The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC download

ZR1

I recently bought a program F/A-18E Superbug for flight simulator X, when I went to install this program i got an error message stating that I needed to download the FSUIPC 4 for FSX. The exact error message stated the following.

The VRS Superbug requires FSUIPC 4 (freeware version) for FSX. FSUIPC 4 was not found in the selected install location. FSUIPC 4 can be downloaded from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. Please be sure you have installed FSUIPC, and confirmed it is operating by pressing ALT and seeing it in the "addons" menu in flight.

I went to the website and downloaded what I believe is the correct software and followed the installation instructions and it came up with a web registration which I thought was odd seeing as how I thought it was freeware so I didn't register and tried reinstalling the original program and still got the same message. I am not sure what I am doing wrong if anything but I really would like some help to attempt to fix this problem and get back on track. All help is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

FSUIPC operates in two modes:

Unregistered, which is free and acts as a communications channel between FSX and tools outside it. This is all you need for the SuperBug.

Registered, which is not free and a license can be purchased from http://www.simmarket.com, allowing your to have much more control over how FSX works and you interract with it, such as fixing some of the most annoying weather bugs, better control calibration tools and much, much, more besides. You do not need to register FSUIPC to use it with the VRS SuperBug.

If you simply click "cancel" on the registration screen at the end of installation, you will have installed the unregistered version.

For further details, please see the FSUIPC documentation (in your FSX\modules\FSUIPCDocuments folder), which explains all the other things FSUIPC does when registered as well.

Best regards,

Ian P.

I went to the website and downloaded what I believe is the correct software and followed the installation instructions and it came up with a web registration which I thought was odd seeing as how I thought it was freeware so I didn't register and tried reinstalling the original program and still got the same message.

Ian explained things well, but additionally i should point out that a little reading on your part, of the accompanying Installation document, would have surely set your mind at rest and allowed you to carry on happily. You would have surely seen the red banner pronouncing:

You do NOT have to Register at this time. In this case simply click the Cancel button to continue.

Pete