The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot run FSX in Full Screen view on Screen 1 and FSC on Screen 2

Tregarth

Dear Sirs,

FS Type: FSX

FSUIPC Version: 4.2 (supplied on Aerosoft FSC v8.2 disc)

FSC Version: 8.5 Build 200409 Aerosoft version F

I have started to use FSC on a new computer which has a GeForce 9600 GT video card. This card has 2 DVI output ports; one (Port 1) is connected to a Matrox TripleHead2Go image splitter which is driving 3 TFT's. The second port (Port 2) is driving a second TFT (Screen 2).

When I run FSX on Port 1 with the blue FSX title bar displayed I can see FSC on Screen 2. But if I then use Full Screen (ALT + ENTER) on Screen 1 FSC is removed from Screen 2 which goes black. Reverting to the Blue Title bar on Screen 1 restores FSC on Screen 2.

FSC runs perfectly on Screen 2 but I do not want the blue title bar on screen 1.

Can you please tell me how I make this happen?

Thank you,

Tregarth

Dear Herr Heine,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have carefully read the printed manual supplied with the Aerosoft v8.2 CD. The Installation section makes no mention of a "Stand-alone program" hence the question.

I have now also read the on-line manual. This makes no mention of a graphics card with 2 outputs. It only refers to running FS on a single monitor.

Is there any way to make FSX run in full screen mode with FSC on a dual output graphics card? I am afraid the significance of a "Stand-alone program" is not clear to me.

Thank you,

Tregarth

Hi Tregarth,

have you read the current manual, especially chapter 1.2 Installation, paragraph 3,

Important: You should bear in mind that FlightSim Commander is a stand-alone program...

Regards,

Volker

Hi Tregarth,

you can not use your FSX in full screen mode while still running the FSCommander.

This is a Windows feature and not a problem of FSCommander.

The following text from the manual:

Important: You should bear in mind that FlightSim Commander is a stand-alone program which

will run at the same time as Flight Simulator when the two are connected. Therefore you need

Windows' multitasking capability for simultaneously running more than one program. As a

consequence, you cannot run Flight Simulator in full-screen mode (Alt-Enter) on a single monitor

if you want Flight Simulator and FlightSim Commander to be connected to each other.

Regards,

Volker