The simFlight Network Forums

Failed Compiling Airports Database

curts

Hi Curt,

Looks like we are running into a problem with a BGL file, but which one. First time through STB has to check every one in the scenery library to determine if it contains traffic schedules or is something else. Next time we remember which are not so the process is quicker.

To find the BGL, we need to set up a trace in STB. Full details of how to do this are in Appendix C of the user guide. Could you set that up, reproduce the problem and send me the file created please? Then we can decide how to fix this.

Thanks

Simon

Same issue I think as Curt (can't read that though ;) )

Don't want to hijack the thread but figure my screenshot may help others in our situation.

stb.gif

Here's my trace report. I was going to cut out what I think is the sniplet that you need but rather not pretend I know what I'm doing :)

Sorry if there's a solution already mentioned that I missed. I searched for "Exception" and this seemed to be the better thread to post this.

Hi,

I have run STB3 with trace on and found two scenerys that caused the Compile Airports to abort.

The first one was Norway_scenic and the second one was Portugal.

After removing these two and running Make Runways and Compile Airports again, all is now fine.

I think it was *garbage* characters in these files that was the problem.

/Curt

How were you able to determine that Curt? Would it be the last listed line before the "AirportCompiler.Compile(): Handing Exception"?

I didn't see anything in the guide to say what to look for but the line right before the Handing Exception is:

AircraftCompiler.AddToDatabase(): Adding aircraft F1UT2_YK4.4G.4G,GAZPROM,YAKOLEV,YAK-40,"Ultimate Traffic 2","Yakovlev Yak 40","Gazpromavia"

Hi Dan,

Your problem is not the same as mine.

It seems that the Airport compiler can't find a file called runways.xml.

Try to run "Make Runways" under Configuration before running "Compile Airports".

Look for errors after "make Runways".

/Curt

Hi Curt,

Glad to hear you found the problem and things are working again, and thanks for helping Dan.

Hi Dan,

Curt is correct, your problem is different. It's looking for the files produced by MakeRwys and cannot find them. If Curt's suggestion does not help you, please describe what you do to make the error occur.

Simon

Sorry for the late reply Simon. I do have it in the FSX directory but just noticed for some reason it's not saving the runways.xml as such. It is being saved as (or written as) "runways.csv".

I have two files in my directory: D:\Hangar\FSX\runways.csv & D:\Hangar\FSX\runways.txt. Is this a problem with Pete Dowson's makerunways? Your app? Or a setting somewhere on my end? Also let me know which file to change the extension to out of the two above (I am guessing the .csv).

As to the other question. I consider the default location to be whatever the programmer has their program set to install in. In your case (and most devs) yes, it is Program Files (x86).

* I only mentioned it because there are a lot of devs out there that don't know how to querry the registry for the path and if it's not installed into the default directory (in this case program files (x86) ) it will not work. Although this apparently isn't the case for this situation.

Hi Dan,

I have a runways.csv, runways.txt and runways.xml.

runways.csv has content like this:

00AL,0010,34.861698,-86.770950,820,10,2300,0

runways.xml has content like this:

<ICAO id="00AL">

<ICAOName>Epps Airpark</ICAOName>

<City>Harvest</City>

Can you confirm which format you have in your runways.csv?

The way to eliminate STB from this picture is simply close it down, go to your FSX folder and double click makerwys.exe. When it is finished, what runway files do you have and what content?

STB understands FSX registry keys, even to the point of accessing them in the correct order to avoid a UAC conflict. Indeed STB is very UAC friendly, you don't need to turn it off and any time it needs a little extra, it asks.

Simon

Hi Simon,

The content in my .csv is of course the same as yours. Seeing that you have 3 different file types sheds light to what the issue is.

I ran makerwys.exe its not creating an xml and it seems to be creating the following files.

• g5.csv
  • r4.csv
  • r5.csv
  • runways.csv
  • Runways.txt
  • t5.csv
  • airports.fsm
  • FstarRC.rws

But again, no xml.

Also I understand STB understands FSX registry keys "now", but just wanted to point out why I mentioned it to begin with since it may have not been understood ;)

Edit: I am running makerwys.exe version 4.1.2.0 apparently 4.43 is out and will find it and try it. According to Pete it should work.

Hello, i have the same problem. As made you to find the scenary which poses problem? I have the tracelog definitely but any information on the scenery. THANK YOU.

