The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to Make Runways or Compile Airports

DaveJM

Hi, I have been unable to either 'Make Runways' or be able to 'Compile Airports' I keep getting an error message similar to others posted ( I have been unable to either copy & paste this notice or to screen print it, so how others have is a mystery to me)

I have downloaded and run both the latest stb31_update1 and the latest version of the Make Runways exe, which I found a link to on an earlier post, but to no avail, the thing just keeps faulting.

I have run a Trace using the TrafficBoard ini, as per the instructions in the guide, but the out put document is a notepad doc of 7.4mb. Too large to attach on this forum I believe. Also, to me it is just a load of gobble de gook, don't understand a word of it.

I have now spent the best part of three days, trying to sort this out by un-installing & re-installing, trying various things by no joy, it still wont work.

The start of te her error message is as follows:....

EXCEPTION_WHILE_COMPILING_AIRPORTS:

An exception occurred while trying to compile a new airports database.

As a result of this error, the default airport database will be used. The default database does not contain flight schedules, airport data (runways and parking) or airport names you may have customized. This may result in incorrect flight numbers being displayed, incorrect departures schedules for aircraft moved to the stand by approach control, and flight distance data will be more limited.

The exception is: Length cannot be less than zero.

Parameter name: length

The stack trace is:

at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)

at FSObjects.AircraftTypeLookup.NormaliseTitle(String title) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftTypeLookup.cs:line 71

at FSObjects.AircraftTypeLookup.Add(String title, String aircraftType) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftTypeLookup.cs:line 93

at FSObjects.AircraftCompiler.AddToDatabase(COLLECTED_AIRCRAFT_DATA& allData) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftCompiler.cs:line 291

at FSObjects.AircraftCompiler.SearchAircraftFile(StreamReader sr) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftCompiler.cs:line 341

at FSObjects.AircraftCompiler.SearchAircraftFile() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftCompiler.cs:line 311

at FSObjects.AircraftCompiler.SearchAircraftFolder(String folder) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftCompiler.cs:line 253

at FSObjects.AircraftCompiler.SearchSimObjects(String path, String fsInstallPath) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftCompiler.cs:line 232

at FSObjects.AircraftCompiler.Compile() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AircraftCompiler.cs:line 196

at FSObjects.AirportCompiler.LoadAircraft() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 596

at FSObjects.AirportCompiler.PerformCompileSteps() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 193

at FSObjects.AirportCompiler.Compile() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 Fix 1\FSObjects\FSObjects\AirportCompiler.cs:line 159

08/01/2011 15:36:45.146: Watchdog reports the UT2 service state is now:Opened, previous:Opened

08/01/2011 15:36:55.146: Watchdog reports the UT2 service state is now:Opened, previous:Opened

08/01/2011 15:37:02.688: Ut2AiDataAvailable: Running on thread 1

08/01/2011 15:37:02.688: Ut2AiDataAvailable: Starting Cache Agent to process new UT2 Flight Data.

08/01/2011 15:37:02.688: Ut2CacheAgent_DoWork: Started on thread 100. Ut2 Airborne Flight 57, Ut2 Ground Flights 129, Weekly Slider 100, Daily Slider 0.

08/01/2011 15:37:02.688: Ut2CacheAgent_DoWork: UT2 Database not available, run time data from UT2 discarded.

08/01/2011 15:37:02.688: Ut2CacheAgent_WorkComplete: Updating incomplete flightData on the board, threadId 1.

08/01/2011 15:37:02.688: Ut2CacheAgent_WorkComplete: Marking UT2 Flight Data as consumed.

08/01/2011 15:37:02.688: Ut2CacheAgent_WorkComplete: Cleared UT2Cache as board is now disconnected.

08/01/2011 15:37:05.147: Watchdog reports the UT2 service state is now:Opened, previous:Opened

08/01/2011 15:37:05.915: CompilationManager.WorkComplete()

08/01/2011 15:37:05.915: AirportCompilationEnded(): Finished

08/01/2011 15:37:05.920: DisplayBoxMsg: Deleting old STB Flight Plans

08/01/2011 15:37:05.920: Looking for temporary flight plans in C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files using pattern _SuperTrafficBoard.*.pln

08/01/2011 15:37:05.921: DisplayBoxMsg: Connecting to Flight Simulator, please wait.

08/01/2011 15:37:05.944: Making a new FS Connection.

08/01/2011 15:37:05.944: Mapped View AI Camera to HotKeySelect 5

08/01/2011 15:37:05.945: Connected to Flight Simulator.

08/01/2011 15:37:05.945: SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObject(dataRequest:PERIODIC_SIGNAL, dataDefinition:NOW_TIME, fsObjectId:#0#, SIMCONNECT_PERIOD.SECOND, SIMCONNECT_DATA_REQUEST_FLAG.CHANGED, 0, 0, 0), seedFirstValue:True

08/01/2011 15:37:05.945: SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObject(dataRequest:TIME_ZONE_UPDATES, dataDefinition:TIME_ZONE, fsObjectId:#0#, SIMCONNECT_PERIOD.SECOND, SIMCONNECT_DATA_REQUEST_FLAG.CHANGED, 0, 0, 0), seedFirstValue:False

08/01/2011 15:37:05.945: SimConnect.RequestSystemState(SIMULATOR_STATE, Sim)

08/01/2011 15:37:05.945: SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObject(StbSimConnect.DATA_REQUESTS.CRASH_DETECTION, StbSimConnect.DATA_DEFINITIONS.CRASH_DETECTION, SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER, SIMCONNECT_PERIOD.ONCE, SIMCONNECT_DATA_REQUEST_FLAG.DEFAULT, 0, 0, 0

08/01/2011 15:37:05.946: FsActivateUserSubscriptions()

08/01/2011 15:37:05.946: SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObject(dataRequest:USER_AIRCRAFT_DATA_UPDATES, dataDefinition:USER_AIRCRAFT_DESCRIPTION_UPDATE, fsObjectId:#0#, SIMCONNECT_PERIOD.SECOND, SIMCONNECT_DATA_REQUEST_FLAG.CHANGED, 0, 0, 0), seedFirstValue:False

08/01/2011 15:37:05.946: SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObject(dataRequest:USER_AIRCRAFT_VECTOR_UPDATES, dataDefinition:USER_AIRCRAFT_VECTOR_UPDATE, fsObjectId:#0#, SIMCONNECT_PERIOD.SECOND, SIMCONNECT_DATA_REQUEST_FLAG.CHANGED, 0, 0, 0), seedFirstValue:True

08/01/2011 15:37:05.946: SimConnect.RequestDataOnSimObject(dataRequest:USER_C

Can anybody please help me with this problem?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

The error you are reporting is occurring in "compile airport database", so let's work that one first. Your problem is different to the others reported here and it appears to be something to do with an aircraft definition. What that is or which one cannot be determined from the exception message, and this is where the trace comes in. While it won't mean a lot to you as you don't have the source code, it will mean a lot to me! Please zip it and either email it or attatch it here please.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried attaching the zipped Trace info, but I get an error stating that "the file was to big to upload" therefore I have emailed it , please see what you can do with it.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

The error you are reporting is occurring in "compile airport database", so let's work that one first. Your problem is different to the others reported here and it appears to be something to do with an aircraft definition. What that is or which one cannot be determined from the exception message, and this is where the trace comes in. While it won't mean a lot to you as you don't have the source code, it will mean a lot to me! Please zip it and either email it or attatch it here please.

Thanks

Simon