The simFlight Network Forums

Request for New (Old) Military Transport

jw

Burkhard,

I would like to request a C-141 if possible. It was a USAF tansport that was a real workhorse until retired. It would add a lot when using your "time machine".

Alternatively, is there a way to add one to the program that is already out there and turn it into an AI? I have attached a photo from one from the 63rd MAW. Dave Sweetman did the repaint for me.

Thank you as Always,

Jim

post-11221-0-23483800-1296402867_thumb.j

I came across this interesting tool today:

http://www.flightsimtools.com/aiopt

There will be other steps involved in making a user aircraft an AI aircraft, but this tool can help simplify the visual model so that you can have many AI on display. Even in demo mode, it makes for a fascinating review of your installed aircraft.

Simon

I came across this interesting tool today:

http://www.flightsimtools.com/aiopt

There will be other steps involved in making a user aircraft an AI aircraft, but this tool can help simplify the visual model so that you can have many AI on display. Even in demo mode, it makes for a fascinating review of your installed aircraft.

Simon

The C141 is not impossible, since I have the material for it lying around. So if it does not make it in time for 5.3b, 5.4 should be within reach. It is in priority lower than the P3Orion/Electra which still is flying.

Simon, thanks for the link, this tool only allows to modify LOD levels, but does not add LODs nor reduce draw calls. Since most user aircraft have no LODs but 500 draw calls, the result may not give anything you want to have more than once in your scene.