The simFlight Network Forums

My TRAFFIC X WITH FAKE RUNWAYS help

Hi i just found out why i was having problems when flying some ifrs flights and missions Here are the pics of the problem ...1 airport that i flight alot to is ktpa tampa international ....Cn somebody that has tfx 5.3a tell me if iam th only one having this issue....follow this link for pics of the problem

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191940&st=0&gopid=2384463entry2384463

What version of MTX do you own? What is the file date of the KTPA in your MyTraffic X scenery folder?

I have the full version of 5.3a (not the 5.3a update) and the KTPA file I have is from March 2010. It does not utilize the crosswind runway technique and does not have any fake runways.

Are you certain that the file you have is from MTX?

Have you modified KTPA using AFX?

Comment out the MTX KTPA file by placing a .passive at the end, e.g., BR2_KTPA.BGL.passive Now use the KTPA that ships with MTX 5.3 - I'm only assuming you have v5.3 since you never answered my questions. The file date for KTPA should be March 2010. Whoever redid KTPA did not reinstate the crosswind runway technique so you won't have any fake runways. BTW, those fake runways are used to fool FS9/FSX into thinking that all runways are parallel and by doing so, FS9/FSX ATC will use the non-parallels at all times.

If the crosswind runways are correctly placed FSX ATC will not see them and they will have no adverse effect on your flight. If they are not placed correctly then problems, especially on approach, will arise.

Have you modified KTPA using AFX?

Comment out the MTX KTPA file by placing a .passive at the end, e.g., BR2_KTPA.BGL.passive Now use the KTPA that ships with MTX 5.3 - I'm only assuming you have v5.3 since you never answered my questions. The file date for KTPA should be March 2010. Whoever redid KTPA did not reinstate the crosswind runway technique so you won't have any fake runways. BTW, those fake runways are used to fool FS9/FSX into thinking that all runways are parallel and by doing so, FS9/FSX ATC will use the non-parallels at all times.

If the crosswind runways are correctly placed FSX ATC will not see them and they will have no adverse effect on your flight. If they are not placed correctly then problems, especially on approach, will arise.

no sr i use it to see if i can fix the fake runways my self but afx says that it can not be done...iam using 53a update ..Iwill atached the file that was under my traffic x scenery that was causing the problem chek it out ..when i delete it all is good now ...opps sorry the file is not permited to upload lol anyways the file is called BR2_KTPA.BGL

Ok check the link i post it on the first post i post it the pic where it shows is from my traffic you will see the ktpa mod who is the one causing the problem

also i like to add if use the airport editor that my traffic x brings you will see that it says that ktpa has 12 runways soft and 3 hard

Edited by ryant

The version of KTPA that shipped with MTX 5.3 full installer has three runways only. This is according to the editor. I confirmed with ADEX. It sounds as though your update did not update KTPA. Something for Burkhard to check in the morning.

If you'd like for me to take a look at your version of KTPA, you will need to zip it first before you can attach to the post.

I checked that the version that comes with 5.3a does not contain cross wind support, so is using two runways only. This is sufficient for the number of parkings we have there. I attch here what I have after 5.3a installation, so just use that one.

In addition, All those MyTraffic airports that do support cross wind ( KSFO, KJFK, KORD ) as example have their fake runways near the south pole and do not get mixed up by FSX ATC. If third party ATC addons try to land a 747 on a 10m long grass strip 9000 miles away, I assume the rest of the software to be of similar intelligence.