The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc & hotas wathog

gooo

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded fsuipc4 from simmarket, but I dont understand where I have to go to pay it and to register it............ also do you think is possible to use it with the hotas warthog?

Basically I use fsx with carenado bonanza F33 , and Reality xp with gns 430 as avionics, and I'd like to know if is possible to install on the hotas the following functions:

hdg bug on the EHSI

cdi on the EHSI

engine start

altimetere setting

autopilot

gns 430 inner and outer knob

I read the ,anual found with the installer but I did't find anything about how and where to pay

I' m really not espert in fsx and company...so apologize if what I've just asked is really stupid.

Thankk you

I just downloaded fsuipc4 from simmarket, but I dont understand where I have to go to pay it and to register it

Er ... you cannot download FSUIPC from SimMarket! They don't have it! The download site is www.schiratti.com/dowson. SimMarket only sell the registrations.

You pay for it at SimMarket, purchasing it just like any other product there. There's a page for it with all the usual purchase options.

Basically I use fsx with carenado bonanza F33 , and Reality xp with gns 430 as avionics, and I'd like to know if is possible to install on the hotas the following functions:

hdg bug on the EHSI

cdi on the EHSI

engine start

altimetere setting

autopilot

gns 430 inner and outer knob

I really don't know. Sorry. If you can operate those things with keypresses, then, yes, you can assign keypresses in FSUIPC.

I read the ,anual found with the installer but I did't find anything about how and where to pay

You found nothing about where to pay, even though the User Guide has a whole chapter entitled "Paying for FSUIPC4" starting on about page 3 and clearly listed in the Contents list? How could you possibly miss it?

Pete

Hi , thanks for the reply.

I downolad it from a link on simmarket on the fsuipc4 product page under " Downolad and delivery " on note number 1 there is a link to downolad it.

The pdf file that I found is : Installing and Registering and about page 3 there is nothing clearly saying haw to pay it! while the page 4 is about how Entering registration Details and page 3 is how to install it, with a total of 4 pages.

I can operate those things with a mouse in fsx, is th esame thing?

Thank you

I downolad it from a link on simmarket on the fsuipc4 product page under " Downolad and delivery " on note number 1 there is a link to downolad it.

Ah, that must be a link to the Schiratti site I mentioned. It is there as a convenience.

But that product page is where you BUY the registration key. That's the whole point of that page!

The pdf file that I found is : Installing and Registering and about page 3 there is nothing clearly saying haw to pay it!

No, because that is just about installing, and registering if you already have a key. The user guide is installed for you by the Installer, and if you (please!) read the Installation Guide it does clearly tell you this, right near the beginning, on page 1!

I can operate those things with a mouse in fsx, is th esame thing?

No, a mouse is quite different from a keyboard. Key presses are from the keys on keyboards.

Pete

I kept pushing the button " buy now " for half an hour but nothing happened and thats why I posted here. if you can, please try as well so I know if there is a problem on my computer or not.

Sorry, I am not really anything to do with SimMarket. Please raise a Problem Ticket there. I must say I've never heard of any similar problem being reported. It would be serrious for SimMarket if no one could buy any of the thousands of products!

Regards

Pete

The "buy now" key only adds the product to your basket. If you look at the top right corner of the screen, you will see the contents of your shopping cart and the "checkout" button. You need to click that to begin the payment process.

Ian P.

The "buy now" key only adds the product to your basket. If you look at the top right corner of the screen, you will see the contents of your shopping cart and the "checkout" button. You need to click that to begin the payment process.

Ian P.

Yes indeed . thank you.

So basically I can ( with the full pay version of fsuipc ) set on my keyboard any buttons that works with mouse in fsx but once done this I can not set up those buttons on my hotar is that right?

I

So basically I can ( with the full pay version of fsuipc ) set on my keyboard any buttons that works with mouse in fsx but once done this I can not set up those buttons on my hotar is that right?

Sorry, I don't understand any of that.

You really do need to separate "keyboard" and "mouse" to start with. You seem to be very confused over those terms. They are two different devices on your computer -- to be sure we are both talking about the same things, the keyboard is the device in front of your computer which has lots of keys marker with "Q W E R T Y", or "A Z E R T Y" etc. The mouse is something separate that you move about on your desk to move the little pointer on screen, with buttons (left, right, maybe centre) you can press to select things.

