The simFlight Network Forums

Database traffic builder -Active traffic

frkypreos

Hi ,

Since I have upgraded My traffic X from 5.3 to 5.3a impossible to make any change of flights or midifying them:

I am using my traffic editor and when I go on "create file and traffic" I get error message "database traffic builder has stop running".

I click ok then it hung up and traffic modification is not made at all!

Same issue wen I use My traffic communicator and I change/apply schedules (exemple 2010) , it starts and after 20 seconds same error message !

I have tried the new tool also : Active traffic and same kind of error message : Active traffic .exe has stopped running .

To end , some filghts schedules modifications do not apear on FS once I have submitted them where as these flights I created were showing on version 5.3.

So the 5.3a version not so suitable !

Many thanks for any help , appreciated.

F.

Hi ,

Since I have upgraded My traffic X from 5.3 to 5.3a impossible to make any change of flights or midifying them:

I am using my traffic editor and when I go on "create file and traffic" I get error message "database traffic builder has stop running".

I click ok then it hung up and traffic modification is not made at all!

Same issue wen I use My traffic communicator and I change/apply schedules (exemple 2010) , it starts and after 20 seconds same error message !

I have tried the new tool also : Active traffic and same kind of error message : Active traffic .exe has stopped running .

To end , some filghts schedules modifications do not apear on FS once I have submitted them where as these flights I created were showing on version 5.3.

So the 5.3a version not so suitable !

Many thanks for any help , appreciated.

F.

Please, give exact error messages. None of those you refer to exists in Trafficdatabasebuilder as a string, ao nothing to track them.

You did copy Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from the SDK folder, either FSX SDK SP1, SP1a, Sp2 or Acceleration?

What is Active Traffic?

Please, give exact error messages. None of those you refer to exists in Trafficdatabasebuilder as a string, ao nothing to track them.

You did copy Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from the SDK folder, either FSX SDK SP1, SP1a, Sp2 or Acceleration?

What is Active Traffic?

When using my traffic communicator and subitting schedules 2010 (DX10) a dos windows starts ...normally.

But after 20 seconds error message appears Traffic Databasebuilder has stoped working . Windowswill close this program.

An yes I did copy Trafficdatabasebuiler from SDK , with FSXSP2

About Active traffic ; sorry I mean "My traffic Interactive. It hangs up all the time.

I have windows vista.

Thanks for your help.

When using my traffic communicator and subitting schedules 2010 (DX10) a dos windows starts ...normally.

But after 20 seconds error message appears Traffic Databasebuilder has stoped working . Windowswill close this program.

An yes I did copy Trafficdatabasebuiler from SDK , with FSXSP2

About Active traffic ; sorry I mean "My traffic Interactive. It hangs up all the time.

I have windows vista.

Thanks for your help.

For the Trafficdatabasebuilder. Do I understand correctly that it is Windows that signals a problem with the program, in an external window, and not Trafficdatabasebuilder itself in the command window? I will provide you tomorrow with a small test setup, to distinguish if it has anything to do with MyTraffic or some dll on your computer must have gone bad.

What exactly do you mean with "My traffic Interactive. It hangs up all the time."

When you start it, do you get the list of airlines and aircraft filled? Does anything happen when you click into them? Does it connect to FSX?

For the Trafficdatabasebuilder. Do I understand correctly that it is Windows that signals a problem with the program, in an external window, and not Trafficdatabasebuilder itself in the command window? I will provide you tomorrow with a small test setup, to distinguish if it has anything to do with MyTraffic or some dll on your computer must have gone bad.

What exactly do you mean with "My traffic Interactive. It hangs up all the time."

When you start it, do you get the list of airlines and aircraft filled? Does anything happen when you click into them? Does it connect to FSX?

Hi , sorry for not replying earlier . I was away on holidays.

I have now uninstalled , cleared all files and re install mytraffic 5.3 and then update 5.3a. I can now run again my traffic communicator and apply schedules (ie 2010).

BUT as you know , to use my traffic editor , I need trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from FSX SDK present on the root of my traffic folder as described on the manual.

So when running again my traffic communicator and applying schedules for DX , year 2010 , it starts running and a few secondes after , windows displays a popup " trafficdatabasebuilder has stopped running" and "windows will try to find a solution" then everything stops.