MakeRunway 4.43

post-17287-0-51722700-1292518642_thumb.j

6/12/2010 17:53:53.636: LoadParking(): Parking 1 at airport VIBN is duplicated.

16/12/2010 17:53:53.779: AirportCompiler.LoadRunways(): Loading FS Runway Data C:\FSX\r5.csv <<<<------------------------------------------The problem ?

16/12/2010 17:53:53.780: SetProgressMessage: Loading runway data from r5.csv

16/12/2010 17:53:53.784: AirportCompiler.Compile(): Handing Exception

16/12/2010 17:53:53.784: LocalAirportCache.DeleteBackingStore Deleting Airprot Cache backing store.

16/12/2010 17:53:53.784: BackingStoreAndIndex.Delete: Deleting C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard3\Index.bin

16/12/2010 17:53:53.784: BackingStoreAgent.Delete: Deleting C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard3\Airports.bin

16/12/2010 17:53:53.784: LocalParkingAgent.DeleteBackingStore: Deleting Embedded Parking backing store.

16/12/2010 17:53:53.784: BackingStoreAgent.Delete: Deleting C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard3\Parking.bin

16/12/2010 17:53:53.784: LocalFlightPlanAgent.DeleteBackingStore: Deleting Embedded FlightPlan backing store.

16/12/2010 17:53:53.784: BackingStoreAgent.Delete: Deleting C:\Users\Laurent\AppData\Roaming\FlyingWSimulation\SuperTrafficBoard3\FlightPlans.bin

16/12/2010 17:53:53.787: EXCEPTION_WHILE_COMPILING_AIRPORTS:

An exception occurred while trying to compile a new airports database.

As a result of this error, the default airport database will be used. The default database does not contain flight schedules, airport data (runways and parking) or airport names you may have customized. This may result in incorrect flight numbers being displayed, incorrect departures schedules for aircraft moved to the stand by approach control, and flight distance data will be more limited.

The exception is: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.

The stack trace is:

à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)

à System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)

à System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)

à System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)

à FSObjects.Runway..ctor(String[] tokens) dans C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 RC3\FSObjects\FSObjects\Runway.cs:ligne 63

à FSObjects.AirportCompiler.LoadRunways() dans C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 RC3\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:ligne 392

à FSObjects.AirportCompiler.PerformCompileSteps() dans C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 RC3\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:ligne 196

à FSObjects.AirportCompiler.Compile() dans C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 RC3\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:ligne 159

16/12/2010 17:53:55.702: Watchdog reports the UT2 service state is now:Opened, previous:Closing

16/12/2010 17:53:55.703: DisplayBoxMsg: Watchdog reports the UT2 service state is now: Opened

16/12/2010 17:54:00.687: CompilationManager.WorkComplete()

16/12/2010 17:54:00.688: AirportCompilationEnded(): Finished

16/12/2010 17:54:05.704: Watchdog reports the UT2 service state is now:Opened, previous:Opened

16/12/2010 17:54:15.704: Watchdog reports the UT2 service state is now:Opened, previous:Opened

Hello Folks

I have the same problem with compiling the Database. I used also Verison 4,3 of the MakeRunways.exe. All Files were in the FSX Dir.

But i found that

It is possible to see the actualy compiled BGL. Files in the Information Window.

My "bad "Scenery was the "Geneva_SWISSPRO Scenery. The compiler stops every time at this Scenery.

So I commented it out in the Scenery.cfg File and everything worked well for me.

But I think there seems to be a Problem with a couple of Scenery Files.

Greetings

C. Kutscha

Hamburg Germany

Hello Folks

I have the same problem with compiling the Database. I used also Verison 4,3 of the MakeRunways.exe. All Files were in the FSX Dir.

But i found that

It is possible to see the actualy compiled BGL. Files in the Information Window.

My "bad "Scenery was the "Geneva_SWISSPRO Scenery. The compiler stops every time at this Scenery.

So I commented it out in the Scenery.cfg File and everything worked well for me.

But I think there seems to be a Problem with a couple of Scenery Files.

Greetings

C. Kutscha

Hamburg Germany

We have observed two problems when compiling airports:

1) On some machines that use a "," for the decimal point, there is a failure after file "g5.csv" is processed. That problem I have in hand and hope to have a hot fix later today.

2) Some BGL files give us trouble, as there is a format out there we have not encountered before. In this case, if you could send me the BGL concerned or tell me the full name of the product and publisher, I'll see if I can handle it.

Thanks

Simon