The simFlight Network Forums

Screen Size Again - Request Please

akarr

Hi....

I looked at Post on this Topic....and Found your Reply in 2009..

" We have eliminated the "reduced "window" feature which existed in 8.4. We had published a post in

January and February asking if anybody uses the function. Since all replies were negative, we eliminated it."

Since I bought this Last Month.....ie: 9.0 Build: 11-11-2010

I THINK That you Shoul RE-THINK THIS FEATURE....PLEASE...

Since I was Not Part of the POLL in 2009.... The Re-Size PROBLEM SUCKS.....<GRIN>

I think that it should be Available in The OPTIONS ....Selection as an Option ....Or Put in as a Standard Microsoft

Re-SIZE....via ARROWS...

THANX for further consideration.....

Hi....

I looked at Post on this Topic....and Found your Reply in 2009..

" We have eliminated the "reduced "window" feature which existed in 8.4. We had published a post in

January and February asking if anybody uses the function. Since all replies were negative, we eliminated it."

Since I bought this Last Month.....ie: 9.0 Build: 11-11-2010

I THINK That you Shoul RE-THINK THIS FEATURE....PLEASE...

Since I was Not Part of the POLL in 2009.... The Re-Size PROBLEM SUCKS.....<GRIN>

I think that it should be Available in The OPTIONS ....Selection as an Option ....Or Put in as a Standard Microsoft

Re-SIZE....via ARROWS...

THANX for further consideration.....

How about a Quick Patch.....Please

Hi,

I'm not really sure that you are really talking about the "reduced window" feature that we had in previous versions and that we finally eliminated after the poll.

The "reduced window" feature did nothing else but hide the menus and button bars in order to allow a larger size of map if the entire window was reduced. Trivially, you cannot make this an option in the Options Window, because if menus are missing, you cannot return to the original status.

Could it be that you refer to the fact that after closing the program when the window is minimized, you only get the full screen view or the minimized view? If this is the problem (which is in fact a bug in the program which will be fixed with the next bug fix) please proceed as follows:

1. open fsc.ini with a text editor

2. correct the second line to MAPWIN=0

3. save the file

4. start FS Commander

5. there are 2 possibilities that could happen:

a. FS Commander's map window opens in full screen

in this case exit the program by selecting menu item Exit

b. FS Commander only opens in the task bar but not on the normal screen

in this case click with the right mouse button on the icon in the task bar and choose "maximize"

now FS Commander should appear on the screen as maximized

exit the program by selecting menu item Exit

6. start FS Commander again, the map window should now appear as full screen

7. click on the "double square" in the title bar to the left of the X

8. now you should be able to resize the map window at your discretion

Note that this complex situation arises only, if you exit the program from the icon in the task bar. Recommendation: never close the program from the task bar.

Regards

Sascha & Volker

Hi,

I'm not really sure that you are really talking about the "reduced window" feature that we had in previous versions and that we finally eliminated after the poll.

The "reduced window" feature did nothing else but hide the menus and button bars in order to allow a larger size of map if the entire window was reduced. Trivially, you cannot make this an option in the Options Window, because if menus are missing, you cannot return to the original status.

Could it be that you refer to the fact that after closing the program when the window is minimized, you only get the full screen view or the minimized view? If this is the problem (which is in fact a bug in the program which will be fixed with the next bug fix) please proceed as follows:

1. open fsc.ini with a text editor

2. correct the second line to MAPWIN=0

3. save the file

4. start FS Commander

8. now you should be able to resize the map window at your discretion

Note that this complex situation arises only, if you exit the program from the icon in the task bar. Recommendation: never close the program from the task bar.

Regards

Sascha & Volker

THANX Very Much......That Fixed the Problem.....

My fsc.ini Had ie: MAPWIN=2

Again Thanx

• 2 years later...

Hello

I have a similar (or the same?) problem since I re-installed FSCommander ( I am configuring a new PC).

Once I launch FS Commander for FSX I see a window (for the application) that only fits a section of my screen and I cannot extend the window as one normally do in Windows. If I maximize the window that works OK, but that is not the way i have been using it. I much prefer as I had it before, which is running on a window that I can re-size with the mouse.

I have 3 points of reference: (1) I am using version 9.3.HF-1 built 6Sep2013, and (2) I have not registered the application yet because I am having issues with the key I obtained from my simMarket order (I have asked them to fix this); (3) I looked at my E:\FSC\fsc.ini file and I have the setting of MAPWIN=0.

I would appreciate help with this. Thanks in advance!

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

I use Windows 64K and FSX.