The simFlight Network Forums

Accessing simMarket

I have a strange problem. I just got FSX for christmas and am trying to register FSUIPC. Every time I use a link to go to simMarket to do so, I am redirected to the US CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) website. I can't access simMarket at all. Do you have any ideas why?

Sorry, no. It works fine here. simMarket is run by the same folks who provide these Forums. This link should take you direct to their main page:

http://secure.simmar...default-en.html

If not I can only suggest you either check with your ISP or check your own PC for some sort of virus or trojan infection.

Regards

Pete

That does sound like malware of some description, as Pete says.

What happens if you open a command window (hold down the windows key next to left Alt and press r) and type "tracert www.simmarket.com"?

Ian P.

I talked to someone from my ISP (Cavalier Telephone) and they couldn't figure out what was going on. They suggested that your server is redirecting me based on my IP. Also, he found someone else with the same problem not far from me. He theorized that this guy might also be using the same server as him. The link is:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=44751&page=1

If that is the case (it's still worth scanning with Malwarebytes or something to make sure) then the problem is that your DNS (Domain Naming Service) tables are wrong. These are usually supplied automatically by your ISP, but you can change them in your computer's network settings to use a different service, which might actually work correctly.

I've never used it, but one I've seen mentioned a lot is OpenDNS. A quick Google search has turned up this rather useful page, which explains exactly how to change you change it: http://use.opendns.com/

Might be worth trying?

Cheers,

Ian P.

If that is the case (it's still worth scanning with Malwarebytes or something to make sure) then the problem is that your DNS (Domain Naming Service) tables are wrong. These are usually supplied automatically by your ISP, but you can change them in your computer's network settings to use a different service, which might actually work correctly.

I've never used it, but one I've seen mentioned a lot is OpenDNS. A quick Google search has turned up this rather useful page, which explains exactly how to change you change it: http://use.opendns.com/

Might be worth trying?

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks for takng the time to help me out. I scanned with Malwarebytes with no infection and I used open DNS and it still redirected me to cia.gov. Should I contact simmarket directly? Does anyone have an email for them since I can't get on their website?

Mark

I just went to a doughnut/coffee shop near my home in Philly with free wifi and was able to get on simmarket on my same netbook with no problem. I placed my order for FSUIPC from here, but I will still not be able to get onto simmarket.com from my home. Does this mean that simmarket is blocking Cavalier Telephone?

Mark

I just went to a doughnut/coffee shop near my home in Philly with free wifi and was able to get on simmarket on my same netbook with no problem. I placed my order for FSUIPC from here, but I will still not be able to get onto simmarket.com from my home. Does this mean that simmarket is blocking Cavalier Telephone?

Likely the opposite - something messed up with your ISP.

Cheers!

Luke

• 4 months later...

I have the found the problem. My linksys router is causing this. If I connect directly to the cable modem, issue is resolved. Reseting the router to factory defaults does ot work. I have an old router (WRT54G). Will my a new one in the future.

Bill