The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GaryW

MT2006 and wrong altitudes

I was wondering if others have experienced this in FS9 and MT2006. I had a United Ailines AI aircraft in which ATC told them to "please expedite your climb to FL937". I use real world weather....could that be the cause? Any help is VERY appreciated.

Gary,

Houston, TX

BTW this is my favorite traffic program for FS9.

I was wondering if others have experienced this in FS9 and MT2006. I had a United Ailines AI aircraft in which ATC told them to "please expedite your climb to FL937". I use real world weather....could that be the cause? Any help is VERY appreciated.

Gary,

Houston, TX

BTW this is my favorite traffic program for FS9.

This has been reported from time to time. My understanding of it is the following:

The data format of the traffic bgls of FS9 is different to the one used by FS8/ttools. Basically, both contain a grid of points over the world and transfer aircraft from point to point using just the index of the point. The FS9 mesh is much finer sampled than the FS8 one was, and the FSX one still is better - the FS9 one was the fiirst one to avoid to have any points that lie inside of mountains as one of the many examples.

FS now can only load one such grid, and takes the first it gets. If now there is a schedule that belongs to another grid, the indices point to completely wrong grid points: The Southwest Flight from KLAS to KSAN may well well contain a point 70000feet above London.

I only could reproduce this effect to happen if I put a schedule in FS8/ttools format to FS9 in addition to the MyTraffic schedules, which are produced through FS9 SDK.

So, you have to delete all FS8\ttools based AI schedules you have installed to warrant FS9 AI traffic works as good as FS9 can do it - and not as bad as FS8, Project AI or World of AI did.