The simFlight Network Forums

Calibration and Saving profile

Hi ! My name is Alfredo and i havea couple of question to better understand how to make Fsuipc work better (work better as i cant use it good not as it doesnt work). 3-4 months ago i found a tutorial and i followed it and i learn a ltot of things so i started to use FSUICP to calibrate the Saitek Yoke and saitel pedals. All work good but for example if i taxi and i dont touch the pedsls the plane tent to move on the left slowly but it moves on the left. The same with the yoke if i keep it centered the plane very slowly turn on left. Another question is inthe tutorial i read i was able to create NEW profiles It asked me IF i wanted to create a new one so i cretaed different profiles for boieng airbus and so on. Now i lost that tutorial and i dont remember how to create new profile. When I used the prifile and i started a flight i log into FSUIPC check the button tag use any button and apperead a list of save profile two choose. How can i do it again? Thanks

Alfredo

All work good but for example if i taxi and i dont touch the pedsls the plane tent to move on the left slowly but it moves on the left.

That's quite normal for prop planes due to prop torque and tail wash. You almost always have to apply some rudder pressure to one side or the other, depending on the direction of spin of the propeller. This gets even worse on the take-off roll as you increase the revs.

The same with the yoke if i keep it centered the plane very slowly turn on left.

When flying, you mean? In that case it isn't calibrated to centre correctly. Have you followed the numbered steps for calibration in the User Guide?

Another question is inthe tutorial i read i was able to create NEW profiles It asked me IF i wanted to create a new one so i cretaed different profiles for boieng airbus and so on. Now i lost that tutorial and i dont remember how to create new profile.

did you try looking in the FSUIPC User Guide at all? When you click the profile button, in the drop down, one of the entries is for a new profile, which you can then name. It is documented, with pictures even!

When I used the prifile and i started a flight i log into FSUIPC check the button tag use any button and apperead a list of save profile two choose. How can i do it again?

Same as before, click the button. Please do check the user guide, it is supplied with FSUIPC for a reason, to show you how to use the facilities.

Regards

Pete

Thanks again for ur kind answer! Well About the prop i know it i meant about twin engines jet.

Ah, in that case it will be the calibration, especially the centre zone -- and you do want to set a small central zone so that slight movements either side do nothing. This then absorbs any jitter or variation in your controls.

The other thing to check is the setting of the aileron and rudder trims. You might not have visible controls for those, depending on what aircraft you are using, but you can check them in the FLT file(s) you are loading -- or just save a flight then look. They'll be in lines like:

RudderTrimPct=0

AileronTrimPct=0

in the [Controls.0] section. Make sure both are 0. If not you can change the file and reload the flight.

Regards

Pete