The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple keyboard support for FSUIPC

My intention is that pressing the "Q" key on the secondary keyboard "kbd1" on the aircraft the "Emergency Lights" illuminate for example.

I've tried this in different ways and many days I've been trying to find a way to do it but I confess incapable.

You would greatly appreciate if someone could help me.

Please, rather than post PICTURES of TEXT files, just paste in the contents of the text files. I cannot quote parts back from pictures to show you what is wrong!

Your ipcReady.lua program is toggling the virtual BUTTON identified by the value written to offset 66C0. So, if your "HidMacros" implementation seds values to 66C0, you will get buttons programmable in the Buttons & Switches tab.

But then you edit the KEYS section of your INI, which handles normal keyboard imputs -- nothing to do with Buttons! You are ignoring the button number 0-287 altogether!

Your KEYS entries are all wrong. What is the 'N' for at the beginning of each line?

There is no format "H66C0=1,M4:22,0". I don't know where you are getting this from. In any case you cannot program conditions into the KEYS section, and in this line you omitted the Key and Shift codes altogether -- it is completely wrng in every way. Why are you trying to test 66C0, when your ipcReady is already converting it to button toggling?

With that ipcReady.lua loaded, you do not need to do any editing of the INI file at all. Please DELETE the stuff you've added altogether. Just use the Buttons & Switches tab to program the virtual buttons you operate from HidMacros.

Note that, if HidMacros can toggle bits in offsets, then it would be FAR FAR EASIER to avoid using 66C0 altogether, and simply program HidMacros to set or toggle bits in in the virtual button offsets, 3340-3363 directly. For some reason you seem to be wanting it as complicated as possible, rather than very simply.

Regards

Pete

First of all, thank you for your reply.

Your ipcReady.lua program is toggling the virtual BUTTON identified by the value written to offset 66C0. So, if your "HidMacros" implementation seds values to 66C0, you will get buttons programmable in the Buttons & Switches tab.

I assume that ipcReady.lua must be a file saved with the notepad and put inside the folder “modules”.

Are the data introduced in HIDMacros which appear in my last post capture right?

Some concepts are confusing for me, how can I do this?

When I open the tab “Buttons & Switches”, I cannot in any way interact with the menu unless I press a real button in one of my hardware devices recognized as joysticks in the file FSUIPC.INI (Saitek Pro Flights Yoke, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Throttle Quadrant & Vri MCP Combo). If I simply press key Q in my second keyboard, nothing happens, so I have no choice to input anything, obviously I’m not doing it right.

What would the hypothetic input from “Buttons & Switches” look like in the section “buttons” of the file .INI? Maybe a graphic example like those in your FSUIPC Manual would help me understand what I have to do exactly.

In the example of my last post I say that I want to use the key Q in my keyboard number 2 to send an instruction which runs somehow the macro mouse of my file PMDG B736.MCRO but at the same time doesn’t deactivate the simulator sound, which is what key Q in the main keyboard does.

Module6="PMDG_737NG_OHD_PAX_SIGNS.GAU"

19=No Smoke Ligh On=R6:3

20=FastBelt Ligh On=R6:4

21=FastBelt Ligh Of=R6:11

22=LIGHTS_Emerg/On=R6:5

Maybe this is not possible?

Following your indications I have deleted everything I had added, but now my mind has gone blank and I don’t know how to go on.

I thank you much for the time you are spending for me and beg you patience in case something I have set out here is technically unacceptable.

Regards.Javier

Edited by mag0deoz

I assume that ipcReady.lua must be a file saved with the notepad and put inside the folder “modules”.

Er, sorry. Why are you "assuming"? You showed me your ipcReady lua file. So whay are you asking me what you did?

Are the data introduced in HIDMacros which appear in my last post capture right?

sorry, i do not know HidMacros. You need to check their documentation and support.

Some concepts are confusing for me, how can I do this?

Do what?

When I open the tab “Buttons & Switches”, I cannot in any way interact with the menu unless I press a real button in one of my hardware devices recognized as joysticks in the file FSUIPC.INI (Saitek Pro Flights Yoke, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Throttle Quadrant & Vri MCP Combo). If I simply press key Q in my second keyboard, nothing happens, so I have no choice to input anything, obviously I’m not doing it right.

If your second keyboard is programmed to toggle (i.e. change) bits in the Virtual Buttons offsets, as I mentioned, then they would be detected in the FSUIPC Buttons & Switches tab, as buttone 0-31 on each of 9 joysticks, 64-72. That how there are 288 "virtual" buttons available.

What would the hypothetic input from “Buttons & Switches” look like in the section “buttons” of the file .INI?

Sorry, I don't understand. Why are you bothering at all with the INI file? You seem to be pre-occupied with it. You should be concentrating on getting HidMacros to do what you want. If you do it correctly there should be no need to edit the INI file at all.

Maybe this is not possible?

It should be easily possible, but it is to HidMacros you need to look. See how to toggle bits in an FSUIPC offset.

If it can only send values to a whole byte or word or something, then you can convert that to bit toggling in the virtual buttons area, in the way that parts of the pictures you posted earlier showed.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete.

Thanks for your reply.

I've gotten it to work but only by editing the. INI file, not through FSUIPC "Buttons & Switches" tab.

Well, it's a good start, but we will continue testing.

Feel free to let me know if you need anything from Barcelona.

Thanks for everything.

Sincerely

Xavier

I've gotten it to work but only by editing the. INI file, not through FSUIPC "Buttons & Switches" tab.

Well, you were not successful in "toggling" the virtual button bits then! Don't forget that the detection for assignment purposes relies on the button state changing from "unpressed" (0) to "pressed" (1), not vice versa.

Pete

• 5 years later...

Hi Pete, I found this thread while I was looking for a solution like HIDMacros is offering.

What I am looking for is a tool, which recognizes multiple keyboard IDs AND which can send button commands to a virtual joy controller like PPJoy or vJoy.

In the meantime I found GlovePie, FreePie, UCR, UJR, AutoHotKEy. But either the tool cannot distiguish between different keyboards or the tool cannot use virtual joy controller output simultaneously.

HIDMacros would be fine, if I could use vJoy as virtual controller for the output sequence.

Do you have an idea how to solve my experiment?

If I would find a solution, I could use a second keyboard as an input for game controler output for a flight simulator FSX Add-On.

If I could use FSUIPC for this task, this would be wonderful.

regards

Alhard

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2018 at 2:58 PM, alihor said:

Do you have an idea how to solve my experiment?

If I would find a solution, I could use a second keyboard as an input for game controler output for a flight simulator FSX Add-On.

If I could use FSUIPC for this task, this would be wonderful.

Sorry, but I don't know any of the tools you list. If you can have  keyboard going through some program which then emulates a joystick type device then of course FSUIPC wouyld be able to see it. 

Pete

3 minutes ago, alihor said:

Another question in this context: how can I send via FSX-FSUIPC a key command to another process, which does not have the focus and is on a remote PC.

By WideFS using a "SendKey" assignment in FSUIPC and a corresponding parameter in the WideClient.INI. For a program without focus you'd normally need to load it by WideClient so it has a handle for it. But there are other methods. See the WideFS documentation.

Pete