The simFlight Network Forums

What could be causing this problem ??

FSUIPC REGISTERED VERSION FS9 ver 3.96

Windows XP Home

I am running FS9 with Saitek Yoke , second quadrant and pedals. While all these controllers have been properly installed, and they can be calibrated and are working fine via Windows Control Panel / Controllers / Properties.

Now while I have come to realise that while I am trying to program the controllers via FSUIPC, the second quadrant does not show up when I move the second quadrants axis up down. Not only this but while I press rescan button , FSUIPC seems not to respond. As per the picture, the RESCAN AND CLEAR buttons are greyed out.

post-18641-0-85083800-1292012168_thumb.j

The only way to get this to respond is to exit flight simulator and restart it.

So my problem are 2 :

1) Why doesnt FSUIPC see the second quadrant ?

2) Why does FSUIPC "die" on me as per the attachment

Appreciate your time

Thank you

As per the picture, the RESCAN AND CLEAR buttons are greyed out.

The buttons only do anything when an axis has been detected and is shown in the joystick/axis ID in the top centre. Theres no function those buttons can do when no axis is being seen.

1) Why doesnt FSUIPC see the second quadrant ?

Sorry, I've no idea. It uses standard DirectInput. So something is wrong with the unit or the USB connection to it.

2) Why does FSUIPC "die" on me as per the attachment

Is is "dead". just because buttons are greyed doesn't mean it isn't scanning. The buttons are only active when they have a role to play.

Regards

Pete

The buttons only do anything when an axis has been detected and is shown in the joystick/axis ID in the top centre. Theres no function those buttons can do when no axis is being seen.

Sorry, I've no idea. It uses standard DirectInput. So something is wrong with the unit or the USB connection to it.

Is is "dead". just because buttons are greyed doesn't mean it isn't scanning. The buttons are only active when they have a role to play.

Regards

Pete

FSUIPC goes dead and even when I move the quadrant that is working fine , it still doesnt pick up anything. When this happens, even the axis that have been programmed dont work. This is overcome by restarting FS9

FSUIPC goes dead and even when I move the quadrant that is working fine , it still doesnt pick up anything. When this happens, even the axis that have been programmed dont work. This is overcome by restarting FS9

FSUIPC is NOT "going dead". It is just not seeing your devices. That is NOT "dead! I already told you this!

And I've just noticed you are using FSUIPC 3.96, which is old and unsupported!! (I think that version had rather stringent timeouts to eliminate badly behaved joysticks (ones with slow responses) and it was discovered late on that Saitek models seem rather slow to respond and easily cause timeouts).

Please update to a supported version. Sorry I should have checked this point before answering the first time! I do not and cannot support old versions. The earliest supported version for FS9 is 3.98.

Pete

FSUIPC is NOT "going dead". It is just not seeing your devices. That is NOT "dead! I already told you this!

And I've just noticed you are using FSUIPC 3.96, which is old and unsupported!! (I think that version had rather stringent timeouts to eliminate badly behaved joysticks (ones with slow responses) and it was discovered late on that Saitek models seem rather slow to respond and easily cause timeouts).

Please update to a supported version. Sorry I should have checked this point before answering the first time! I do not and cannot support old versions. The earliest supported version for FS9 is 3.98.

Pete

I recently purchased FSUIPC version 3.98 from the http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html site. When I install this and ran it it shows up like version 3.96. What have I done wrong ?

I recently purchased FSUIPC version 3.98 from the http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html site.

You do not "purchase" a particular version, and you purchase from simMarket. The Schiratti site is the download site only, and the version which has been there now since early March is 3.98.

When I install this and ran it it shows up like version 3.96. What have I done wrong ?

If you downloaded an old one it was either cached by your ISP (very unlikely) or you downloaded it long ago, not in the last eight months. Please do read the red text on the Schiratti Dowson site just below the entry for 3.98.

The only other possibility is that some other add-on you've installed has overwritten the correct version with an old one. There are some bad installers which do not check! In this case simply re-run the current FSUIPC Installer.

If you still have such a problem, show me the Install log which you will find in the FS Modules folder.

Pete

You do not "purchase" a particular version, and you purchase from simMarket. The Schiratti site is the download site only, and the version which has been there now since early March is 3.98.

If you downloaded an old one it was either cached by your ISP (very unlikely) or you downloaded it long ago, not in the last eight months. Please do read the red text on the Schiratti Dowson site just below the entry for 3.98.

The only other possibility is that some other add-on you've installed has overwritten the correct version with an old one. There are some bad installers which do not check! In this case simply re-run the current FSUIPC Installer.

If you still have such a problem, show me the Install log which you will find in the FS Modules folder.

Pete

RE-installed everything and finally got the new version. Seemed like it was cached. Now finally when everything is installed properly there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.