with FSC 8.6, i rename the folder FSC 8 to FSC868 and rename to in Start Programs/Aerosoft/FSC8 to FSC868 then i execute the program as Administrator but... after minutes the InstallShield Wizard stops and this Msg "Please uninstall the previous version first".

Any help apreciated

Regards

Luis Serpa

FSX with Windows Vista 32

FSUIPC / WideFs (registerd version)

FSC8 / FSC9 from Aerosoft

Goodevening,

I am trying to instal the new version FSC 9 in the same machine with FSC 8.6, i rename the folder FSC 8 to FSC868 and rename to in Start Programs/Aerosoft/FSC8 to FSC868 then i execute the program as Administrator but... after minutes the InstallShield Wizard stops and this Msg "Please uninstall the previous version first".

Any help apreciated

Regards

Luis Serpa

FSX with Windows Vista 32

FSUIPC / WideFs (registerd version)

FSC8 / FSC9 from Aerosoft

:)... the answer is quite simple. Uninstall the previous version first... so rename the folder back to its original name and run the uninstaller. If you want to keep the old folder then make a copy of it in case you needed if installing 8.6 back.

:)... the answer is quite simple. Uninstall the previous version first... so rename the folder back to its original name and run the uninstaller. If you want to keep the old folder then make a copy of it in case you needed if installing 8.6 back.

Thanks Kelvyn, that part i understand :) but maybe i dind't explain well in my post, what i ont is keep the version 8 and install the version 9 in diferent Partition the 8 are in "C" and install the 9 in "D" where i have my FSX.

If you know the way to do that i apreciated :)

Regards

Luis Serpa

Hi Luis,

To have both copies just install the new version in a completely new directory/drive path.

My understanding is that they are independent and you can have two versions installed at the same time.

I just created a new install directory for ver 9 (FSC9) and left my previous 8.6 in (FSC) the fact that you are going to a different drive should not matter.

Only concern is can you restore original position to that before you started to install the new version.

Hope that helps OldBadger

Hi Luis,

To have both copies just install the new version in a completely new directory/drive path.

My understanding is that they are independent and you can have two versions installed at the same time.

I just created a new install directory for ver 9 (FSC9) and left my previous 8.6 in (FSC) the fact that you are going to a different drive should not matter.

Only concern is can you restore original position to that before you started to install the new version.

Hope that helps OldBadger

Hi Oldbadger,

That whos my intention to have the two programs diferents "Drive" but...the problem is doesn't let me install, before the install start the program window "please unisntall previous version first" so it's imposibel to continue and tell the software i ont to install under other "Drive"...

Thanks anyway

Luis

Note: the FSC8.6 work perfect and "Save as" work perfectly, and i think what i se forum the new version is diferent with "save as" flightplans to LevelD and PMDG etc

Hi Luis,

I installed FSC9 in parallel to FSC8.6 on my Win7 64bit machine without any problems. Same on a other machine wit WHS.

So I guess your problem depends on your local environment. And I think you didn't follow the recommendations here. And that's the reason why you come up with the message "uninstall previous version".

The only solution IMHO is to uninstall FSC completely (follow the readme files!!!) and install it again, following the link I gave you.

Hi Luis,

I installed FSC9 in parallel to FSC8.6 on my Win7 64bit machine without any problems. Same on a other machine wit WHS.

So I guess your problem depends on your local environment. And I think you didn't follow the recommendations here. And that's the reason why you come up with the message "uninstall previous version".

The only solution IMHO is to uninstall FSC completely (follow the readme files!!!) and install it again, following the link I gave you.

Hi "mopperle",

Thanks for the help and i would like to ask you if you have problems "save as" to addons aircrafts like LevelD 767-300, PMDG etc. Is ok for you export to fmc those airplanes ?? I hear some reports about the dificulty to "Save as" and export to FMC LevelD and PMDG, i dont understand way FSC change the way to "save" flightplans in new version...

Once more thanks to you and others they have the simpaty to answer me.

regards

Luis Serpa

Hi "mopperle",

Thanks for the help and i would like to ask you if you have problems "save as" to addons aircrafts like LevelD 767-300, PMDG etc. Is ok for you export to fmc those airplanes ?? I hear some reports about the dificulty to "Save as" and export to FMC LevelD and PMDG, i dont understand way FSC change the way to "save" flightplans in new version...

Once more thanks to you and others they have the simpaty to answer me.

regards

Luis Serpa

Luis, I have no problems saving my flightplans for PMDG. I can't tell about LevelD, because I don't have it. The path for PMDG, LevelD and others are fixed, you can't change them, as they depend on the correct installation of FSX AND FSC.

People having problems with saving their plans did not follow the recommendations on installing FSX and FSC to a proper location. They are using Vista or W7 and installed FSX and/or FSC to Window's default program path (C:/Program Files or soemthing similar), which should not be done!!!