Project Magenta GC for lower eicas screen

Windows7 Ultimate (3 clients)

Project Magenta GC for CPT, F/O and eicas screen

Project Magenta CDU for CPT client

Project Magenta RCDU for F/O client

CockpitSonic Dual Seat Trainer

CPflight MCP, 2 EFIS, 2 COMMs, 2 NAVs, 2 ADFs, 1 ATC

FlyEngravity 2 CDUs

Project Magenta CPT & F/O, MCP, CDU, RCDU, latest version 484 on 3 independent clients

CH Eclipse yokes for CPT & F/O

LEO BODNARD BU0836X serves as OH Lights panel situated on my pedestal

Revolution Sim Products Pro line TQ

1 projector for external visuals

Hi to all,

This is my first post here,

My name is Nick (36 y.o.) and I live in Athens. I am a home cockpit builder for 3 years now but MS Flight Simulator since I was a teenager...

I have a LeoBodnard card and have assigned to several switches mostly the 737 OH lights panel offsets, like Landing lights, taxi lights, logo lights, etc..... It used to work ok, but after recently I have installed few new hardware and I realised that all offsets of my 737 OHD.MCRO do not give results to any of the aircrafts in FS9. The offsets are in the drop down menu of the buttons and switches tab, and I can choose any offset I would like, but does not do the job.

On the other hand all other offsets (like Landing Lights on / Landing Lights off, or Toggle Taxi Lights) do the job.

I would appreciate an advise or a thought on how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

I have a LeoBodnard card and have assigned to several switches mostly the 737 OH lights panel offsets, like Landing lights, taxi lights, logo lights, etc..... It used to work ok, but after recently I have installed few new hardware and I realised that all offsets of my 737 OHD.MCRO do not give results to any of the aircrafts in FS9. The offsets are in the drop down menu of the buttons and switches tab, and I can choose any offset I would like, but does not do the job.

There are no offsets in any dropdowns in FSUIPC. Are you possibly just talking about FS controls, the same as those you can assign in FS itself?

I would appreciate an advise or a thought on how to fix this issue.

If you could explain (1) what it is your 737 OHD macro file does (why not paste it here), and (2) what you expect it to do with "any of the aircrafts in FS9", maybe I could help? If this OHD macro is concerned with the overhead, as it sounds, then as far as I know there are no default FS9 aircraft which implement much of the overhead system in any case. In the case of the lights, then FS9 does support several of the lights directly by controls.

And although you mention "any of the aircrafts in FS9" in your earlier blurb you say "POSKY 737-832 aircraft only".

You also seem to contradict yourself where you say on the one hand (and here I'm substituting 'controls' for 'offsets' so it makes some sense):

assigned to several switches mostly the 737 OH lights panel controls, like Landing lights, taxi lights, logo lights, etc..... It used to work ok, but after recently I have installed few new hardware and I realised that all controls of my 737 OHD.MCRO do not give results to any of the aircrafts in FS9.

but then you say:

On the other hand all other controls (like Landing Lights on / Landing Lights off, or Toggle Taxi Lights) do the job.

So one the one hand none of them work, and on the other hand they all work? It cannot be both, surely?

Please explain what it is your talking about and supply a little information and maybe we'll see what is going on. At present I'm afraid I cannot make any sense of your question at all.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

Sorry for not answering for a long time...

Ok so let's go one by one...

When I say "any of the aircrafts in FS9" I mean I have tried with all stock FS aircrafts (boeing type) just to make sure that there is nothing wrong with the aircraft I am always flying, that POSKY 737-800 for FS9.

Please forgive me Pete, when I said dropdowns in FSUIPC, I meant FS controls. After checking FS controls, there are two drop down menus. The first is for when the button is pressed and the second (the one below) for when the button is released.....

The 737 OHD.MCRO file is a file that FSUIPC has which simulates all offsets (I hope I say it correctly) for the Boeing 737 aircraft. All offsets start with 737 OHD and in there I can see almost all overhead switches involved. Hope my explanation helps.

On the other there are other offsets, like Landing Lights on and Landing Lights off that I assume are normal FS assignments. I assume (again) that one can assign the same offset to a button from FSUIPC or FS9 in the controls/assignments menu.

