The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with the B737's after installing 5.3a;

tzombie

Hello;

I'm having a problem,after installing the 5.3a update,the B737's,not all but most of them are black,I tried to re-download the 737 again,but the same result,I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.I had the Aerosoft 5.2 box,and purchased the upgrade,and have the updaes.

Mark W.

Fsx Acceleration Sp2

Windows 7 64bit

Installed on the D-drive

Hello;

I'm having a problem,after installing the 5.3a update,the B737's,not all but most of them are black,I tried to re-download the 737 again,but the same result,I was wondering if anyone else noticed this.I had the Aerosoft 5.2 box,and purchased the upgrade,and have the updaes.

Mark W.

Fsx Acceleration Sp2

Windows 7 64bit

Installed on the D-drive

Maybe you already found the reason. Which update did you apply exactly? From Aerosoft 5.2 to 5.3a here is a big difference.

Please send me a PM, I can give more instructions tomorrow.

Hello;

Thank you for your reply,I tried to use the PM option on the communicator,but it sent me diretly to the My Traffic Forum,I think I may have worded the installation wrong,I have Aerosofts 5.2a boxed version,then I got the 5.2b update for Aerosoft Boed product,then I installed the 5.3 version,then 5.3a update.I un-installed the whole package,and re-installed the 5.2 version,and the 5.2b download for boxed versions,I went to a couple of airports,and all looks fine,as for the other 2 upgrades,all just wait to install,

Thanks;

Mark Wyckoff

Hello;

Thank you for your reply,I tried to use the PM option on the communicator,but it sent me diretly to the My Traffic Forum,I think I may have worded the installation wrong,I have Aerosofts 5.2a boxed version,then I got the 5.2b update for Aerosoft Boed product,then I installed the 5.3 version,then 5.3a update.I un-installed the whole package,and re-installed the 5.2 version,and the 5.2b download for boxed versions,I went to a couple of airports,and all looks fine,as for the other 2 upgrades,all just wait to install,

Thanks;

Mark Wyckoff

Yes, when I say "send me a PM" this means you use this forum to send me a message. I tried to send you a message, but you have disallowed messages to you.

I've just tweaked tzombie's settings in the admin settings, Burkhard - it should work now.

tzombie: If you want to re-disable PMs at any point for some reason, you'll need to get an admin to set you back to "user control".

Ian P.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you apply the post 5.3a patches? If yes, which 737 version is it? Easiest way to solve is to upload the specific installer for that aircraft.

Yes I applied the patches. Actually I was in a hurry to take off and it really wasn't that big of a deal to me so I didn't check which model it was. I'll reinstall the 5.3a1 patch and see if happens again.

On another note though the communicator patches menu still gives me a cannot connect error and go to fsrail bla bla bla for the 5.3a1 patch so maybe something got hosed.

Yes I applied the patches. Actually I was in a hurry to take off and it really wasn't that big of a deal to me so I didn't check which model it was. I'll reinstall the 5.3a1 patch and see if happens again.

On another note though the communicator patches menu still gives me a cannot connect error and go to fsrail bla bla bla for the 5.3a1 patch so maybe something got hosed.

Yes there is a problem with the Communicator to patch if the patch contains a new communicator. I will check in KPDX too, anbody else who sees an all black or gray aircraft please give a note that is easy to fix in most cases.