The simFlight Network Forums

new install troubles

jdhi

I just updated MTXLite with MyTraffic Pro 5.3a with a download from simFlight. All went as advertised until I try to open FSX. I then get multiple (read LOTS) of applets saying the aircraft must have unique names. I closed them all the way through the Airbus files and I gave up and aborted FSX. I ran Patches53.exe, but same popups upon trying to open FSX.

Help

Thanks

Jim

I just updated MTXLite with MyTraffic Pro 5.3a with a download from simFlight. All went as advertised until I try to open FSX. I then get multiple (read LOTS) of applets saying the aircraft must have unique names. I closed them all the way through the Airbus files and I gave up and aborted FSX. I ran Patches53.exe, but same popups upon trying to open FSX.

Help

Thanks

Jim

Run the uninstaller for MyTrafficlite before you install the full version, or in this case after you installed it, should not touch the full version at all. If you install Lite and Full, it is trivial you have a lot of things twice.

I ran the uninstaller as suggested. The FSX booted OK, but said it couldn't find one scenery file... no big deal?? Anyway, I then went to the FSX scenery library and clicked the "Add" button, specified the MyTraffic folder and nothing happened. Is there a subfolder? I clicked "scenery" in MyTraffic, but it was empty.

I'm lost

Jim

I have no idea what I did, but it's now working.

Thanks

Jim

I assume you have Windows 7? A little search or reading the manual 5.3 or 5.3a would have helped you to find the peculiar of the W7 add scenery dialog that you have to click into a blank area.