The simFlight Network Forums

Wing View Command Issue

I wish to assign two buttons on my CH Pro Yoke to activate wing views on the PIC 737. The wing views are accessed on the keyboard by pressing "5" then 7,4,1, 9.6.3 to access various wing views. When attempting to set his up in FSUIPC, the utility will not recognize the keystrokes "5" and also the other number selected at the same time.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Kevin

I wish to assign two buttons on my CH Pro Yoke to activate wing views on the PIC 737. The wing views are accessed on the keyboard by pressing "5" then 7,4,1, 9.6.3 to access various wing views. When attempting to set his up in FSUIPC, the utility will not recognize the keystrokes "5" and also the other number selected at the same time.

I don't think they would be pressed at the same time, but in sequence.

To send a sequence like that you'd have to either make a multi-lined macro, or edit the FSUIPC INI files to make multiple assignments to the same button. You can't do that in the Options tabs, unless for a sequence of 2 only you do the first character on the 'Press' and the second on the 'Release'. If you only need the two, that might work.

However, there may be a much better way. Enable Event logging in FSUIPC, on the logging page, then press 5 and one of the views. Check the log, see what was sent. Then you might be able to assign the relevant controls directly. There are view selection controls.If you are talking about FSX there are direct controls for cameras 0 through 9 ("VIEW CAMERA SELECT 0" ... etc). In FS9 there are "VIEW AUX 0 ..." contorls, but I don't know if they do anything.

Regards

Pete