The simFlight Network Forums

serioulsy reduced traffic 5.3

marcj

Hi Bernhard,

After a while away from the sim I am back I just purchased version 5.3 and it looks like all was installed OK. However when starting up the Sim at EGLL there seems to be less than 50% of the gates full with the slider at 100% I have aerosoft's Mega Airport package and have never seen it so empty. There would at first look seem to be a tot of BA (as expected but not that much of anything else.

Any help would be great

Marc

Hi Bernhard,

After a while away from the sim I am back I just purchased version 5.3 and it looks like all was installed OK. However when starting up the Sim at EGLL there seems to be less than 50% of the gates full with the slider at 100% I have aerosoft's Mega Airport package and have never seen it so empty. There would at first look seem to be a tot of BA (as expected but not that much of anything else.

Any help would be great

Marc

Just try the same with that Addon disabled, there should be more than 100 aircraft parked at EGLL. If you tell me time you want to check, I can do so. I assume you refer to version 5.3a?

Just try the same with that Addon disabled, there should be more than 100 aircraft parked at EGLL. If you tell me time you want to check, I can do so. I assume you refer to version 5.3a?

I counted, with default day setting, and traffic at 100%, 113 aircraft parked at EGLL, which is at the limit of what the airport can do. 36 of them are BAW, all parked at T5, and 77 are other airlines, which I consider a realistic ratio.

So if you see significantly less traffic, there is a problem with the addon airport, which only they can fix. You can encourage them to contact me about more details how to update their product.

Sorry for only getting back to you now.

With Aerosofts and for that matter UK2000 Heathrow scenery there is quite a lot of traffic (1200 local time) terminal 5 nearly empty and a lot of gates termainals 1,2 and 3 also empty. Having check Geneva (fsdt scenery) there would seem to be the same amount of traffic on the ground as at Heathrow.

With the MS only version of Heathrow Terminal 5 is full and most of the other gates as well except (dont know number but presume terminal 4 looking quite empty)

Hope that helps

Marc

With Aerosofts and for that matter UK2000 Heathrow scenery there is quite a lot of traffic (1200 local time) terminal 5 nearly empty

If I understand you correctly, with UK2000 EGLL the airport is full but T5 is empty? But with the MTX airport T5 is full but the rest of the terminals are empty? I would suggest that you add a .passive to the end of the BR2_EGLL.BGL and OBJ.BGL files. Remove the EGLL Tower with beacon as well. Then make sure you are only using one EGLL at a time. Choose either Aerosoft or UK2000 and retest.

Burkhard has indicated that in his view EGLL is appropriately filled per airport/runway capacity using the MTX version, so if T5 is empty at the two payware airports then there's a blockage somewhere.

With the MS only version of Heathrow Terminal 5 is full

You mean MyTraffic? FSX stock EGLL does not include T5.

T4 is a specialty Terminal. With the departure of BAW to T5 you will need to check the new MyTraffic schedules to ensure that the airlines that occupy T4 are actually in the schedule. I recall there being a dozen or so airlines. If half are missing then T4 will appear empty most of the time unless the airport fills up then other airlines will be directed to park at T4. This is mainly due to the location of T4 in comparison to the location of available parking at the other Terminals. To compensate for this, at least 75% of the parkings are coded. If an airline with a T4 code lands it will be directed to T4, assuming that there is a free spot.

If you need a schedule of airlines that park at T4 I can post it here.

If I understand you correctly, with UK2000 EGLL the airport is full but T5 is empty? But with the MTX airport T5 is full but the rest of the terminals are empty? I would suggest that you add a .passive to the end of the BR2_EGLL.BGL and OBJ.BGL files. Remove the EGLL Tower with beacon as well. Then make sure you are only using one EGLL at a time. Choose either Aerosoft or UK2000 and retest.

Burkhard has indicated that in his view EGLL is appropriately filled per airport/runway capacity using the MTX version, so if T5 is empty at the two payware airports then there's a blockage somewhere.

You mean MyTraffic? FSX stock EGLL does not include T5.

T4 is a specialty Terminal. With the departure of BAW to T5 you will need to check the new MyTraffic schedules to ensure that the airlines that occupy T4 are actually in the schedule. I recall there being a dozen or so airlines. If half are missing then T4 will appear empty most of the time unless the airport fills up then other airlines will be directed to park at T4. This is mainly due to the location of T4 in comparison to the location of available parking at the other Terminals. To compensate for this, at least 75% of the parkings are coded. If an airline with a T4 code lands it will be directed to T4, assuming that there is a free spot.

If you need a schedule of airlines that park at T4 I can post it here.

About T4 last I read about it there were intense renovation works there, which explains some free gates on a real basis. When I counted, there were 7 aircraft over there.

About the rest, I do not have the airport layouts of the addon airports. Not sure what they do, but MyTraffic precisely follows the rules for AI traffic defined in the FSX SDK SP2, so any problem indicates these airports are not fully updated for FSX. Maybe old FS9 radius definitions?

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

Sorry for only replying now however, I have been busy.

I have now only Aerosoft mega airport Heathrow installed (see screen shots of traffic)This would seem to me pretty empty on previous versions of my traffic.

By comparison I have attached a screen shot of Frankfurt-Main which is very full.

Both times are approx 1430 local and with 75% traffic set. I also installed UT2 which seemed to fill EGLL at 75. However, I think My traffic is a better product and want to carrying using it. However, i want to make sure that all is as it should be at EGLL.

Thanks

marc

post-11573-0-49439200-1294326271_thumb.j

post-11573-0-27552500-1294326293_thumb.j

post-11573-0-21434200-1294326310_thumb.j

post-11573-0-87409200-1294326330_thumb.j

Gents,

Sorry for only replying now however, I have been busy.

I have now only Aerosoft mega airport Heathrow installed (see screen shots of traffic)This would seem to me pretty empty on previous versions of my traffic.

By comparison I have attached a screen shot of Frankfurt-Main which is very full.

Both times are approx 1430 local and with 75% traffic set. I also installed UT2 which seemed to fill EGLL at 75. However, I think My traffic is a better product and want to carrying using it. However, i want to make sure that all is as it should be at EGLL.

Thanks

marc

MyTraffic provides, as I checked above, a meaningful number of schedules ex EGLL. If an airport cannot handle this, that is nothing any AI addon can do anything about. Provided the airport does not come with its own little AI schedule, programmed in FS8 bgl code, which basically switches off any FSX AI traffic.

At 100%, you should see about 110 aircraft parked at EGLL, so at 75% it should be between 70 and 80. A 2 runway airport in FSX cannot handle more, Frankfurt with its 3 runways can handle about 50% more.