The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic 5.3 Pro Cripples FSC 9

bobthepilot

When I install MyTraffic 5.3 and rebuild my FSC 9 database and I try to connect to FSX by FSC cannot find any traffic. It sends me to lat/long 0. Before I install My Traffic FSC works fine. If I uninstall My Traffic it works fine. But not with My Traffic installed.

I would very much like to use My Traffic with FSC 9.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bob

When I install MyTraffic 5.3 and rebuild my FSC 9 database and I try to connect to FSX by FSC cannot find any traffic. It sends me to lat/long 0. Before I install My Traffic FSC works fine. If I uninstall My Traffic it works fine. But not with My Traffic installed.

I would very much like to use My Traffic with FSC 9.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Bob

Since MyTraffic uses only standard FSX methods, the problem seems to be with FSC. Maybe as simple as they did not provide big enough arrays for 5000 aircraft?

As a simple test, just pull all but one MyTraffic aircraft folders out of the MyTraffic\aircraft folder somewhere outside of it, if it works then it should be simple for them to fix this.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your reply.

I tried you suggestion. Removed all but one aircraft from MYTRAFFIC scenery. Rebuild FSC database. Run FSX. Run FSC. Connect to FSX.

The results were the same -- my aircraft was sent to lat/long 0.

Only when I remove MyTraffic does FSC work.

Any other ideas? I really want to use MyTraffic.

Thanks again.

Since MyTraffic uses only standard FSX methods, the problem seems to be with FSC. Maybe as simple as they did not provide big enough arrays for 5000 aircraft?

As a simple test, just pull all but one MyTraffic aircraft folders out of the MyTraffic\aircraft folder somewhere outside of it, if it works then it should be simple for them to fix this.

Here is more of what I have learned. Perhaps it will provide a clue.

When I UNCHECK MyTraffic in SCENERY SETTINGS, FSC works. If I CHECK MyTraffic, FSC does not work.

When I run UIPCHELLO when MyTraffic is CHECKED the FS Clock is 00:00:00. When I run UIPCHELLO when MyTraffic is UNCHECKED FS Clock shows time.

If I decide not to run FSC on the same computer:

When I UNCHECK MyTraffic my WideClient connects with FSX on the SERVER computer. When I CHECK MyTraffic my WideClient cannot connect.

Hopefully, this will spark an idea!

Thanks.

I have disabled WideClient with no change in findings.

Thanks.

So it is something in the scenery folder? There are only two things: airports and Ai schedules. All in FSX data Format, all prodiced with FSX SP2 SDK, pure FSX code.

First step: Remove the 4 schedules from MyTraffic\scenery folder: ( MyTrafficCommercial.bgl, ... ). Does it work now? Then FSC 9 has a problem with the sheer amount of schedules? But never heared about it.

If it does not help, then it must be the an incompatibility with some file in there. I would also remove all the files starting with c and beyond as next step, maybe there is a clash with the effects used by some the files with some on your computer, a same GUId used twice, whatever.

So it is something in the scenery folder? There are only two things: airports and Ai schedules. All in FSX data Format, all prodiced with FSX SP2 SDK, pure FSX code.

First step: Remove the 4 schedules from MyTraffic\scenery folder: ( MyTrafficCommercial.bgl, ... ). Does it work now? Then FSC 9 has a problem with the sheer amount of schedules? But never heared about it.

If it does not help, then it must be the an incompatibility with some file in there. I would also remove all the files starting with c and beyond as next step, maybe there is a clash with the effects used by some the files with some on your computer, a same GUId used twice, whatever.

Thanks for the response.

I deleted MyTraffic*.* from the scenery folder (which would be the same as turning it off inside FSX) and the same thing happened.

MyTraffic seems to be crippling FSUIPC some way. If my WideClient works fine without MyTraffic and not at all when I have MyTraffic installed it seems that MyTraffic in some mysterious way is interfering with FSCUIPC (but then again I am only a flight attendant)!

Any more ideas?

What do you mean "a same GUId"? How can I check?

Bob

Thanks for the response.

I deleted MyTraffic*.* from the scenery folder (which would be the same as turning it off inside FSX) and the same thing happened.

MyTraffic seems to be crippling FSUIPC some way. If my WideClient works fine without MyTraffic and not at all when I have MyTraffic installed it seems that MyTraffic in some mysterious way is interfering with FSCUIPC (but then again I am only a flight attendant)!

Any more ideas?

Bob

According to your system specs on your signature your running an old version of FSUIPC. You should upgrade it to the latest version. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Latest version is 4.656

Thanks for the response.

Any more ideas?

Bob

If it is in the scenery folder, and not a schedule, it must be an airport.

Next step:

Delete every file in MyTraffic\scenery.

Enable MyTraffic again as scenery, does FSC work now?

If it does, use the Communicator to restore the flight plans ( you copied trafficdatabasebuilder.exe?)

Now you run MyTraffic without its enhanced airports. So there will be congestions etc, but does it work now?

If it does, then either just one of the 2000+ files on your disk has gone bad and shows this interference, in this case just run

MyTraffic\AircraftInstallers\scenery.exe with a double click, maybe this does it.

Or we have to identify which of these 2000 files it is, but we continue once all the above is checked.