The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wombat457

FS9 does not load saved flight plan

Good Morning:

I have just purchased Flight Commander 9 for the primary purpose of generating "routes".

When I have generated a route using FC9 then save it for FS2004 (FS9) the .pln file is saved to my Flight Simulator folder (flight plans).

When I load the saved route from FC9 however, the route loaded is not the route that I saved and that Flight Commander 9 showed. See graphics:

Route Generated in Flight Commander 9:

-2011-jan-20-017.png

Route SAVED AS using Flight Commander 9:

-2011-jan-20-018.png

-2011-jan-20-019.png

Route that is LOADED in FS 2004 from the SAVED Flight Commander .pln:

-2011-jan-20-020.png

Why is this ? and what can be done to fix this problem please ?

Need a quick answer to this problem as at the moment, Flight Commander 9 is totally useless to me if I cannot save and use the correct flight plans.

Cheers,

Wombat457

Hi,

Can someone please post a response to my problem, as shown in the pics above.

Wombat457

Hi Wombat457,

I try to answer as quickly as possible the post of our users but I'm sitting not 24 hours in front of my PC.

I hope that this response is fast enough for you even though I can not verify your problem.

Publish within your next answer a FSCommander and a FS2004 flight plan.

Volker

btw.

Why you can not use your flight simulator without a flight plan?

I am still having the same problem and I'm using FSX.

A funny thing about this is: I have one airplane where I need to change the FP to a number rather than leaving it "KSEAKSFO etc, and those changed to numbers work fine and do not arbitrarily

change the route from FSC9 to FSX.

Jerry

Wn7/64

Hi Wombat457,

I try to answer as quickly as possible the post of our users but I'm sitting not 24 hours in front of my PC.

I hope that this response is fast enough for you even though I can not verify your problem.

Publish within your next answer a FSCommander and a FS2004 flight plan.

Volker

btw.

Why you can not use your flight simulator without a flight plan?

Thank you for your reply and to answer your questions:

1. It is frustrating to see other posts answered after I had posted my question, but my post not.

2. I don't understand why you can't verify my problem. The graphics included show the problem clearly. A flight plan generated by FC9 and the flight plan loaded by FS9 from that FC9 saved flight plan. That is the problem - saved flight plans not being saved/loaded the way that FC9 generates them.

3. I can load a flight plan just using the FS9 flight planner - that isn't the issue. The issue is that I purchased your program to obtain more realistic flight plans to load, and that doesn't seem to be happening. It also appears (from the above reply) that I am not the only one with this problem.

4. I didn't say I couldn't use FS9 without a flight plan; however, when you fly for a VA that requires a flight plan - one is needed, and THAT is why I purchased your product, to get realistic flight plans. As said, while FC9 generates flight plans very well - those plans do not get loaded into FS9 - they change, VOR's, waypoints are missing and/or added without reason. When I select a flight plan generated by FC9 and save it using FC9 I expect that "identical flight plan" to be loaded and it is not. Again, that is the issue here.

5. I don't see the relevancy of showing an FC9 flight and an FS9 flight plan. They are going to be different. What is relevant is that the FC9 flight plans are not being loaded exactly as saved. If all I wanted to do was to use the FS9 generated flight plans, I wouldn't have bought FC9.

Hope this answers your questions.

Hi,

in my last post I asked you to send me two relevant flight plans. YOU DIDN'T DO THAT. What do you expect me to do. A minimum amount of cooperation is required if you expect us to help you.

Regards

Volker

BTW. please also read our announcement "everyone please read"

Volker:

If you will recall I, Jerry Allen, (in a different post) sent you my two FP's and they were identical, and thus you said it was not a FSC9 problem.

Well, it is still doing exactly what is described above...even though the two FP's are the same.

Again let me say that if I change the FP to a number for use in one particular airplane it works, but in all other cases if I leave it as transferred by FSC to FSX

using only the FSC interface then FSX runs whatever route it wants rather than actually using the one FSC sends...JUST AS THE ABOVE ILLUSTRATION...even with default airplanes.

Thank you for your attention on this matter,

Jerry

FSX

FSUIPC 4.6

FSC 9.0 Build: 23-11-2010

Aerosoft & Wn7/64

PREVIOUS POST:

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

I built a FSX FP using FSC9 and saved it: "SAVE AS".