Buttons can be assigned to send controls to FS, or to send key presses to FS. Both of those are facilities in FSUIPC. If you want to use buttons to operate mouse movements and mouse clicks you need different software, such as "key2mouse", which allows you to make keyboard presses operate the mouse actions.

Pete

Sorry, I don't understand any of that.

You really do need to separate "keyboard" and "mouse" to start with. You seem to be very confused over those terms. They are two different devices on your computer -- to be sure we are both talking about the same things, the keyboard is the device in front of your computer which has lots of keys marker with "Q W E R T Y", or "A Z E R T Y" etc. The mouse is something separate that you move about on your desk to move the little pointer on screen, with buttons (left, right, maybe centre) you can press to select things.

Buttons can be assigned to send controls to FS, or to send key presses to FS. Both of those are facilities in FSUIPC. If you want to use buttons to operate mouse movements and mouse clicks you need different software, such as "key2mouse", which allows you to make keyboard presses operate the mouse actions.

Pete

Ok, sorry...English is not my first language, so I think I espressed my self really badly. I know the difference between keyboard and mouse! Ok lets make it simple...

for example: My aircraft has 2 fuel pumps. Thay CANNOT be activate with any buttons on my keyboard because if I go into my fsx, settings, controls, buttons keys, ther's nothing about the fuel pumps and so I cannot assign this command on my keyboard.

The only way that I can use them is to point with the mouse ( which is the little pointer on my screen) to the fuel pump switches, ( ONCE IN A COCKPIT ) and click with the left button on my mouse to put fuel pumps on or off.

Now my question is:

With fsuipc can I assign the fuel pump function on my keyboard? For example : letter A on my keyboard to put fuel pump on, and letter S on my keyboard to put fuel pump off.

I cannot make any clear than that, so if is still bad written apologize.

My aircraft has 2 fuel pumps. Thay CANNOT be activate with any buttons on my keyboard because if I go into my fsx, settings, controls, buttons keys, ther's nothing about the fuel pumps and so I cannot assign this command on my keyboard.

Didn't you find the FS controls called "toggle elect fuel pump ..."? There are 5 of them -- a generic one for all pumps and four separate ones, for each engine. They are certainly in the assignment drop-downs and listed in the "List of FSX controls" installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder.

One way of determining whether there is an assignable control is to enable Event logging in FSUIPC (on the Logging tab). Then, in FS, operate the switch - with a mouse - and then look in the FSUIPC log file to see what Event was logged. If there was none logged then you are right, there's no direct FS control for that operation.

If you run FSX in Windowed mode (albeit temporarily) you can enable FSUIPC's console log window too so you can see immediately on screen what is happening.

The only way that I can use them is to point with the mouse ( which is the little pointer on my screen) to the fuel pump switches, ( ONCE IN A COCKPIT ) and click with the left button on my mouse to put fuel pumps on or off.

Now my question is:

With fsuipc can I assign the fuel pump function on my keyboard?

Since I don't know the aircraft at all (the "Carenado Bonanza F33" I think you said?) I cannot really say. I cannot test every aircraft there is out there. You have to see for yourself whether any of the documented techniques will work for it. These include:

FS controls: as already mentioned. These are sometimes applied by third party aircraft makers, but sadly not enough. Worth a try first, for sure.

Mouse macros: these are usually successful on C/C++ written gauges, but many new aircraft for FSX use XML or other techniques instead, so success is doubtful for newer aircraft.

L:Vars ("Local Variables"): these are more and more successful now, as aircraft gauges are written in XML in particular.

The FSUIPC documentation covers these topics, but after you've researched it a bit, if you still have questions by all means ask. But bear in mind I cannot actually do the work of investigating your aircraft. You could visit the "User Contributions" subforum for help too. I just looked and whilst there's no contributions (yet) for that aircraft, there's plenty of examples about what can be done. In fact if (or I should say when) you succeed perhaps you could post your solution as a thread there too?

The other place to look must surely be the Carenado support forum. Others may have already asked similar questions there and been answered.

Regards

Pete