The simFlight Network Forums

Uncalibrateable axis since fsuipc update

next problem :blink:

since i updated from fsuipc 4.60a to 4.645

the throttle and mixture axis seemed to be a little off track

no big deal i thaught, so i went to axis calibration (which i already used before)

but now fsuipc doesnt seem to recognize any axis =/

yet in axis assignment they seem to get recognized

what can this be?

next problem :blink:

You have others? Without staying in thread I'm sorry but I cannot keep track of different folks' complaints!

since i updated from fsuipc 4.60a to 4.645

the throttle and mixture axis seemed to be a little off track

no big deal i thaught, so i went to axis calibration (which i already used before)

but now fsuipc doesnt seem to recognize any axis =/

Where are you looking?

yet in axis assignment they seem to get recognized

So it does recognise axes, even though you just said is doesn't? You seem confused. The calibration section only sees assigned axes. If oyu don't assign them in FS or FSUIPC you cannot calibrate them.

There's no difference between 4.60 and 4.645 or any in-between increments in any of that.

Pete

You have others? Without staying in thread I'm sorry but I cannot keep track of different folks' complaints!

im not complaining, its a masterpiece you have developed there, im rather looking for a solution :grin:

Where are you looking?

fsx 3d cockpit: when i push both throttles to full power, one goes full and the other only half

and basically the same problem with the mixture leavers

So it does recognise axes, even though you just said is doesn't? You seem confused. The calibration section only sees assigned axes. If oyu don't assign them in FS or FSUIPC you cannot calibrate them.

There's no difference between 4.60 and 4.645 or any in-between increments in any of that.

Pete

could it be that the axis assignments have dissapeared after the update?

ive just checked the axis assignments, and it seems the assignments have gone to dev-null :grin:

i can now actually see things moving in the calibration

just that even with calibration, things still seem jumpy

i set both min and max values for the used leavers, all without reverse zone

all slopes are on 0 and i tried it with and without filter

if i increase both mixture leavers, the right one moves smoothly, while the left one sort of hangs at the center and then jumps to the top when i reach the top

and the throttle behaves even stranger, first the right one moves faster, then arround the center the left leaver overtakes the right one, and just before max the right one takes the lead again :shock:

can be entertaining, but when trying to handle an aircraft its a pain :mrgreen:

fsx 3d cockpit: when i push both throttles to full power, one goes full and the other only half

and basically the same problem with the mixture leavers

Sounds like either bad calibration, or possibly assigned to different controls types. One set of axis controls (those starting "Axis ..." use the range -16k to +16k whilst the older set (just "xxx set") go from 0 to 16k. Maybe you've got FSX iterfering and assigning some you thought you'd assigned in FSUIPC?

I really cannot be more specific without seeing the Axes and JoystickCalibration sections of your INI file.

could it be that the axis assignments have dissapeared after the update?

Only if you "disappeared" them. Everything is in the FSUIPC4.INI file. No FSUIPC update touches that. And 4.645 was just you copying in a new DLL.

Regards

Pete