The simFlight Network Forums

Turning Off Jetway Animations

awwise

Ok, I've looked in the various manuals and I still can't find how to do this in V5.3a. Surely it can't be that difficult - can someone please tell me the simplest way to get rid of the jetway animations?

Thanks very much...

Yea although it takes away a little eye candy when at the airport, there is a massive performance improvement at heavier traffic settings.

Windows Start Button> All Programs> MyTraffic X> Manage Aircraft Config> remove check mark from "Enable Exits for Ground Animation" > finally click on "For All My Traffic Aircraft".

Ok, I think then that I've found my first problem. 'Manage Aircraft Config' does not appear as an option under the 'My Traffic X' options from the Windows Start menu program list.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised to discover that I have a corrupted 5.3a installation. I'd first attempted to update to 5.3a from the My Traffic Communicator interface. It seemed to work ok and I then enabed the strobe lights option, whereupon I begin suffering repeated ntdll.dll crashes after anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours into each and every single flight. I think I then reinstalled 5.3a (not doing any kind of uninstall first) using the download zip file.

It too seemed to install OK and the crashes went away and all was hunky dory again, I haven't bothered with the strobe lighting this time - all I really want is the traffic I'm supposed to have and a stable system and I'm happy. And yes, I'm sure the animations do eat up CPU cycles; cycles I'd prefer to be handling aircraft traffic at large and busy airports.

So... any suggestions on how to proceed from this point to be able to do away with the animations? I guess I'm looking at an uninstall then reinstall of 5.3a?

Thanks very much again,

Woody

The 'Manage Aircraft Config' file is comprised of two files located in your MyTraffic\Aircraft folder:

1. acf.txt

2. Manage_Aircraft_Config.exe

If you have both files above double click the Manage_Aircraft_Config.exe to launch it.

Mike

I'm not quiet certain what you have installed currently, since the config tool is as well available from the Communicator as from the start menu as from just the double click as explained above. If you want to be certain to use the new models, maybe edit the MyTraffic\aircraft\A320MX\aircraft.cfg file and check that the fourthe line is

model=HighFSX-V2500

I'm not quiet certain what you have installed currently, since the config tool is as well available from the Communicator as from the start menu as from just the double click as explained above. If you want to be certain to use the new models, maybe edit the MyTraffic\aircraft\A320MX\aircraft.cfg file and check that the fourthe line is

model=HighFSX-V2500

I surely have a problem - the MyTraffic\aircraft folder contains only specific aircraft type folders, no individual files at all and, the fourth line of the A320MX\aircraft.cfg file reads 'model=FSX-V2500'. I know I must have some sort of corrupted version of 5.3a installed because Communicator offers the features (e.g. strobe lights) particular to 5.3a.

So I guess the question now is how to uninstall and reinstall 53a?

Thank you.

I surely have a problem - the MyTraffic\aircraft folder contains only specific aircraft type folders, no individual files at all and, the fourth line of the A320MX\aircraft.cfg file reads 'model=FSX-V2500'. I know I must have some sort of corrupted version of 5.3a installed because Communicator offers the features (e.g. strobe lights) particular to 5.3a.

So I guess the question now is how to uninstall and reinstall 53a?

Thank you.

Just run the 53a update again. It looks like you reverted to 5.3 by some means.

• 2 weeks later...

Just run the 53a update again. It looks like you reverted to 5.3 by some means.

OK, I just got around to running the 53a update again and it appears to have worked. The fourth line in the .cfg file is correctly there, I followed the instructions above and the jetway animations appear to be gone.

BUT, I'm also back to constant and routine crashes of FSX. I.e., I cannot complete a single flight without an eventual CTD. Whereas as without 53a my system is extremely stable and I do not crash, period.

How do I go about getting back to a pre-53a version? Is it as simple as uninstalling the update from ADD/REMOVE in control panel?

Thanks,

Woody

OK, I just got around to running the 53a update again and it appears to have worked. The fourth line in the .cfg file is correctly there, I followed the instructions above and the jetway animations appear to be gone.

BUT, I'm also back to constant and routine crashes of FSX. I.e., I cannot complete a single flight without an eventual CTD. Whereas as without 53a my system is extremely stable and I do not crash, period.

How do I go about getting back to a pre-53a version? Is it as simple as uninstalling the update from ADD/REMOVE in control panel?

Thanks,

Woody

You cannot uninstall addons to FSX. If you do this once, and do not really understand what you are doing, your FSX MUST crash, no way around this.

The best way is to delete the MyTraffic folder and run 5.3 installer again.

Where do you observe crashes?

Did you apply the Patch to 5.3a?

You cannot uninstall addons to FSX. If you do this once, and do not really understand what you are doing, your FSX MUST crash, no way around this.

The best way is to delete the MyTraffic folder and run 5.3 installer again.

Where do you observe crashes?

Did you apply the Patch to 5.3a?

OK, I'll try deleting the MTX folder and rerunning 53a. I normally fly airliner flights between various and random American cities. The crashes occur anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours into any given flight. And yes I ran the executable of the 949249 zipped file against a previous execution of 53a (which as I previously stated was probably corrupted).

