The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight MCP crashes after startup of ASE or REX weather

CBB

I have tried to resolve the following with Goflight, Project Magenta and Hi-Fi (Active Sky Evolution), but they cannot help and I was pointed in the direction of Pete Dowson who they say uses FSX and ASE and Goflight hardware.

> I am having a very odd problem with the start-up of my Goflight MCP. I start

> > up as follows:

> >

> > Open Magenta MCP (software visual of the MCP)

> > Open the Goflight DevFx bridge (the Goflight and Magenta MCPs show horizontal

> > dotted lines at this point)

> > Open Active Sky Evolution (weather downloads)

> > Open FSX

> > At this point I go into Free Flight, select the Project Opensky

> > 737-900 (I only fly this), select the time. Now if I select an

> > airport which is anything other than a gate or ramp at Bristol, UK, when the free

> > flight opens the Goflight MCP shows no numbers at all, it is

> > completely switched off. If I dial one of the knobs, values appear.

> > If I turn the altitude know it shows -99 and it is clear that the

> > MCP has crashed and is no longer communicating with the Magenta MCP.

> > Only way to cure this is to close down everything and restart the

> > PC and do the free flight starting from a Bristol, UK gate or ramp (closing FSX and

> > the Goflight software and re-opening them does not cure the

> > problem). Then I have to open the flight planner and move to the

> > selected start airport. This works but it is long-winded.

I do not have a problem if I run FSX without ASE or REX weather engines. If I load the flight in FSX free flight first, THEN load ASE, the problem does not occur.

> >

> > Any ideas on this? Seems to be weather-engine related. ASE said that they use Simconnect.

> >

> > Best

> > Charles

> >

> > Hardware/Software spec:

> >

> >

> > Server spec

> > CPU Intel E8600

> > Motherboard XFX 790i Ultra

> > Graphics BFG GTX 280 OC

> > Memory 4GB DDR3 1600

> > HD 300GB Velociraptor

> > O/S Vista Basic 64 bit

> >

> > I have the 3GB switch enabled

> >

> > Server contents

> > FSX + SP1 + SP2 – settings are around medium (water is 1x and very

> > low cars/ships/airport vehicles) and frame rates set at 50 (I get

> > frames rates of 25-40 although at a very detailed airport down to

> > 20-25)

> > FSUIPC 4 and WideFS 7

> > Project Magenta MCP and PMsounds

> > Goflight Software (to work the buttons and switches on the Goflight hardware)

> > Weather – Active Sky Evolution SP2

> > ATC - Radar Contact 4

> > Scenery - Ground Env Xtreme and Ultimate Terrain X and FSGenesis

> > World Terrain Mesh

> > Traffic X

> > Airplane – Project Opensky 737-900

> >

> > Client 1

> > Project Magenta Glass Cockpit (PFD)

> >

> > Client 2

> > Project Magenta Glass Cockpit (EICAS)

> >

> > Client 3

> > Project Magenta CDU

> >

> > Control hardware

> > Goflight MCP, throttle quadrant and Airliner system

> > PFC yoke and pedals

> ><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

I have tried to resolve the following with Goflight, Project Magenta and Hi-Fi (Active Sky Evolution), but they cannot help and I was pointed in the direction of Pete Dowson who they say uses FSX and ASE and Goflight hardware.

On FSX both GoFlight and ASE use SimConnect. I don't know how you are using the GoFlight MCP with Project Magenta. Whose driver?

I'm afraid that so far I cannot see anything I can help with. But if you are using FSUIPC, please always state version number -- and if earlier than 4.60, make sure you update. There's also a later version available in the Download Links sub-forum.

Pete

On FSX both GoFlight and ASE use SimConnect. I don't know how you are using the GoFlight MCP with Project Magenta. Whose driver?

[/size][/font]I'm afraid that so far I cannot see anything I can help with. But if you are using FSUIPC, please always state version number -- and if earlier than 4.60, make sure you update. There's also a later version available in the Download Links sub-forum.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I am running on my server (a) the Goflight MCP and driver and (b the Magenta MCP software (with the Magenta MCP graphic running in background). Within the Goflight driver there is an option for the MCP to select Project Magenta which I have done. This enables the Goflight MCP to communicate with the Magenta MCP, so that when I turn knobs, etc on the Goflight MCP, it turns the same in the Magenta MCP which then communicates with the rest of the Magenta setup I have (PFD/ND on client 1, EICAS on client 2 and CDÚ on client 3, all connected using WideFS 6.7.8

I have FSUIPC 4.57 on my server.

I should add that I don't remember having this problem with ASX, only with the REX and ASE weather engines.

Best

Charles

Edited by CBB

Thanks Pete. I am running on my server (a) the Goflight MCP and driver and (b the Magenta MCP software (with the Magenta MCP graphic running in background). Within the Goflight driver there is an option for the MCP to select Project Magenta which I have done. This enables the Goflight MCP to communicate with the Magenta MCP, so that when I turn knobs, etc on the Goflight MCP, it turns the same in the Magenta MCP which then communicates with the rest of the Magenta setup I have (PFD/ND on client 1, EICAS on client 2 and CDÚ on client 3, all connected using WideFS 6.7.8

I didn't realise GoFlight had made a driver for PM -- interesting. I was thinking of converting my GFdisplay version to a Lua implementation for the MCP, but it seems I don't need to after al!! Good! ;-)

I have FSUIPC 4.57 on my server.

Please update. I cannot support anything before 4.60, and next month I shall be moving on to 4.65 (same as the current 4.645) and then 4.60 won't be supported either.

I should add that I don't remember having this problem with ASX, only with the REX and ASE weather engines

I don't see how any AS or REX can have anything to do with it, unless its a clash somewhere in SimConnect.

Regards

Pete

I didn't realise GoFlight had made a driver for PM -- interesting. I was thinking of converting my GFdisplay version to a Lua implementation for the MCP, but it seems I don't need to after al!! Good! ;-)

Please update. I cannot support anything before 4.60, and next month I shall be moving on to 4.65 (same as the current 4.645) and then 4.60 won't be supported either.

I don't see how any AS or REX can have anything to do with it, unless its a clash somewhere in SimConnect.

Regards

Pete

Thanks, I'll wait until FSUIPC 4.65 is out next month, update and report back on whether the issue is resolved or not. In the meantime all is working ok by starting up FSX before ASE. Many thanks and very Happy 2011 :rolleyes: