The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS tweak

Hallo to everyone!

Dear Peter Dowson!

I just have a question belonging to WideFS.

Right now i am testing some hardware running on a WideFS computer. I was wondering if it is possible to tweak the WideFS Client in a way that it aims the FS is running and Battery is on?

The test of the hardware takes a while and right now i need to have my FS always running on a different computer to see if the hardware switches on.

It would be great to tweak my WideFS client in a way that i dont have to run my FS computer.

Is that possible?

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Klaus Troemer

Right now i am testing some hardware running on a WideFS computer. I was wondering if it is possible to tweak the WideFS Client in a way that it aims the FS is running and Battery is on?

Sorry, I'm not sure I know what you mean. "aims the FS is running and Battery is on"?

The test of the hardware takes a while and right now i need to have my FS always running on a different computer to see if the hardware switches on.

It would be great to tweak my WideFS client in a way that i dont have to run my FS computer.

What is it that you expect WideFS to do without talking to FS? Do you mean to have a sort of test program for your hardware? How is it connected? Is it a normal joystick type connection with buttons you program in FS, or is it a special device with a serial COM or USB link to the PC?

Is that possible?

COM and HID devices can be read and written to by Lua plug-ins, and WideClient supports almost all of the same Lua library facilities as FSUIPC. To have WideClient load and run a Lua program before FS is connected it has to be saved in the same folder as WideClient with the name "Initial.Lua".

WideClient Lua doesn't support the Joystick buttons testing facilities which are present in the FSUIPC Lua library. This is because those facilities are oriented around the assigned joystick numbers used in FSUIPC, of which WideClient is not aware. So if your hardware is based around a normal joystick connection you'd need to deal with them as for other HID hardware, using the HID comms facilities in the COM library. The same would apply to axes.

If your hardware is based on Keyboard encoders, then, again, they are HID devices and can be treated through the HID aspects of the COM library.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, I'm not sure I know what you mean. "aims the FS is running and Battery is on"?

What is it that you expect WideFS to do without talking to FS? Do you mean to have a sort of test program for your hardware? How is it connected? Is it a normal joystick type connection with buttons you program in FS, or is it a special device with a serial COM or USB link to the PC?

COM and HID devices can be read and written to by Lua plug-ins, and WideClient supports almost all of the same Lua library facilities as FSUIPC. To have WideClient load and run a Lua program before FS is connected it has to be saved in the same folder as WideClient with the name "Initial.Lua".

WideClient Lua doesn't support the Joystick buttons testing facilities which are present in the FSUIPC Lua library. This is because those facilities are oriented around the assigned joystick numbers used in FSUIPC, of which WideClient is not aware. So if your hardware is based around a normal joystick connection you'd need to deal with them as for other HID hardware, using the HID comms facilities in the COM library. The same would apply to axes.

If your hardware is based on Keyboard encoders, then, again, they are HID devices and can be treated through the HID aspects of the COM library.

Regards

Pete

Hallo Pete!

The hardware i am testing is a old FDS G1 board.

I try to use it to install a dummy Cabin Altitude and Landing Altitude indication for my 737 overhead.

I have successfully installed the FDS G1 to a computer and it is working well. The problem is that when WideFS is not sending a FS running and Battery on information, my hardware wont light up too.

So i would like to tweak the WideFS in a way that it is sending a steady information that the FS is runing and battery is on.

Sounds a bit difficult but i dont want to buy extra expensive hardware for my overhead to aim this indication.

I just need to tell PM Software via WideFS that the FS is running and Battery is on. Even the computer is not in a network and connected to the FS PC,i could use the hardware.

I hope i could have explaned it well, sorry for my poor english

Kind regards

Klaus

The hardware i am testing is a old FDS G1 board.

Sorry, but I've no idea what that is.

I have successfully installed the FDS G1 to a computer and it is working well. The problem is that when WideFS is not sending a FS running and Battery on information, my hardware wont light up too.

So i would like to tweak the WideFS in a way that it is sending a steady information that the FS is runing and battery is on.

You might be able to do it by "fiddling" the appropriate offsets, writing to them in a Lua plugin called "Initial.lua".

I just need to tell PM Software via WideFS that the FS is running and Battery is on.

You are running PM software too, without FS running? On the same client PC? That gets more complex. You might have to ask the PM support folks whether it can be done. If you don't need the PM software running then you could probably get away with just fiddling the offsets you need, via Lua.

Regards

Pete