The simFlight Network Forums

FSX can't see/find FSUIPC4 Registered in win 7

I am very computer illiterate and very hesitant to ask for help. I recently upgraded to win7 on a new quad 4 pc, so I had to reinstall all of my programs, including FSX and registered FSUIPC 4. - which does not appear as an Addon (under the tab) in FSX, like it did on my old pc. Is there a max limit on how many times it can be installed/reinstalled?

I re purchased and re installed FSUIPC-4 for 36 euros (whatever that is in $) - thinking - 1 per customer. Still it does not appear as an Addon (under the tab). In other words FSUIPC is not visible to FSX.

... I had to reinstall all of my programs, including FSX and registered FSUIPC 4. - which does not appear as an Addon (under the tab) in FSX, like it did on my old pc. Is there a max limit on how many times it can be installed/reinstalled?

No, no limit on installs or number of PC you use it on. And it doesn't even have to be registered to be present in the Add-Ons menu. If it isn't appearing there then either it isn't installed correctly, or, more usually, there's a problem with SimConnect.

I need to see the Install log which you should find in the FSX Modules folder. Also look to see if there's a normal FSUIPC4.LOG file. Both are ordinary text files -- just paste them into a message here.

Regards

Pete

Thank you so very much for your very quick response! The key in your answer was "there's a problem with SimConnect"! With a little more research, I determined I had not installed Acceleration...Voila. Problem solved!

No, no limit on installs or number of PC you use it on. And it doesn't even have to be registered to be present in the Add-Ons menu. If it isn't appearing there then either it isn't installed correctly, or, more usually, there's a problem with SimConnect.

I need to see the Install log which you should find in the FSX Modules folder. Also look to see if there's a normal FSUIPC4.LOG file. Both are ordinary text files -- just paste them into a message here.

Regards

Pete

[/size]