The simFlight Network Forums

Profile specific button UNassignment

Hey Pete,

first of all, let start by saying I just recently bought FSUIPC, and loving it all the way so far.

One question I have, which I have not been able to find the solution for (forgive me if it's obvious or stated in the manual, but if it is, I overlooked it).

I have assigned my generic joystick buttons as non-profile specific settings. By generic, I mean buttons that I use for most aircraft.

Now I've bought the A2A spitfire, and it comes with it's own tool for mapping non-standard-fsx functions to certain buttons, and I'd like to use that tool specifically for this aircraft, as it'll save me the headache of programming them through the FSUIPC ini file.

What I'd like to do now is, in a profile-specific button settings section for the Spitfire (I already set UseProfiles to Yes and created a spitfire profile) I'd like to UNASSIGN certain buttons that are used in my "generic" settings.

So basically, I want these buttons to do NOTHING when I press on them (since I will be setting them with the A2A custom tool). But this is were I'm stuck, cause I don't know how to assign a "blank" command to a button in FSUIPC.

Cause obviously, when I don't assign that button at all in the profile-specific section, it takes the command set in the generic button section, but this is not what I want.

Could you please help me out here ?

Thanks and best regards,

Mathieu

What I'd like to do now is, in a profile-specific button settings section for the Spitfire (I already set UseProfiles to Yes and created a spitfire profile) I'd like to UNASSIGN certain buttons that are used in my "generic" settings.

So basically, I want these buttons to do NOTHING when I press on them (since I will be setting them with the A2A custom tool). But this is were I'm stuck, cause I don't know how to assign a "blank" command to a button in FSUIPC.

There isn't a specific "blank" control, but you could assign it to some control that doesn't actually do anything in your aircraft, either because it simply isn't applicable, or because Microsoft never actually implemented any code to support it!

For example, one possibility is to assign it to send a keypress of a key not used or assigned anywhere else. You could probably send a "null" (zero) key, but you'd need to assign a real key then change the keycode to 0 in the INI file.

For controls which might do nothing, see things like "Decrease concorde nose visor", "Decrease helo gov beep", "Toggle water rudder", etc. There are lots when you look.

However, I like the idea of having a "NULL" control you can assign, where nothing happens at all. I'll put that on my "to do" list, probably named "Nothing" as "Null" is a little technical-sounding.

Thanks!

Regards

Pete