The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic 5.2

angrybirdy

So I just finished installing my traffic 5.2 and I am able to have AI traffic in my airports but how do I choose an airline I can fly myself? Because I am still stuck with the fake airlines FSX gives although my airports are populated with many airlines. Also how do I start a plane from the airport parking or gates rather then the runway when I start a free flight and be able to fly some of the routes the actual airlines fly. Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

So I just finished installing my traffic 5.2 and I am able to have AI traffic in my airports but how do I choose an airline I can fly myself? Because I am still stuck with the fake airlines FSX gives although my airports are populated with many airlines. Also how do I start a plane from the airport parking or gates rather then the runway when I start a free flight and be able to fly some of the routes the actual airlines fly. Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

did you not understand my replies to you and the other replies you got on your thread on AVSIM?

My traffic has NOTHING to do with flying your own aircraft or planning your own routes.

Steve

As stated on Avsim and above, MTX is AI and has nothing to do with the default FSX planes that you can fly. MTX only puts AI at airports, in the sky and that is it!

If you want to fly the FSX default 737 in lets say a Southwest Airlines paint scheme then you have to go to someplace like the Avsim library, download a Southwest texture set for the 737, copy the texture folder into your 737 folder and add the Southwest information to your 737 aircraft.cfg in order for you to fly a 737 in a Southwest paint scheme. As an example below is a Southwest 737 that you can download off the Avsim Library.

Category: Flight Simulator X - Aircraft Repaints, Textures and Modifications

Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-800

File Description:

Southwest Airlines texture files for FSX default 737-800.

Filename: southwest_repaint.zip

License: Freeware

Added: 27th January 2007

Downloads: 4708

Author: Lee Tennant

Size: 8278kb

AI planes neither have a cockpit nor aircraft sounds nor any other aircraft specific properties.

If you want to fly a MyTraffic plane yourself, do the following: Example: the A320:

Move the folder MyTraffic\aircraft\A320MX to simobjects\airplanes.

Cope the \sound and \panel folders of the stock A321 into the A320MX folder

and voila you can fly them ( but it will fly like the stock A321 ).