Let;s get more precise now...

Let's say I have two buttons...

Let's say we would like to assign to the first one Landing Lights on when button is pressed and

Let's say we would like to assign to the second one Strobe Lights on when the button is pressed.

My guess is that the first button would be assigned from FS control "control sent when button pressed" by choosing "Landing Lights On" and

Again my guess is that second button would be assigned from FS control "control sent when button pressed" by choosing "737 OH : Strobe"

Pete please verify that I am correct till now :)

So both buttons are set as above.... the first one indeed lights up Landing Lights but the second does not lights up Strobe Lights.... This happens for every 737 OHD : xxx control I choose, whatever aircraft I choose. On the other hand every other control works fine.

Hope now it makes sence,

Thanks

Nick

Sorry for not answering for a long time...

Not a problem for me, but you only just caught me. I'm off from tomorrow on holiday until March 14th.

The 737 OHD.MCRO file is a file that FSUIPC has which simulates all offsets (I hope I say it correctly) for the Boeing 737 aircraft. All offsets start with 737 OHD and in there I can see almost all overhead switches involved. Hope my explanation helps.

Er ... this macro file. Is it one you've made yourself, for the Posky aircraft?

I'm afraid I still don't understand your wording. By "offsets" are you still meaning "assignable controls"? Why are you using the term "offsets" all of the time? It makes no sense.

If you are talking about the 737 OHD.mcro file supplied with FSUIPC as an example of programming mouse macros, then that is only for a specific version of the PMDG 737. There is no way any mouse macro will transfer between different aircraft's gauge files because they are designed to call routines directly inside the code of those gauges, and each is different. You have to make your own macros for your own aircraft.

Pretty much nothing in any of the Microsoft default aircraft is susceptible to the mouse macro methods in any case.

On the other there are other offsets, like Landing Lights on and Landing Lights off

Ah! So by "offsets" you DO mean "controls"? Can you please use the term "controls" because "offsets" are are completely different subject.

Let's say I have two buttons...

Let's say we would like to assign to the first one Landing Lights on when button is pressed and

Let's say we would like to assign to the second one Strobe Lights on when the button is pressed.

My guess is that the first button would be assigned from FS control "control sent when button pressed" by choosing "Landing Lights On" and

Again my guess is that second button would be assigned from FS control "control sent when button pressed" by choosing "737 OH : Strobe"

You are being inconsistent in any case. Why would you use a 737 Overhead macro for strobe lights and not for landing lights? Both are actually, for a 737, in the overhead.

Anyway, the answer, in any case, is NO! Unless you are using the specific 737 for which the supplied Macro file is an example.

To switch the strobe lights on and off use the Strobes on and Strobes off controls! That's what they are for.

Regards

Pete

So which controls exist in "FS controls" for the 737 overhead lights panel ?

Light switches in the default 737? Take a look through the controls list. You don't have to just scroll through the drop-downs, you can refer to the controls list document installed for you in the FSUIPC Documents folder in the FS Modules folder, alongside the rest of the documentation.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I've already made some progress

So let's take the FS controls one by one, at least the ones I need:

Switch 1

LANDING LIGHTS ON --> LANDING_LIGHTS_ON

LANDING LIGHTS OFF --> LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF

Switch 2

TAXI LIGHTS ON --> TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS

TAXI LIGHTS OFF --> TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS

Switch 3

LOGO LIGHTS ON --> TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS

LOGO LIGHTS OFF --> TOGGLE_LOGO_LIGHTS

Switch 4

STROBE LIGHTS ON --> STROBES_TOGGLE

STROBE LIGHTS OFF --> STROBES_TOGGLE

Switch 5

POSITION LIGHTS ON --> ?

POSITION LIGHTS OFF --> ?

Switch 6

ANTI COLISSION LIGHTS ON --> ?

ANTI COLISSION LIGHTS OFF --> ?

Switch 7

WING LIGHTS ON --> TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS

WING LIGHTS OFF --> TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS

Can you please help me replace the question marks ?

I have Project Magenta by the way,

Regards

Nick

• 2 weeks later...