The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
akarr

FSC 9.0 - Use with FSX in GPS - and - FMC Help Please

Hello...All

Newbie to FSX and FSC 9 ... Thanx in Advance...

I have bought and waiting for My Paid -- Copy...to arrive.....<grins> :)

I need a better explanation how to use FSC 9 with the GPS....and how to use FMC ( Flight Management Computer ).....

Using FSC 9.0

Trying to use with Boeing 737-800...

Will FSC 9 work directly with Autopilot in FSX...???

Or do I need to purchase the FMC Pack I, that works with FSX..

( Which is sold here on SimMarket by Friendly Panels ) .....??

!!! Please give a Step by Step Guide and/or Examples !!!

Thanx in Advance

Happy Holidays to All

CM

Hello...All

Newbie to FSX and FSC 9 ... Thanx in Advance...

I have bought and waiting for My Paid -- Copy...to arrive.....<grins> :)

I need a better explanation how to use FSC 9 with the GPS....and how to use FMC ( Flight Management Computer ).....

Using FSC 9.0

Trying to use with Boeing 737-800...

Will FSC 9 work directly with Autopilot in FSX...???

Or do I need to purchase the FMC Pack I, that works with FSX..

( Which is sold here on SimMarket by Friendly Panels ) .....??

!!! Please give a Step by Step Guide and/or Examples !!!

Thanx in Advance

Happy Holidays to All

CM

Hi CM,

I suggest that you read the manual which you can download from our website at www.fscommander.com . Incidentally, this is what we wrote the manual for.

Regards

Volker

• Upvote 1

Hi CM,

I suggest that you read the manual which you can download from our website at www.fscommander.com . Incidentally, this is what we wrote the manual for.

Regards

Volker

Volker...... Nice Professional Response...for Customer Help...

ie: RTFM

I would have thought you would take the question a little more seriously than that...

ie: ( Incidentally, this is what we wrote the manual for. )

I believe the important part of Volker's post is that you can read the manual - which contains all of the answers to your questions - while the product is still on its way to you; i.e. he is pointing out that it is available for download from their website.

FS Commander itself is not an FMC - it is primarily a flight planner with some other (usually very useful) features built on top. However it will not control your aircraft directly. In order to run a route with the default GPS, you will have to create the route using FSC, then export it to FSX format and load it inside the simulator as a route (through the Flight Planning page). In order to use it with a more complex FMS, such as that found in PMDG, Captain Sim, Level D, Wilco, etcetera products, you will need to export the route in that format from FSC if it is available and then load it into the FMS or, if not, enter the waypoints manually.

Ian P.

I believe the important part of Volker's post is that you can read the manual - which contains all of the answers to your questions - while the product is still on its way to you; i.e. he is pointing out that it is available for download from their website.

FS Commander itself is not an FMC - it is primarily a flight planner with some other (usually very useful) features built on top. However it will not control your aircraft directly. In order to run a route with the default GPS, you will have to create the route using FSC, then export it to FSX format and load it inside the simulator as a route (through the Flight Planning page). In order to use it with a more complex FMS, such as that found in PMDG, Captain Sim, Level D, Wilco, etcetera products, you will need to export the route in that format from FSC if it is available and then load it into the FMS or, if not, enter the waypoints manually.

Ian P.

Thank You.... Ian

That is a Lot Better Response to my Question....

Prior to asking the Original ? ...I did Look thru the Manual....

But had the question stated above...

about FMC and Flight Director