The simFlight Network Forums

MyTraffic 5.3a Installation Failed ? Missing Scenery

raeuberle

Hi,

just run the installer and it went through. No Error messages. All is there...Communicator, and so on. But no planes. Just checked the scenery library but no MyTraffic scenery visible (as i do have some aerosoft airports and airfields I wanted to make sure the priorities)

Any info how to entitle MyTraffic in the scenery library manually ?

Hi,

Within the scenery library, click the "Add Area..." button on the right hand side and left-click once on "MyTraffic" in the FSX root folder. There are a load of subdirectories inside that, but you want to stop at the "\Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic" one.

Click on "OK"to select the folder. If you are using most versions of Windows, this will add it to the scenery library. If you are using Windows7, it will open the directory. In the latter case, right click anywhere on the white space inside the listing area to add it to the library. Accept changes to get back to the settings page and MyTraffic is added. :)

Hope that helps?

Best regards,

Ian P.

There's a manual?

<ducks, quickly>

:mrgreen:

Seriously, I couldn't remember whether it was in the manual or not, as I'm running the partial 5.3a beta that you sent me and I don't know what state it was in compared to final, so I thought it was better to be safe than sorry and didn't want to send someone to somewhere in the documentation where it was no longer written. Been there. Done that. :oops:

Ian P.