The simFlight Network Forums

Issue with STB3 and PMDG Md11

Flapsup

Hi Simon,

Upgraded to version 3 last week, and really impressed with STB's makeover. I do have a number of issues that I thought I should tell you about.

1. When using STB (on networked PC using Wide FS) and PMDG MD11 as my aircraft, STB will lock up usually within 20 mins from departing from the gate. Never while stationary. When STB does freeze, then my computer running fsx locks up, and only a one finger salute will get me out of it. STB locks up first, then fsx about a minute later.

Please note, this only happens with the MD11. All other payware planes work fine like LVLD, PMDG 747X etc.

I also run ASE and RCv4 through Wide FS, but this happens even with them disabled.

I will test again tommorow with a "Trace" and post results.

Ai used is UT2 and running well, on fsx and STB.

2. Configuring User Aircraft,it won't let me change some parameters, for example, from Fuelling to Boarding or final Call. When you press Save, it reverts back to Fuelling.

3. User aircraft registration displaying wrong info as well, for example, the plane I used today was ZK-NCI, but STB reported it as N45696Z. I checked the aircraft cfg and ZK-NCI was there, but no mention of the number STB was displaying.

4 User aircraft not displaying type of flight, cargo or Pax, just blank. Even when I try to force that in the settings

Is there something in my settings I need to change, I may have missed ?

Many thanks

Julian

W7 64 FSX SP2 Fsuipc 4.644 WFS 6.838 i5 2.8 ghz 8gb Trancend DDR3 dual channel 1 TB dedicated FSX drive, and nothing installed in the dreaded program files (x86)

UAC turned off.

Edited by Flapsup

Hi Julian,

Let's see what we can do about these.

1) How long do you sit at the gate prior to departure in the MD11? I know it can be along time if you follow the tutorial and allow all the systems to align in real time. Does the freeze occur when following similar procedures in other aircraft, and did you do the same thing in STB V2.3 and experience any problems? A trace will be helpful, and ensure you have both of the following stanzas including in your TrafficBoard.ini:

[Trace]

True

[Trace Flush]

True

2) Can you describe the steps used please?

3) I can check this situation in the trace produced from 1)

4) What callsign is your user aircraft using, and how do you have that callsign configured in the Objects tab of the settings notebook with the "Airlines" radio button. I'm not sure that will be a problem, but is the right place to start.

Thanks,

Simon

4) What callsign is your user aircraft using, and how do you have that callsign configured in the Objects tab of the settings notebook with the "Airlines" radio button. I'm not sure that will be a problem, but is the right place to start.

Don't worry about issue 4, that is a bug on my part. A fix will come in due course

Don't worry about issue 4, that is a bug on my part. A fix will come in due course

Hi Simon,

That's great you found the problem with user catagory. I think I found, well stumbled really, a corrupted FSX flight plan.

I think what happens, and I think this only applies to the PMDG MD11, is when you load a company flight plan in the FMC, it first looks in the PMDG flight plan folder, if it cannot find one it grabs the FSX one in the document/flightplans folder if there is one there. Which I think it did. The FP i placed in the pmdg fp folder had vanished into thin air..weird

The flight was RJAA to CYVR and was created using Vroute premium. When I tried again today, STB crashed, then FSX froze. I rebooted, and ran FSX again, except this time, I ran Radar Contact and loaded the flight plan and that crashed. With the error " flight plan bad header or bad number" so created a new flight plan and just completed the flight (9hours) and STB ran fine. I am guesing that flight plan was corrupted somehow. Had not expected that, as never struck that before.

The other issued regarding incorrect aircraft reg, have not been able to figure that one out. When I go into notebook settings/objects I cannot see where I can view user aircraft.

It only seems to be the level D 763 this is happening. The MD11 I flew tonight had correct reg number. The call sign I used in the lvld 763 was NZ742 (Air New Zealand). I got a bit lost in the settings / object page. Was not sure what to look for.

Issue # 2. User state values. If I try to change anything there, nothing changes on the status board. Example,from fueling to Go to gate. In the flight simulator state, it says Unknown. After I take off it says Departed. Whenever I start a flight, I always select a gate, not active runway.

Thanks for your help Simon, I really am enjoying this new version, it's great.

Cheers

Julian

Edited by Flapsup

The flight was RJAA to CYVR and was created using Vroute premium. When I tried again today, STB crashed, then FSX froze. I rebooted, and ran FSX again, except this time, I ran Radar Contact and loaded the flight plan and that crashed. With the error " flight plan bad header or bad number" so created a new flight plan and just completed the flight (9hours) and STB ran fine. I am guesing that flight plan was corrupted somehow. Had not expected that, as never struck that before.

Perhaps the STB hang is an early symptom of problems in FSX, where SimConnect is getting into trouble and starving the data supply to STB

The other issued regarding incorrect aircraft reg, have not been able to figure that one out. When I go into notebook settings/objects I cannot see where I can view user aircraft.

You won't see this in the settings notebook, only through the listing of the user flight on the board. A trace would be useful here, so I can see what value SimConnect is giving us.

Issue # 2. User state values. If I try to change anything there, nothing changes on the status board. Example,from fueling to Go to gate. In the flight simulator state, it says Unknown. After I take off it says Departed. Whenever I start a flight, I always select a gate, not active runway.

This dialogue is read only, and intended to give you insight into the information STB is using from FSX to determine the state of the aircraft. You can see how that translates in UserAircraftStates.xls in <STB install folder>\data. I recognise the need to be able to force a state, but want to avoid users having to do it at every step when the user aircraft situation is not as we would expect it to be. Suggestions are welcome here!