The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC with Wilco 737 PIC

I am very new to FSUIPC and need some help. I have a registered copy of FSUIPC4. I am running Windows XP and FSX. I have numerous Go-Flight module and I basically fly the Wilco 737 PIC. When trying to program the buttons and switches, most of them don't seem to work. For example, the master battery switch does not work no matter how I try to set it, by FS control or by key programing. I'm trying to set these switches on a Go-Flight module GF-T8-8. Is there a problem with Go-Flight or with Wilco PIC? Is there a titorial somewhere that explains, step by step, how to set these up? I would appriciate any help at all. Thank you in advance.

I am very new to FSUIPC and need some help. I have a registered copy of FSUIPC4. I am running Windows XP and FSX. I have numerous Go-Flight module and I basically fly the Wilco 737 PIC. When trying to program the buttons and switches, most of them don't seem to work. For example, the master battery switch does not work no matter how I try to set it, by FS control or by key programing. I'm trying to set these switches on a Go-Flight module GF-T8-8. Is there a problem with Go-Flight or with Wilco PIC? Is there a titorial somewhere that explains, step by step, how to set these up? I would appriciate any help at all. Thank you in advance.

Have you tried setting all those up with a default aircraft? If they work there,you are doing it correctly. There really isn't much to it and the documentation should surely be clear enough? If not, what are you stumbling on?

I think most Wilco add-on aircraft, like PMDG and many others, do not use the default built-in FS systems for many things, notably autopilot, electrical subsystems, overhead, and so on. I don't know that aircraft specifically, but it should come with some documentation telling you what you can do, such as possibly assigning keystrokes to the functions. Then you can assign the keystrokes to the Goflight buttons.

FSUIPC supports every possible built-in control, and then also a lot of utility ones it adds, but it cannot possibly provide specific facilities for every add-on aircraft system which does its own thing. It can usually be done, but not by simple assignment to a suitably named control. Maybe folks in the Wilco support forum will be able to give specific assistance.

Regards

Pete