Thanks.

OK, I'll try deleting the MTX folder and rerunning 53a. I normally fly airliner flights between various and random American cities. The crashes occur anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours into any given flight. And yes I ran the executable of the 949249 zipped file against a previous execution of 53a (which as I previously stated was probably corrupted).

Thanks.

I referred ti the Patches, not the update.

Background is that this fixes something strange with the Canadian Air Force C130 that may have produced instabilities on a few systems, while no problem on many others.

I referred ti the Patches, not the update.

Background is that this fixes something strange with the Canadian Air Force C130 that may have produced instabilities on a few systems, while no problem on many others.

Still having crash problems. And 99% of my AI A/C are now black and doing very wierd ground and air maneuvers, oftentimes in formation such as taxing backwards. And I have no \MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder, just a \Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Aircraft foder. I'm just getting more and more hosed...

Still having crash problems. And 99% of my AI A/C are now black and doing very wierd ground and air maneuvers, oftentimes in formation such as taxing backwards. And I have no \MyTrafficAircraftInstallers folder, just a \Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\Aircraft foder. I'm just getting more and more hosed...

So just must have done some actions you were not told to do...

a) delete the complete <FSX>\MyTraffic folder

B) Run the 5.3installer, MTXV53 again.

Start FSX and verify everything works as it should.

c) then install the 5.3a update and apply the patches to 5.3a as instructed in the above post.

So just must have done some actions you were not told to do...

a) delete the complete <FSX>\MyTraffic folder

B) Run the 5.3installer, MTXV53 again.

Start FSX and verify everything works as it should.

c) then install the 5.3a update and apply the patches to 5.3a as instructed in the above post.

I tried to follow directions as precisely as possible but who knows... ;-)

What I have done since is to delete completely the MyTraffic folder from within the FSX directory and then ran the the MTX52 (yes the the 5.2) intsllalation.

The black AI model are gone, there are no more wierd AI maneuvers and I'm back to rock-solid system stability.

I'm think I just going to go with 5.2 a little longer - maybe when I'm feeling adventurous I'll try 5.3 again but as I said, the stability is most important to me.

Thanks for all your help.

Woody

I tried to follow directions as precisely as possible but who knows... ;-)

What I have done since is to delete completely the MyTraffic folder from within the FSX directory and then ran the the MTX52 (yes the the 5.2) intsllalation.

The black AI model are gone, there are no more wierd AI maneuvers and I'm back to rock-solid system stability.

I'm think I just going to go with 5.2 a little longer - maybe when I'm feeling adventurous I'll try 5.3 again but as I said, the stability is most important to me.

Thanks for all your help.

Woody

Can it be you applied the 5.3a update to version 5.2? Then you missed a lot in between, 5.3a is an update to 5.3, which is a full installer and widely different to to the 5.2 versions 5.2, 5.2a and 5.2b...

Can it be you applied the 5.3a update to version 5.2? Then you missed a lot in between, 5.3a is an update to 5.3, which is a full installer and widely different to to the 5.2 versions 5.2, 5.2a and 5.2b...

Now that you mention it, it's entirely likely that I did inadvertently miss the 5.2 & 5.3 upgrades.

I've already started looking for the 5.2 a & b, but am having difficulty finding them, or, the referenced links don't work. Came across a post about a new version of Communicator that's suppose to help with the upgrades but I can't get it to install properly.

If you could tell me - do I need 52a, 52b, 53 and then 53a all in that order and point me in a general direction as to where to obtain the needed files?

And I promise to pay a little more attention to this forum in the future... ;-)

Thanks.

Now that you mention it, it's entirely likely that I did inadvertently miss the 5.2 & 5.3 upgrades.

I've already started looking for the 5.2 a & b, but am having difficulty finding them, or, the referenced links don't work. Came across a post about a new version of Communicator that's suppose to help with the upgrades but I can't get it to install properly.

If you could tell me - do I need 52a, 52b, 53 and then 53a all in that order and point me in a general direction as to where to obtain the needed files?

And I promise to pay a little more attention to this forum in the future... ;-)

Thanks.

MyTraffic comes in generations, major versions and minor versions.

MyTraffic 5 is the leading AI addon for FSX. MyTraffic 6 will be the leading AI addon for Flight!, if Flight! allows for AI addons.

Major versions come every 18-24 months. They are full packages always, containing a lot of new structures and technology, and are available through Sommarket for a small update price, typically 1/3 of the normal price, for all MyTraffic 5 users who bought it from Simmarket.

Minor versions are incremental updates to the majors which come out every approx 6-8 months, and are available for free.

So the majority of MyTraffic users purchase a 1/3 price update every approximately 2 years, so about 50-70 Euro cent per month, and get the incremental updates in betwwen for free. Using this model, I can concentrate on this product only, create ever better versions, and the users can keep their installs up to date.

Once a new major version is out, the support for the elder ones reduces to providing the patches ( which correct bugs found by the users ), the support on the forum and the strong rebate for the actual version.