The simFlight Network Forums

Initial install won't work

jdhi

I've been advised to bring my problem to this forum rather than the general MyTraffic forum. I purchased MyTraffic LITE from simFlight a couple days ago. I ran the installer which indicated successful installation. I ran the "traffic_bgls" batch file as advised. I tried the ".passive" suffix without success.

Here's my traffic schedule:

List of AI traffic schedules

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\Mytrafficlite.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_177_WoA_Ultimate GA Gulfstream 4_Su07.bgl.passive

As you can see, I added .passive twice. I also tried it on each of these two files separately.

Still no aircraft.

Thanks

Jim

p.s. I was previously on the MyTraffic forum this morning, so my file is close to the top.

I've been advised to bring my problem to this forum rather than the general MyTraffic forum. I purchased MyTraffic LITE from simFlight a couple days ago. I ran the installer which indicated successful installation. I ran the "traffic_bgls" batch file as advised. I tried the ".passive" suffix without success.

Here's my traffic schedule:

List of AI traffic schedules

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\Mytrafficlite.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.passive

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_177_WoA_Ultimate GA Gulfstream 4_Su07.bgl.passive

As you can see, I added .passive twice. I also tried it on each of these two files separately.

Still no aircraft.

Thanks

Jim

p.s. I was previously on the MyTraffic forum this morning, so my file is close to the top.

Better continue up in the normal forum. Anncouncements are intended to be general informations. You have seen my reply inside the tool topic?

Next steps.

Is addon_scenery active in the scenery library? By default it is, but may have been disabled by you or another addon. Simple check: Move Mytrafficlite.bgl

into the Scenery\World\Scenery\ folder? If you see traffic now, the addon_scenery folder is not active.

Check if the MyTraffic folders are in simobjects\misc, as example A320MX. I have seen other addons that remove this folder from the fsx config file. Simple test again, move the A320MX over to simobjects\airplanes, if you see the A320 now at EDDF we know what is wrong there.

If both does not help, please remove for the moment the .passive form trafficAircraft.bgl.passive - if you see the Landmark and Co again at least we know your AI system is working at all.

If you see them, and the both above do not work, last idea I have in the moment is that by some means the Mytrafficlite.bgl has got damaged on your computer or during the download, in this case please contact again and I can look how to get the file to you on another way.