FSC9 Showed this route (correct): KDFW.BYP.FSM.HRO.MAP.KSTL

When I opened the FP in FSX it showed (incorrectly): KDFW.CVE.BYP.FSM.HRO.DGD.TBN.VIH.FTZ.STL.CSX.KSTL

This happens with every FP, not just the one above.

I built the FP using the Right Mouse Click function over the waypoints and selecting.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thank you,

Jerry Allen

Jerry: For what is worth. I just followed the FP examples you posted and this

is my take on the isue:

Duplicated your FP in FSC9 - KDFW.BYP.FSM.HRO.MAP.KSTL (without the dots)and it

saved correctly in both, FSC9 and FS9. (I just typed your waypoints in the FSC9

flight plan drop down box.)

The second FP that you cited - KDFW.CVE.BYP.FSM.HRO.DGD.TBN.VIH.FTZ.STL.CSX.KSTL

(without the dots)- is what the FS9 Flight Planner, in your case - FSX, created.

I cannot remember how long ago I installed FS9; obviously that database is outdated

and some of those waypoints are no longer valid except in FSX and FS9.

Created FPs for KDFW > KSTL using the NAVAIDS, low, high altitude routes and, of course,

the waypoints are different. No problem saving any of them in FSC9 and FS9 or loading them

in FS9.

I am using the latest database, AIRAC1101, and also use FltPlan.com when developing a new

FP. Even between these two database there are differences and they are the latest

navigation data available; even to the syntax used for the SID and STARS - example:

SLT.FQM1 in FltPlan.com translates to FQM1.SLT in FSC9's AIRAC database.

With due respect, I think you are not loading the FSC9 FP correctly. How are you "opening"

the flight plan in FSX? In FS9, the FSC9 FP is loaded using the FS9 Flight Planner "load"

button - it took me awhile to learn that.

Just trying to help, hope you can resolve your issue if none of the above applies.

Jesse

FSC90 Aerosoft boxed version w/23.11.2010 patch, AIRAC1101, FSUIPC3.989u, Windows XP (SP3)

Hi Jerry,

I can not verifying the problem.

FSC ScreenShot_001.jpg:

created flight plan in FSC9 based on your data and saved into FSX format.

FSC and FSC ScreenShot_002.jpg and ScreenShot_003.jpg:

saved flight plan loaded in FSX

Regards,

Volker

post-6634-0-58048100-1295681051_thumb.jp

post-6634-0-74668500-1295681063_thumb.jp

post-6634-0-55494700-1295681075_thumb.jp

I know you can not verify my problem Volker. I only wish you could.

I have about given up on trying to figure out why this happens.

I will run the above FP again today just to satisfy myself.

I've been using "right click", I will try other method to add wpts this time.

Thanks for responding,

Jerry

Just out of interest, Jerry - and to rule it out, although it may well not help directly, try clearing out all the flight plan files from your FS9 files folder (just cut and paste them to somewhere else temporarily, such as a temporary folder on your desktop) and then try recreating the route in FSC and saving it.

What I'm wondering is whether, somehow, an FS9 generated flight plan has been prevented from being overwritten by the FSC one?

If there are no other flight plans in the directory and the FSC9 one appears, you can clearly see that it has, without clutter. You can always then cut and paste all your other saved flight plans back in once you have confirmed this or otherwise.

Ian P.

OK, I removed ALL FP's from the FSX folder.

I used FSC9 to build a new FP: KDFW BYP FSM HRO MAP KSTL (This time I used the WPT box)...instead of RT click.

I saved it: "SAVE AS"...to FSC and FSX.

I ran FSX and "LOADED" the FP (KDFWKSTL)...the only FP in the file.

When I opened the route in FSX it displayed this:

KDFW CVE BYP FSM HRO DGD TBN VIH FTZ STL CSX KSTL

Thanks,

Jerry

Volker:

I will send the 2 FP's, but I don't think it will help.

I did that before and they both showed the correct route.

However, for whatever reason, when the saved FP is LOADED into FSX it runs it incorrectly (not as saved).

Again, if I change the "KDFWKSTL to a number and open it in a certain airplane that requires numbers, it runs it correctly.

Good luck!

Jerry

OK, I removed ALL FP's from the FSX folder.

I used FSC9 to build a new FP: KDFW BYP FSM HRO MAP KSTL (This time I used the WPT box)...instead of RT click.

I saved it: "SAVE AS"...to FSC and FSX.

I ran FSX and "LOADED" the FP (KDFWKSTL)...the only FP in the file.