Now about My traffic interactive , I go on comminucator then my traffic interactivemenu then select "go interactive" ... Windows displayed a pop up "trafficinteractive.exe has stopped running" .

So what's wrong on all of this ?

I am using windows vista , FSX SP2 and framework.net 4.0 .

Please advise what could be done to fix these issues?

Many thanks

F.

Hi , sorry for not replying earlier . I was away on holidays.

I have now uninstalled , cleared all files and re install mytraffic 5.3 and then update 5.3a. I can now run again my traffic communicator and apply schedules (ie 2010).

BUT as you know , to use my traffic editor , I need trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from FSX SDK present on the root of my traffic folder as described on the manual.

So when running again my traffic communicator and applying schedules for DX , year 2010 , it starts running and a few secondes after , windows displays a popup " trafficdatabasebuilder has stopped running" and "windows will try to find a solution" then everything stops.

Now about My traffic interactive , I go on comminucator then my traffic interactivemenu then select "go interactive" ... Windows displayed a pop up "trafficinteractive.exe has stopped running" .

So what's wrong on all of this ?

I am using windows vista , FSX SP2 and framework.net 4.0 .

Please advise what could be done to fix these issues?

Many thanks

F.

did you update your SDK to SP2 too?

No I dont' t think so.

Does this update also concerns Activetraffic ?

Many Thanks

It concerns large parts of FSX - including the dlls used for Simconnect. So please try this first. The trafficdatabasebuilder that comes with the RTM disks only can compile boat schedules.

It concerns large parts of FSX - including the dlls used for Simconnect. So please try this first. The trafficdatabasebuilder that comes with the RTM disks only can compile boat schedules.

Hi again,

I have now updated my FSX SDK to SP2. So no more problems with applying schedules with my traffic communicator.

However , I still can 't use My traffic interactive :

I go on my traffic communicator / mytraffic interactive / go interactive . it open a cmd windows --- MTI> mytrafficinteractive.exe (or similar to this) then a windows popup comes up with error message: " mytrafic interactive has stopped running . windows will search a solution...."

Very frustrating as this tool seems to be nice to use , rather then the editor.

Maybe a dll issue?

Help ! ;-)

Many thanks again

F.

Hi again,

I have now updated my FSX SDK to SP2. So no more problems with applying schedules with my traffic communicator.

However , I still can 't use My traffic interactive :

I go on my traffic communicator / mytraffic interactive / go interactive . it open a cmd windows --- MTI> mytrafficinteractive.exe (or similar to this) then a windows popup comes up with error message: " mytrafic interactive has stopped running . windows will search a solution...."

Very frustrating as this tool seems to be nice to use , rather then the editor.

Maybe a dll issue?

Help ! ;-)

Many thanks again

F.

What happens if you browse to MyTraffic\MTI and double click to MyTrafficInteractive directly?

I did try this of course and exaclty same popoup message.

Thanks

F.

It does not come up with the yellow big window showing all the tables? Can you create a file in the MyTraffic folder or a subfolder, so that we can exclude missing user right issues.

I'm running it successfully on several W7 systems, and even on a XP one, so I have no larger idea. Maybe I can compile a debug version for you and you can try this out and this gives us more information of what happens.

It does not come up with the yellow big window showing all the tables? Can you create a file in the MyTraffic folder or a subfolder, so that we can exclude missing user right issues.

I'm running it successfully on several W7 systems, and even on a XP one, so I have no larger idea. Maybe I can compile a debug version for you and you can try this out and this gives us more information of what happens.

No , as I said before , I dont get anything : As soon as I doubleclick on trafficactive.exe located in MTI folder , this windows vista popup appears ! (traffiinteracive.exe has stopped running...)

You know that Vista a shit .... I am looking forward to upgrade to W7 . But for the time beeing we need to fix that point.

Also I am admin on the machine so no right issues...

Maybe anyone on this forum running vista could advise if he has same issue ?

What do you suggest ? do you have a debug version of this exe file ? (Mytraffic interactive)

Many thanks

No , as I said before , I dont get anything : As soon as I doubleclick on trafficactive.exe located in MTI folder , this windows vista popup appears ! (traffiinteracive.exe has stopped running...)