When I opened the route in FSX it displayed this:

KDFW CVE BYP FSM HRO DGD TBN VIH FTZ STL CSX KSTL

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry, me again!...out of curiosity...do you open/start FSC9, create a FP, and then start FSX, in that sequence?

If so, try the reverse. That may account as to why the FSC FP is not being written in FSX.

This is getting interesting, good luck!

Jesse

OK, all you guys not any smarter than me.

Volker found my problem, and I am very appreciative!

"I was selecting FIND ROUTE after loading the FP into FSX."

DO THE PROCESS OUTLINED BELOW:

Select Flight Planner

Click on Load

select the plan you have created and saved with FSCommander (in my case KDFWKSTL).

Now DO NOT CLICK ON FIND ROUTE - CLICK on NAvlog or EDIT but NEVER on FIND ROUTE.

While you CLICK on FIND ROUTE FSX ignores your loaded plan and creates a new plan.

Therefor, as you can see, this is NOT a FSCommander problem. It is a user problem.

I am very happy to have FSC back again and running as it should...THANKS!

I wish to thank everyone who posted and tried to help.

I apologize for the trouble I've caused.

Jerry

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

a blind chicken finds a grain once in a while.

Regards,

Volker

"I was selecting FIND ROUTE after loading the FP into FSX."

DO THE PROCESS OUTLINED BELOW:

Select Flight Planner

Click on Load

select the plan you have created and saved with FSCommander (in my case KDFWKSTL).

Now DO NOT CLICK ON FIND ROUTE - CLICK on NAvlog or EDIT but NEVER on FIND ROUTE.

While you CLICK on FIND ROUTE FSX ignores your loaded plan and creates a new plan.

Therefor, as you can see, this is NOT a FSCommander problem. It is a user problem.

I am very happy to have FSC back again and running as it should...THANKS!

I wish to thank everyone who posted and tried to help.

I apologize for the trouble I've caused.

Jerry

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. Not trying to be smarter than anyone but in my

yesterday post, the long one, that was what I was suggesting. Sometimes difficult problems have

simple solution. It is great to see we have a forum that everyone tries to help each other

out.

Jesse

Volker/Sasha,

Okay, this is becoming monotonous. If you looked at my first post, you would have seen that BOTH plans were included, the FSC 9 plan AND the plan that opened in FS9.

Fortunately, members of my VA were able to identify the problem as soon as they saw the graphics I posted here, and without a condescending attitude as well.

With that issue resolved, a further issue remains:

Why is it that when I load a flight plan (including gate way points and selecting the gate from the drop down window prior to saving the plan to FS 9) does the plan load MINUS the gate selection? In simple terms - the route saved from FSC9 loads correctly, BUT does NOT load the gate assignment that was saved with the plan?

As a result, when I open FS9 to fly, I am stuck at the active runway NOT at the gate I selected? And, this happens with BOTH default scenery as well as payware scenery.

I have read and re read your manual and it tells me nothing with respect of fixing this problem. Why is there not a Trouble Shooting Guide with the manual like most manuals have?

Please don't insult my intelligence by asking me (or telling me) if I am doing things correctly or am doing something wrong, I have followed the instructions for loading a plan letter by letter and I still do not get the gate assignment to load.

I suspect I will not get a response to this, as one poster said ...seems like this is a GOOD NEWS ONLY forum... any negative comments seem to be automatically removed.

Tony Cannon - a very unhappy customer.

How many more problems will people who buy this product experience?

Wombat457/Tony Cannon:

Here is something for you to try: After completing your flight plan and before saving it (Save As), open the FSC9 "Window/Select Parking & Taxiways" select your parking position. The documentation covers this - Paragraph 3.4, TOOLS. Hint: Also make sure the Flight Level is selected before saving the flight.

My experience with all the FSC versions is that like any new, complex software, an user, besides RTFM, also has to experiment with the software. In defense of the developers, Sasha & Volker, this Forum does answers a lot of the issues that we all experience while going through the learning curve and honestly I don't see why they bother responding to some of these posts. I would much rather they spend their time upgrading the software. As usual the option is there for anyone who is not satisfied with this product to get a refund from where they purchased it.

Just trying to help...(öJö)

Jesse

Hi Tony,

I don't see the relevancy of showing an FC9 flight and an FS9 flight plan

And we do not see any relevance in responding to your problem, since you failed to cooperate. Furthermore, as the other posts indicate, there is no such problem if you handle Flight Simulator correctly.

Regards

Sascha & Volker