You know that Vista a shit .... I am looking forward to upgrade to W7 . But for the time beeing we need to fix that point.

Also I am admin on the machine so no right issues...

Maybe anyone on this forum running vista could advise if he has same issue ?

What do you suggest ? do you have a debug version of this exe file ? (Mytraffic interactive)

Many thanks

The version that comes with 5.3a is indeed the debug version I checked. So if it would start it should give a meaningful message, but it looks like it never starts? The Communicator does start - both are made with the same development environment. Currenty I'm short of ideas what is wrong with your OS or dot net setup.

The version that comes with 5.3a is indeed the debug version I checked. So if it would start it should give a meaningful message, but it looks like it never starts? The Communicator does start - both are made with the same development environment. Currenty I'm short of ideas what is wrong with your OS or dot net setup.

No , it never starts ... when I go on communicator menu then "Go interactive" , dos windows open with command line MTI/ trafficineractive.exe (or something like that)

Then 1 second after : bing ! windows vista popup "trafficinteractive has stopped running !

No , it never starts ... when I go on communicator menu then "Go interactive" , dos windows open with command line MTI/ trafficineractive.exe (or something like that)

Then 1 second after : bing ! windows vista popup "trafficinteractive has stopped running !

This "one second after" rings a little bell, but no idea where this will bring us. The program is driven by a timer of one second, that looks if FSX is in a state that it can connect to to it. I will prepare a version that does not use a time but a button for it, so that we can see if it is a question of simconnect not working properly. I would have no idea how to fix that, though, since this installs with FSX and you say you have Service Pack 2 installed, and MTI is well tested against Acceleration and SP2, and does not support RTM or SP1.

This "one second after" rings a little bell, but no idea where this will bring us. The program is driven by a timer of one second, that looks if FSX is in a state that it can connect to to it. I will prepare a version that does not use a time but a button for it, so that we can see if it is a question of simconnect not working properly. I would have no idea how to fix that, though, since this installs with FSX and you say you have Service Pack 2 installed, and MTI is well tested against Acceleration and SP2, and does not support RTM or SP1.

Ok . When do expect to have this new version ready ?

Thanks for your support.

Rgds

Please , take your time ;-)

Not so urgent ;-)

Enjoy your week end.

Cheers

F

Here it comes, finally. Just replace the exe by the one you find in here. This contains a little blue button, just press that to connect with FSX once FSX is up and running and you are in your scene. Creation of aircraft works well, the only thing that will not work is that aircraft which have left the bubble will not automatically be removed from the disk - that one could see later case this one works.

Other users, which have MTI up and running, do not use this executable.

MyTrafficInteractive_exe.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Here it comes, finally. Just replace the exe by the one you find in here. This contains a little blue button, just press that to connect with FSX once FSX is up and running and you are in your scene. Creation of aircraft works well, the only thing that will not work is that aircraft which have left the bubble will not automatically be removed from the disk - that one could see later case this one works.

Many thanks for this. I '' try this then.

Bon week end.

F.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ,

Just to let you know the outcome of the exe file .

I have replaced the initial one with this new one , but unfortunately , it does not work and I have same windows popup error message !

I will upgrade shortly to windows 7 so I hope it will run normally after that..

Thanks.

F.

Hi ,

Just to let you know the outcome of the exe file .

I have replaced the initial one with this new one , but unfortunately , it does not work and I have same windows popup error message !

Thanks.

F.

When does the message come up, at program start or when you connect?

The first would indicate your .DOT install is buggy, the second points to Simconnect, but if you just postphone until you update the OS you shouldn't bother too much.

Thanks.

F.

If you are doing a full install of W7, i.e. not just an upgrade where you keep all your installed programs, install FSX outside of the Programs(86) folder. Many problems go away if you do that.

If I'm given the choice I never install anything in the Programs(86) folder.

If you are doing a full install of W7, i.e. not just an upgrade where you keep all your installed programs, install FSX outside of the Programs(86) folder. Many problems go away if you do that.

If I'm given the choice I never install anything in the Programs(86) folder.

If you switch the completely stupid user access control off, there is no more a difference.